I started the game this morning for the first time (so after the last update), but I still can't access the monster tower after getting to 10F. + so people can see it and won't restart the game hoping that the monster tower is fixed; + so that the creator can see that the bug is still present
- "Triple check all your quotes before adding them to your game" - Shakespeare
- Maybe put an option to show more than one quote per page, or a minigame where you can attribute quotes to famous characters and get money if you guess correct? Or both?
- Better exchange rates for the different conversion options: right now only the third one is useful, as the other two offer too little gold for the number of combinations they require. Why are they even there?
I hope to see this game grow so much I'll be able to rate it 5/5! The concept is exceptionally original and it has all the cards to turn into an awesome top-rated idle game. Best of luck!
I had to split the message in three parts… I apparently used too many words! Sorry for the wall of text. 3/3
- Right now clicking is completely useless after you get the 2,000 clicks achievement (the last clicks-related achievement I got, even though only the 100 clicks achievement is showing up at the moment). More clicks-related achievements wouldn't make clicking more relevant than it is, but it would at least give players one reason to do it. Having those achievement show up properly would also be nice.
- More quotes, betterly distribuited quotes and better rewards for discovering quotes: I think I found my first quote a couple of hours after I started the game and now that I'm making 6-letter words I only discovered 11. This probably means that the other 122 quotes are likely cramped later in the game, away from the curious player that approaches Idle Quotes because he thought that it had a fancy premise. Moreover, the next achievement requires me to discover 25 quotes and "rewards" me with 1,750 gold when right now I need millions just to upgrade my assistants once. 2/3
This is an awesome concept for an idle game and it definitely has a huge potential! I initially voted the game 4/5 because I loved the idea of learning new English words as I was playing, but 400M combinations later I opted for 3/5 as I think it better describes the current state of the game.
Here are some suggestions I came up with, based on my experience:
- There should be more words! As of now, there are only 51,361 words in the game. The Second Edition of the 20-volume Oxford English Dictionary contains 171,476 words that are currently used and 47,156 obsolete words, not counting plurals (cat-cats) and inflections (knock-knocks-knocked) that are instead present in the game. A few users suggested a couple of good sites to update the word database, but even any Scrabble word list could improve the current situation.
- I'd love to browse the whole list of words I discovered, but right now I can only see the last 18 words I found. 1/3
An auto-level upgradeable perk would be great! Something like: "automatically hire heroes (if enough money is available)" at 1st level. Higher levels could upgrade heroes to 10th, 25th, 50th, 75th and 100th level.
Pro tip: if you can consistently defeat a monster before the money you got from the moster before it are auto collected (i.e. without crit fishing, aka getting lucky and doing a lot of crits in a row) on a level that ends with a 4 or a 9, then you're 100% ready for the boss on the next level.
The games is really nice. I just have one little complaint: when you reach the edge of infinity, the guardian's names (except Apocateq's) cover the last power up and make it illegible. Could you move them somewhere else? Alternatively, could you make each power up smaller so that the last one isn't covered by the guardian's names?
I completed the game. It took just about 9 hours, which is remarkably short for an idle game, but it was quite enjoyable. I expected a bit more realism after the atomic level, though (apples?). Still, a solid 4/5.
Hey, do you like games? So do we — that’s what makes Kongregate the best source of free games online. We have thousands upon thousands of free online games, from both one-man indies and large studios, rated and filtered so you can play the best of the best. Read more »