@Tukkun: I'm not actually playing anymore, but it's always nice to see a developer listening to the users' feedback and implementing it in his work so the notification didn't bother me at all! Bracket Hero now works perfectly with my keyboard setting: thank you on behalf of all the QWERTY users. :)
This game has potential. However, it runs at such a snail's pace (especially during combat) that it is nearly unplayable as it is without forcing yourself to play it: this is the only reason that led me to abandon it before completing even the first floor.
I started the game this morning for the first time (so after the last update), but I still can't access the monster tower after getting to 10F. + so people can see it and won't restart the game hoping that the monster tower is fixed; + so that the creator can see that the bug is still present
- "Triple check all your quotes before adding them to your game" - Shakespeare
- Maybe put an option to show more than one quote per page, or a minigame where you can attribute quotes to famous characters and get money if you guess correct? Or both?
- Better exchange rates for the different conversion options: right now only the third one is useful, as the other two offer too little gold for the number of combinations they require. Why are they even there?
I hope to see this game grow so much I'll be able to rate it 5/5! The concept is exceptionally original and it has all the cards to turn into an awesome top-rated idle game. Best of luck!
I had to split the message in three parts… I apparently used too many words! Sorry for the wall of text. 3/3
- Right now clicking is completely useless after you get the 2,000 clicks achievement (the last clicks-related achievement I got, even though only the 100 clicks achievement is showing up at the moment). More clicks-related achievements wouldn't make clicking more relevant than it is, but it would at least give players one reason to do it. Having those achievement show up properly would also be nice.
- More quotes, betterly distribuited quotes and better rewards for discovering quotes: I think I found my first quote a couple of hours after I started the game and now that I'm making 6-letter words I only discovered 11. This probably means that the other 122 quotes are likely cramped later in the game, away from the curious player that approaches Idle Quotes because he thought that it had a fancy premise. Moreover, the next achievement requires me to discover 25 quotes and "rewards" me with 1,750 gold when right now I need millions just to upgrade my assistants once. 2/3
This is an awesome concept for an idle game and it definitely has a huge potential! I initially voted the game 4/5 because I loved the idea of learning new English words as I was playing, but 400M combinations later I opted for 3/5 as I think it better describes the current state of the game.
Here are some suggestions I came up with, based on my experience:
- There should be more words! As of now, there are only 51,361 words in the game. The Second Edition of the 20-volume Oxford English Dictionary contains 171,476 words that are currently used and 47,156 obsolete words, not counting plurals (cat-cats) and inflections (knock-knocks-knocked) that are instead present in the game. A few users suggested a couple of good sites to update the word database, but even any Scrabble word list could improve the current situation.
- I'd love to browse the whole list of words I discovered, but right now I can only see the last 18 words I found. 1/3