Game's a bit boring :/
But I think that if you don't try to play too much in one sitting and bore yourself to death, it's worth the pride of another impossible badge. Here I go to through this thing 2 more times. . . .
GOT THE IMPOSSIBLE BADAGE :)
Hunter with militia, ranger and sheriff. Bowgun 5 (anti armor, impact, damage), gravity gun 3 (leech, damage), gravity gun 4 (leech, damage), combat shotgun 3 (damage, leech, ammo, reloading).
If I can give you some advice that I didn't see in any guide is: A) Once you reach level 10 hire a henchman everyday until someone can use a gravity gun. B) If you are struggling and a game doesn't look promising, it's worth it to ruin it for good with a huge debt by hiring henchmen but make sure you get the get to day 40 for the gravity gun medal. C) Also, a character using gravity gun gets skills you need, just focus them to upgrade reloading until they have around 50% bonus.
And just to notice that your game doesn't have to be absolutely perfect: As hunter I won without having cripple shot, engineer and power shot which are supposed to be important skills.
Really easy impossible badge. I needed a good bunch of tries but nothing extraordinary and since the music is good, I didn't get sick of it.
This could be compared to a bullet heaven game. There are other bullet heaven games with impossible badges that require you to win multiple, longer and harder levels.
To get the impossible badge it's way easier if you change your play style and focus on different buildings for each medal. Missiles killed: EMP and shield. Missiles disabled: Flak and shield. Deadeye: Slow motion and main. Money: I got it by focusing only on the main.
The game is very skill based but I can give some advice:
1) Don't forget to use the shield offensively. Specially against groups of red diamonds or blue mothers.
2) When there is a group of lasers targeting you from the other side of the screen, use the shield quickly and ram them.
3) Every time you feel like using the shield defensively. Always use slow motion for 2 or 3 seconds to check for an opening BEFORE activating the shield. Your RARELY need to use slow motion for extended periods of time.
4) Always move. Most of the time, the monster's attacks are synchronized so it's easy.
5) Try to clear the green bombers as soon as possible, since they have very little HP you can even make them first priority. They can fill the screen with bombs. When they do this use the double click.
6) Focus on killing small dispersed groups of monsters. Specially if they are lasers.
7) I won with the sunglasses character. It's hard to explain but I came to the conclusion that it is more efficient.
The round that got me the impossible badge was EPIC! LIKE A DAMN MOVIE!!!
When I had around 300k points I was forced to the upper edge of the screen at the worst possible time, shield was on cooldown and I HAD TO GO THROUGH 6 LASERS!!! While I was going through them I just assumed I was dead, got to the centre of the screen, checked my life and I had next to nothing, I literally didn't see my health bar at first glance and in my mind I was so dead already that I SWEAR I saw the screen turning red!!!
Turns out I lived with 1 HP or something and made a come back finishing with 533k pints.
I didn't want to put a lot of work in the Impossible badge to find a challenge, well, impossible to beat and have all the work go to trash. So I started with what appears to be the hardest challenge: 15.
I managed to beat it!!!! I think it just took me like 30 minutes. The final turns were epic. He summoned the 10 Attack monster and his initial attack was blocked by an Immunity. He had 15 HP left and 4 Elder but I had the Hound of Tindalos and 3 Arcane!!! GG
I won with 12 HP left and the round was rather short. I don't even know how I did it.
If it sounds stupid but it works, it ain't stupid: At the start of the game pause and use ALL of your energy to build nothing but bays and spawn bombers. They obliterate the base in SECONDS. Some times the enemy will survive the first wave of bombers but now with less defenses it won't last long. This doesn't work only for duel! In skirmish and even surround levels at least one enemy will be gone in an instant and then it's easier. In Defense levels I get gunships instead and I DO build one reactor and take from there.
It's starting to be less effective in later levels but so far I destroyed at least half of the game with this strategy.