I feel like this was way to streamlined from Feudalism II. The game went more into fantasy than realistic medieval like the other Feudalisms, there is less strategy involved. The only improvement is the combat, which was atrocious in the other Feudalisms.
@12_Hundred This game is far from historically accurate.
1. One of the earls you face as the vikings was actually on the vikings side, for he betrayed the saxons.
2. The Saxons were not known as The English, Saxons were German. Anglo meaning English, Saxon being German. They were Germans living in England.
3. It is on record that King Harold was shot with an arrow, the knight theory is invalid.
4. Men-at-Arms were not infantry, men-at-arms was a term used for esquires, knights, and lords. They would be cavalry, not infantry.
5. The correct troop count at Hasting was Normans: 6,000 Anglo-Saxons: 6,300.
6. They only reason the Saxons lost was that when the Norman knights were routing the Fyrd (spear militia) chased them, leaving a gap in the shield wall, which Duke William quickly exposed.
Slightly inaccurate but an Amazing game. The Americans should have Rifleman who fire faster, the Americans should have faster firing assault squads with more damage, the Germans should have a faster firing MG team but with less accuracy, while the Germans will have more accurate assualt squads. The officers should have SMGs; and the tanks should be the M4A3 Sherman (the M4A1 wasn't used in 1944) and either make the Panzer a Panzer IV Ausf H or a Panzer III Ausf N (but the Panzer III wasn't used much by 1944). The M4A3 outclasses the Panzer III (the tank in the game) at EVERYTHING (firepower, mobility, armour) but would be out-gunned and armoured by the Panzer IV Ausf H (or J). The Sherman would be more effective against infantry however.
Uh, I just wanted to point these out., the game's still an easy 5/5, just could use some updates to make it more realistic.
Use Panzers to invade the Soviets. Let's see, in the first 6 months on the Eastern Front there were abot 750,000 German casualties and about 7.5 million Soviet (civilian and soldier) casualties. WHY CAN"T I DO THAT!!! In WWII the Germans had superior everything to the USSR.. except numbers...