Thanks for your comments and support. Here is our latest update which is now in the game:
- Added a speed button to battles, which will speed battle time up.
- Removed time limit to reset character
- Removed username swear filter that was denying some usernames from playing the game
- Fixed an uncommon bug that froze when you used potions
- Your character will move automatically, use the arrow keys or WASD keys to change directions.
- Staying true to classic “Snake” gameplay, you cannot move the opposite way you are facing
- Character will AUTOMATICALLY attack when near enemies.
- Walk near coins and items to pick them up
Brand new screenshot posted to our Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/LikwidGames
This screenshot shows off the hero wearing some armor, and also shows how we solved the problem many users had with Castaway 1, where you could not see your character behind objects.
I really appreciate all of the comments and ideas from everyone. There are many suggestions that have been brought up and will definitely be addressed if the game warrants a sequel (thoughts on that?). Some of these include increasing inventory size, hot keys, mouse movement, save check points, pet reviving, and more. New features (and feel free to add to this list), better pet functionality, crafting, forging, mini games, more towns, more spells/attacks. Thanks again for your support of the game.
Thanks for all the input so far, it is very much appreciated.
This is our first crack at making an RPG, and we do realize now that a lot of things were done the wrong way. I think we mainly assumed too much that users would easily figure out some things like the entrances/exits to and from different maps. The controls are definitely strange at the start, but they do become natural after a while. Rest assured, if this game warrants a sequel, we will take every great suggestion and make sure it is included.
@Hakuangel7: You equip items in the equipment tab in the status screen. Choose the slot you would like to equip. If there is nothing currently equipped it says "none". It doesn't mean you don't have any items to equip.
Hey, do you like games? So do we — that’s what makes Kongregate the best source of free games online. We have thousands upon thousands of free online games, from both one-man indies and large studios, rated and filtered so you can play the best of the best. Read more »