This game is good, fantastic for a beta.
You need to make the following additions for superstardom:
1. Multiplayer (sounds like it's coming)
2. Improve AI (ideally 2 levels of AI) that is more of a math problem than anything else for this game.
3. Figure out a way to eliminate the initial method of beating the levels easily by attacking the large circles directly.
Best combo (obviously all MAX'd): (Fire) Battering Ram's all along the front row. (Shadow) Vulture's all along the back row.
Attack with the vulture's first, which are immune it counterattack. Next attack with the rams. I can always take out the front three monsters before they attack and often get in 1-2 hits on the back monsters.
With this setup I beat the last castle without losing anyone.
To the person who said: "Once your guys are maxed, the difference between a 2AC and a 1 AC is very small (at max a 2 becomes a 3 and a 1 becomes a 2)". That's just not true. You're using the wrong monsters in that case, since a battering ram will double the damage it can output (13 becomes 26).
@jasonskjonsby - Save level function? You can choose from any level you've completed. Most levels take 3-4 guys max and you want to save it?
@bohunk - ALWAYS and WITHOUT EXCEPTION? If it screwed up that often I don't think it would be getting an above 4 average. Perhaps you need to adapt a bit?
The Jump,2-4,1-5,5-9,2-1,7-1,2-2,1-1,4-2,1-3,5-8,2-4,4-4,1-3,5-7,1-1,2-2,4-7,1-2,5-6,1-1,2-1,4-9,1-2,5-5,1-1,4-11,1-2,5-4,4-13,1-2,5-3,1-1,4-13,1-2,5-2,1-1,4-14,1-2,5-1,1-2,4-14,1-5,4-12,1-3,5-1,1-4,4-10,1-3,5-2,1-4,4-9,20-1,1-2,5-3,1-4,4-7,20-2,19-1,1-1,5-4,1-5,4-4,20-3,19-1,1-1,5-5,1-5,4-1,2-1,20-3,19-1,2-2,5-5,1-6,20-3,19-1,2-1,8-1,2-1,5-6,1-6,20-1,19-1,2-1,8-3, #
To make this game fun/usable:
1. More realistic randomization, the code should be freely available on the internet. This is obviously off.
2. Easier gameplay, canceling at every stage is vexing to say the least. Cut down on mouse clicks.
3. If you're going to show the dice roll, always show the dice roll, don't skimp out in specific scenarios.
I use firefox in Linux and can see the text. It is rather obnoxiously big however.
I'm not a flash developer, but is there a method of embedding the fonts you are using in the flash movie? This may solve the problem.
Otherwise, nice work!