Forums Kongregate

Exciting big time news! Kongregate's been acquired by GameStop! page 10 (locked)

1152 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by mden:

So, um, does this mean that points might possibly be redeemable? You know, 10,000 points gets you a PS3, 25,000 some kind of money, whatever.

I ask for, um, completely non-personal reasons.

(rubs his 69,000 points gently)

nope.

Does greg know about this?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vegard20:

So, um, does this mean that points might possibly be redeemable? You know, 10,000 points gets you a PS3, 25,000 some kind of money, whatever.

nope.

<whisper>Does greg know about this?</whisper>

…:(

Man, 69,000 points doesn’t go as far as it used to. :(

Flag Post

No, points won’t ever do anything but give you bragging rights.

SIXTYNINETHOUSAND OMG HOW DID YOU

Flag Post

By the Noodles of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I swear I will troll any Gamestop exec that gets admin powers on Kong. Other than that, kongrats and RAmen.

Flag Post

None will, don’t worry. I asked.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

No, points won’t ever do anything but give you bragging rights.

SIXTYNINETHOUSAND OMG HOW DID YOU

jayisgames partner…

Flag Post

2 words:

the end

Flag Post

Congratulations guys!

I’m sure that all the eventually changes in the site will be for the best.
Also I really hope none of you guys lose your jobs. xD

Congrats and welcome GameStop to the Kongregate family.

Flag Post
Originally posted by videogames518:
Originally posted by ChampNorris:

How will this affect gamestop?

Maybe they might have their game makers turn some of the games created by some Kong members into a game for one of the systems?

gamestop doesnt make games, it sells them

Flag Post
Originally posted by Deadrights:
Originally posted by Zshadow:

Gamestop truly understands gaming. Glad to see more things will be added to the site, with more resources, and possibly a KONGREGATE COMMERCIAL? :3

Seriously, I want to spit out my cheerios one morning after seeing Greg do some sort of dance.

How about this dance?

Or this?

\

Or this.

You’re such a Jim Greer. ;)

Flag Post

Gamestop truly understands gaming. Glad to see more things will be added to the site, with more resources, and possibly a KONGREGATE COMMERCIAL? :3

Seriously, I want to spit out my cheerios one morning after seeing Greg do some sort of dance.

How about this dance?

Or this?

Or this.

Is that a good thing?

Flag Post

How about this dance?

Or this?

Or this.

Is that a good thing?

better than being greg – id0ntlikegreg

Flag Post

I hardly see why writing a couple of articles on a popular casual gaming website warrants anything like a PS3.

Flag Post

I doubt points will ever be convertable into anything like money or stuff you could sell. Two many possibilities for abuse.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Procyonpi:

I doubt points will ever be convertable into anything like money or stuff you could sell. Two many possibilities for abuse.

indeed.

Flag Post

Im not too concerned but I just want kongregate to stay as it is, no name change, no forums change, no webpage change, no chatroom change, that’s all I’m saying

Flag Post

I guess we will all have to wait to see what happens. Although I’m glad we’re finally losing the beta tag.

Flag Post

I suppose it’s good for kongregate, since they now have a steady source of income, since game-stop has several stores and everything.
it’s even better for the developers, since it draws attention to kongregate, and could get any game idea’s out there, since if you are making money off a game and the game becomes popular, it could warrant interest from a studio, like how some flash games get console versions.
it also means that kongregate might be pushed to do more with microtransactions, though that was pretty much going to happen anyway, considering the multiplayer games.
worst case scenario is that kongregate becomes popular and a lot of newer members come in, and they end up being swearing 12 year-olds.

Flag Post

I’m looking forward to Kongai being a game sold in GameStop too

Flag Post

I know greg won’t be fired. But does that mean there will be more badge creators? I would Like to see more badges and more challenges :D

Flag Post

Hm, yes. But, still… that’s what we have mods for, right? To make sure those 12 year olds grow up in the chatrooms…

Also, some brain power is needed to find the forums, so they’re pretty safe.

Originally posted by austin131000:

I know greg won’t be fired. But does that mean there will be more badge creators? I would Like to see more badges and more challenges :D

No, never. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

*decapitates austin*

Flag Post

Kongregate/Gamestop comercials would be soo kewl, can I get my name in the commercial pwease? I’ll give ducklette another male duck friend…. and i’ll give everyone else some cookies and waffles, and greg gets his own butler <3 P.S. I wuv you greg, even though you’re on your Honeymoon and probably don’t know about this P.S.S Is she hot?

Flag Post

:o sniffles But… But… I like badges

Flag Post
Originally posted by austin131000:

Hell no then all the people trying to get all the badges will have a freaking tough time like that guy with no life, Tasselfoot.

Flag Post

Btw let’s see if we can get this shout to over 1,000 pages, and then i’ll pay the first person to read it all 100 points from greg’s account.