Forums Kongregate

Exciting big time news! Kongregate's been acquired by GameStop! page 2 (locked)

1153 posts

Flag Post

I got Rick Roll’d by Jim Greer. :(
Am I gonna die now?

Flag Post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WORST NEWS OF THE MONTH

I call BS: “GameStop likes us for who we are and is not looking to change Kongregate – they just want to help us grow and improve.” seriously, I love this site so much, this depresses me so hardcore. UGH.

Flag Post

Congrats!!

So, big new adds, huh?

Flag Post

Well, that was a little unexpected, but it all sounds great, mainly two points:
(1) They wont be making any big changes to Kongregate
(2) They are putting their resources behind kong so the site can develop further quicker.

Good choice guys!

Flag Post

Amazing.

Flag Post

Wow, congrats Jim and Emily! I, for one, welcome our new Game Stopping overlords!

Flag Post

Interesting… But how do we know that the gamestop zombie overlords aren’t already controlling Jim and AC to make them say all these things? \shifty eyes\

Flag Post

What I really don’t want to see is the Gamestop logo pasted all over every page, though I guess that might be necessary.

Also, I hope that the current admins, knowing much more about Kongregate than Gamestop, will be looked to for all of the most important decisions regarding the site. I know you won’t be fired, but you shouldn’t be pushed aside either.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ratattak:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WORST NEWS OF THE MONTH

I call BS: “GameStop likes us for who we are and is not looking to change Kongregate – they just want to help us grow and improve.” seriously, I love this site so much, this depresses me so hardcore. UGH.

Admins aren’t gonna lie to you for fun. :P Im sure they wont drastically change anything. And gamestop is huuuge, so if anything Kong will get more advertisement and funds I imagine to help make the site better.
Also, aww Beta sign. </3

Flag Post

If they don’t mess with the forums, things will be fine.

Flag Post

Oh, dont remove the Beta tag. Its the other Greg. :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by ratattak:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WORST NEWS OF THE MONTH

See, I thought it sounded cheesy as we were writing it, but there’s not much other way to put it. We’re not cashing out and disappearing, we’re not turning into corporate site of corporateness, and we’re not…doing much of anything differently in the forseeable future. If we are then nobody told me, at least. ;) Jim and Emily are still in charge of Kongregate and were not only given permission to continue to run Kongregate the way they have been doing so all along, but they report directly to the president of the company.

I’m glad you love this site, and I do too, but it’s important to remember that its founders also love it. They made it, after all, and really like what it has grown into. The site does need to change – it needs to grow, and it needs to get better because, well, that’s what healthy businesses do. But nobody on staff is getting left out in the cold, and you guys won’t be either. We wanted ways to be able to provide you with better features sooner, and I know you don’t know me or anything, but I hope you’ll trust me when I say that this is a really excellent way to make that happen. :)

Edit: Just so you know, ducks are immune to zombification. Have you ever seen a zombie duck? I think not.

Flag Post

Guys, stop worrying about CHANGE, CHANGE, CHANGE.

Gamestop will see that Kongregate’s audience (Us) don’t want bad changes, so they’ll probably have the sense to not implement one’s we don’t like….

Also, They still got all the Kong employees working there, so i’m pretty sure that our Duckies, and our Greggies, and our Johnnies will still have a big say in what happens here.

Flag Post

kongregrats guys, I think that this chagne is one of the best things to happen to the kong since, well, it opened. xD rickrolled

Flag Post

Well as the runner up Kongregator of the year 2009, I would like to add Kongratulations to all the adminz0rs and (I thought greg was a rusty ole robatz anyhow :O)

We don’t want to move, but if they provide us water and om noms we might just stay and be happy Kongers at Gamestopz0r!

Well done t you all, looks like you might have to put some shoes on and sit at a desk now. hahaha

Flag Post

Honestly, the biggest change that we’ll likely see in the near future is the ability to hire more employees, especially programmers. Right now we have a grand total of 5 engineers on the team. Adding a few more will significantly increase our speed of development and our ability to bring cool new features to all of you! So yeah, there will be some changes – specifically, quicker changes in the direction we were already going, since we’ll have more resources. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ducklette:

Edit: Just so you know, ducks are immune to zombification. Have you ever seen a zombie duck? I think not.

Flag Post

I hope they gave at least 60millions!
And I hope Greg got some slaves to help him with the API working so we can get more quests!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vegard20:

I hope they gave at least 60millions!
And I hope Greg got some slaves to help him with the API working so we can get more quests!

Yeah Vegard, good point there…

How much did Gamestop pay?

Flag Post

SHOPPED, RUBIX! :D

And K2, I told them I would cry if I actually had to wear shoes, so I think that crisis is averted for the time being.

Flag Post

And K2, I told them I would cry if I actually had to wear shoes, so I think that crisis is averted for the time being.

You cry? awww, that would be soooo :3 :3 :3

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vegard20:

You cry? awww, that would be soooo :3 :3 :3

No offense, but with your height, and if you were to cry, i think GameStop would ask John to stop bringing his child to work…

But then…JOHN USES BEARD!

IT’S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Flag Post

lol’d

Flag Post

LOL Rick roll by Jim Greer

Flag Post

Gamestop truly understands gaming. Glad to see more things will be added to the site, with more resources, and possibly a KONGREGATE COMMERCIAL? :3

Seriously, I want to spit out my cheerios one morning after seeing Greg do some sort of dance.