Forums Kongregate

Exciting big time news! Kongregate's been acquired by GameStop! page 40 (locked)

1152 posts

Flag Post

For the Points Rewards are we going to have to go to a Gamestop and sign up? Because that could get troublesome.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tukkun:
Originally posted by kirdaiht:

Why not give us all a B, for betatester.

LOL! 4 million people with a “B”! And 50,000 new players who complain about not getting a “B”!

Liking this idea.

Flag Post

This will probably be good news for the flash game developers on the site who may have a chance to get the game in some wii ware thing or xbox live and there will most likely be more people playing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by WiiPlayer113:
Originally posted by vipertaco:
Originally posted by WiiPlayer113:

Amazing! Kongrats. NO MORE BETA TAG? Huzzah!

So kongregate is outta beta?? :D

Ooooh. I got quoted. Kongregate is not out of beta yet, but it will be soon.

Kongregate is out of beta! theres no more beta tag but theres a gamestop network one!!!

Flag Post

do i get free stuff from gamestop now? :P

Flag Post

Will greg still make badges and stuff? Kongratz, but, If this gets too big, we’ll all miss the little island of kon it used to be.

Flag Post

how many people actually read the first post before they posted? Most of these questions are already answered

Flag Post

My main question is: What about EU players without GS?
Will there be GS country exclusive stuff? Because I loved how Kongregate was totally international.
Please think of the dudes outside GS countries, and don’t f*ck us in the ass! Pretty please! :)

Flag Post

Wait, I’m from Canada, and the “counterpart” of GS is EB Games. Does that still count?

Flag Post

I’m hoping we can lose the ads now…
I hate those.

Flag Post

We really can’t answer what’s going to happen with non-US Kongregate users and GameStop at this point. I just don’t know. However, worst case scenario, it would likely just mean that some features that aren’t already on Kongregate won’t be available to you. I doubt it would actually hurt your Kongregate experience in any way.

No, we’re not going to lose the ads. Just because we’ve been acquired doesn’t mean we no longer have any need for money. Some of us actually still metabolize and need to continue consuming more sustenance. And that, I’m afraid, costs money.

Flag Post

…I still dont see whats the deal than a random company bougth kong…

Flag Post

Congratz to kongregate for erasing beta button! Its so awesome that kongregate is brought by gamestop cause gamestop is my favorite place! Its awesome to see how the world is getting along with eachother.

Flag Post

Just curious, will there be any modifications done to the Kongregate HQ building (GameStop related)?

Flag Post

Is this gonna be like YouTube being bought by Google crap?

Flag Post

I GOT RICKROLLED! I love getting rickrolled… :)

The only thing about this that’s not 100% nice is that, as it has already been mentioned, Gamestrop is a very US-centric company. Their shipping rates for outside the US are absurd. So, in other words, prize advantages and even promotions will certainly be US-only, like everything in the freaking internet anyway. Oh well.

Flag Post

Wow. Kongregate should Totally do more web casts. Just to keep us in the know and all (and to rickroll us, Yes I have your number.) Just wow. Power gamer rewards intervened with Kongregate points? I’ve been waiting for something like that for EVER. I always thought it would just be getting access to New chat rooms or something. I do Understand that all of these are just Ideas. BUT EXCITING ones at that. More bang for my Dev buck? Sounds good. New site layout? Naw. I Didn’t like that part.

Flag Post

In the vid he is talking about Kongregate and says;
“We’ve had an offer to buy the company from gamestop…” IDK, maybe I missed something?

Flag Post

Monetary rewards!? Greaaaaaaaaaaaat… now my addiction is only going to get worse :P.

Flag Post

Why do I have this bad feeling that Kong is going to go downhill and I mean really downhill over the next year. It’s no secret I despise Gamestop for many reason…their games are over priced, the staff is usually underqualified, and the staff opens games, takes serials ect. and the put the games back on the shelves, which has happened to me twice! I am seriously put off by this, I enjoyed the site being that neat little psuedo-obscure gaming site, now with Gamestop owning it, I fear it will turn to $*!T…this is a great day for the Kong staff/developers/owners, and a really REALLY sad day for the users. :(

Flag Post

Okay gamestop. We can see you now.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by Game_Stop:

[deleted]

Well that’s good to hear.

Flag Post

Just to clarify: Game_Stop is not an employee of GameStop or Kongregate, but is in fact someone with a bad habit of making alts pretending to be other people :P Sorry for any confusion.

Flag Post

Cool, I love GameStop! I love Kongregate! I hope they make a baby