Forums Kongregate

Exciting big time news! Kongregate's been acquired by GameStop! page 41 (locked)

1152 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by AlisonClaire:

Just to clarify: Game_Stop is not an employee of GameStop or Kongregate, but is in fact someone with a bad habit of making alts pretending to be other people :P Sorry for any confusion.

Well that’s not good.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BlackBone:

Cool, I love GameStop! I love Kongregate! I hope they make a baby

Uh… GameBaby?

Flag Post

yippe can i purchase kredswith my edge card and get discounts?
and ya i want kongregate commerials *NAO**-NAAAAOOOOO-*

Flag Post

This is great news :) i just hope there arent going to be any bad changes likes ads and whatnot.

Flag Post
Originally posted by c4ine:

My main question is: What about EU players without GS?
Will there be GS country exclusive stuff? Because I loved how Kongregate was totally international.
Please think of the dudes outside GS countries, and don’t f*ck us in the ass! Pretty please! :)

i sure would hate if international players weren’t included. that would really suck :(

Originally posted by UnitedRebellion:

Wait, I’m from Canada, and the “counterpart” of GS is EB Games. Does that still count?

yeah EB Games is in Australia too, i didnt know they were counterparts.. : /

Flag Post

i love how it says gamestop at the top right corner of the site :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by leogamefreak:

This is great news :) i just hope there arent going to be any bad changes likes ads and whatnot.

I’m pretty sure we’ll be having nothing but good changes. :3
Kongregate would not be a part of Gamestop if it were any other way.

Flag Post

Clarifying: EB is owned by Gamestop now, has been for years. Purchasing EB, which was international where GS was only in US, put them in a global market. Any offer/sale/special you see advertised for GS works for EB/GameCrazy/Babbages/etc. as well, as they are all part of the GS monster. If you have none of those stores, well you might be SoL, don’t know. I’ve heard a lot of the long-running promotions are now unavailable on the website (discount on used with card, discount when buying the guide with a game, etc.)

As a brand-new Kongregate member, I really hope this goes well for the site. I would hate to think I joined just in time to witness a downfall.

Flag Post

I’m fairly sure no one important will see this,but could someone suggest to gamestop that if a kongregator gets level—- they get like a 5% discount at gamestop?And if you gets a gamestop edge card,small discount for kreds and all other kong merchandise.SEE THISSEE THISSEE THIS

Flag Post
Originally posted by whiplash297:

I’m fairly sure no one important will see this,but could someone suggest to gamestop that if a kongregator gets level—- they get like a 5% discount at gamestop?And if you gets a gamestop edge card,small discount for kreds and all other kong merchandise.SEE THISSEE THISSEE THIS

I doubt they’d add some kind of real-life discount for leveling up on Kongregate, it would promote people to hack games more (for having tangible rewards), and would not be good for their business (losing money and all).

Flag Post

does this mean some accounts will get deleted???

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

I doubt they’d add some kind of real-life discount for leveling up on Kongregate, it would promote people to hack games more (for having tangible rewards), and would not be good for their business (losing money and all).

Having some kind of discount might actually be better for their business. It’s a common business tactic to upmark prices and then offer a discount. I mean, it’s not like they’ll ever sell at a loss. It’s also incentivising to buy at GameStop instead of somewhere else. Having the discount from Kongregate also means more people coming here, driving up ad revenue regardless if they cheat or not.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dever:
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

Having some kind of discount might actually be better for their business. It’s a common business tactic to upmark prices and then offer a discount. I mean, it’s not like they’ll ever sell at a loss. It’s also incentivising to buy at GameStop instead of somewhere else. Having the discount from Kongregate also means more people coming here, driving up ad revenue.

or they could do the stupid thing and make it so you can buy games with ur kreds >:( srsly its only a matter of time until they do this and i jut pray i wont be responsable for it beacuse then i would be the most hated person on kong :O

Flag Post

I disliked the rickroll D:

Flag Post
Originally posted by Solwyn:

Im Speechless

what he said :P

Flag Post

Now there are stupid ads that pop up while your playing. Stuff this I’m out

Flag Post

Do you guys sell Battletoads?

Flag Post
Originally posted by EM1NEM:

I havent noticed any ads.Well not any that randomly pop up in the middle of your game anyway.

Flag Post

This is groundbreaking guys, it knew when i was going to bathroom. Like seriously wtf how did it know!?!??!

Flag Post
Originally posted by RoguePilot:

This is groundbreaking guys, it knew when i was going to bathroom. Like seriously wtf how did it know!?!??!

lolwut?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nicholas98:
Originally posted by EM1NEM:

I havent noticed any ads.Well not any that randomly pop up in the middle of your game anyway.

I haven’t noticed any ads since ’09. **** yeah, adblock.

Flag Post

If I went into a Gamestop store would they be advertising Kongregate?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Trigger_Happy_XD:

If I went into a Gamestop store would they be advertising Kongregate?

lolno

Flag Post

Well maybe they should.

Flag Post

Well, we’d hope to get there at some point, but we’re still pretty new to them. :) I don’t think it’s off the table though – I’d be surprised if they didn’t promote us in the stores at some point.