Forums Kongregate

Exciting big time news! Kongregate's been acquired by GameStop! page 6 (locked)

1152 posts

Flag Post

Does this mean GameStop may possibly start advertising for Kong? I don’t know about that, because if GameStop did so we would have WAY too many people

Flag Post

All I have to say about this is…

Imma miss you Beta tag. You were like an old friend, and now Jim is taking you out back like Old Yeller and shooting you like a rabid animal, just because you’re no longer useful to him. Jim is a monster :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

But I haven’t ever seen a Gamestop in this country…

CURS U POLAND

Sorry, I had to take the opportunity since you did not.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jacobdf12:

Does this mean GameStop may possibly start advertising for Kong? I don’t know about that, because if GameStop did so we would have WAY too many people

More people = more ad revenue = more food on the tables of devs = more games = good.

There are potential legitimate concerns about the acquisition, but this ain’t one of them in my book.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AbusedZebra:
Originally posted by Minnakht:

But I haven’t ever seen a Gamestop in this country…

CURS U POLAND

Sorry, I had to take the opportunity since you did not.

Pretty much, just this time it has srs consequences

Flag Post

CURS U POLAND

urdoinitrong

More people = more ad revenue = more food on the tables of devs = more games = good.

Let’s slow down a bit and get servers that can handle these things first. And chat rooms that can handle it. And moderators that can handle it.

More people in the long-term is good, but we certainly wouldn’t need a sudden burst of them.

Flag Post

urdoinitrong

no u ;__;

Flag Post

RIP

Kong

Flag Post

I got “Game” at “The Town of Roses”, but no “Stop” or “GameStop”. :(

Flag Post

Well, I must say I am fairly pleased at this business transaction. Kongregate is an awesome community, and growing is something we all need to do in some shape or form ;). I can’t wait to see how things will turn out in the nearby future, everything already sounds well thought out, and planned!

R.I.P. Kong

Flag Post

This isn’t a bad thing yet. XD

I’ll stay optimistic about this.

I got “Game” but no “Stop” or “GameStop”

Same.

Flag Post

If we get rewards, and I assume from Gamestop, whats going to stop people from making alts?

The details aren’t at all worked out, so I can’t answer any specifics, sorry.

Indeed.

Flag Post

The forums will suck when hundreds (possibly thousands) of people come here.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Frogmanex:

Let’s slow down a bit and get servers that can handle these things first. And chat rooms that can handle it. And moderators that can handle it.

True. I guess I just didn’t really think about that because I don’t use chat a lot (expect for occasionally game-specific chat) and I’m not a mod. The servers should be fine, though, Gamestop’s money will see to that.

Flag Post

That’s the spirit!

With more people coming to Kongregate, we may acquire more intellectual minds and speakers, and also have a bit more staff moderating the forums :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by 09Kisame09:

That’s the spirit!

With more people coming to Kongregate, we may acquire more intellectual minds and speakers, and also have a bit more staff moderating the forums :)

It will cease to be a unique community.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Procyonpi:
Originally posted by jacobdf12:

There are potential legitimate concerns about the acquisition, but this ain’t one of them in my book.

More people also = more trouble. Remember Runescape? :P

Flag Post

Yeah, but I like to think of humanity this way. 60% of people are idiots and 40% of people are intelligent. Sure, we would get a lot more cool people, but the idiots also come with that package.

Flag Post

Yeah, but I like to think of humanity this way. 60% of people are idiots and 40% of people are intelligent. Sure, we would get a lot more cool people, but the idiots also come with that package.

In case you didn’t read it the first time:

More staff to moderate :D

Jagex Moderators are bloodhounds.

Flag Post

Not all idiots are trolls or spammers. You can’t simply silence or ban someone only for the fact that they are not intelligent.

Flag Post

Not all idiots are trolls or spammers. You can’t simply silence or ban someone only for the fact that they are not intelligent.

Then ignore the person, and be the bigger person. Seriously, if people could learn to not take trolls so seriously, they would eventually die out.

Flag Post

Guys, i’ve just thought…

Greg’s on his honeymoon…

Did you sneaky admins get rid of him, and sold the website without him knowing?

Is he going to come back, and see you putting all the kong stuff in a truck. and then he’ll be like LOLWUT?

Flag Post

I doubt a flock of people will suddenly join, not as many as everybody thinks. Gamestop is more console orientated, while kongregate is mostly online community. We are commonly gamers, but there is a big difference between a lobby and a chatroom. :/

Flag Post
Originally posted by 09Kisame09:

Jagex Moderators are bloodhounds.

Didn’t mean that, meant when Runescape came to Kongregate and there was that huge influx of, well, idiocy. :P

Flag Post

Seriously, if people could learn to not take trolls so seriously, they would eventually die out.

I was not talking about trolls. I thought I made this clear.