Forums Kongregate

Exciting big time news! Kongregate's been acquired by GameStop! page 7 (locked)

1152 posts

Flag Post

Wow! Think about how crowded the Kongregate Party in 2011 is gonna be. O_O
Will it be held in some other place next year?

Flag Post

You better have gotten over 9000 for it, Jim!

Flag Post

I’ve annoyed a whole room by rick-rolling them, go jim.

Flag Post

Honestly? Slightly worried. When websites are aquired by big companies, they tend to start pissing people off (which probably explains why Newgrounds is doing so well).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vegard20:

Think of the poor elevator O.O

Flag Post
Originally posted by Arbiter_of_Souls:

You better have gotten over 9000 for it, Jim!

I’m pretty sure he got a lot more than that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tetrismaster:

$50-$100 per ride with the elevator? :3

Flag Post
Didn’t mean that, meant when Runescape came to Kongregate and there was that huge influx of, well, idiocy. :P

Unfortunately(?), I wasn’t here when it came to Kongregate. Was it really that bad?

Originally posted by tetrismaster:

$50-$100 per ride with the elevator? :3

You’re crazy, Vegard.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 09Kisame09:
Didn’t mean that, meant when Runescape came to Kongregate and there was that huge influx of, well, idiocy. :P

Unfortunately(?), I wasn’t here when it came to Kongregate. Was it really that bad?

Many complaints, many indeed.

Flag Post

I didn’t really notice anything but the bad rating it got.

Flag Post

The gamestop people are gonna come and read all this and close the deal xD

Flag Post

There’s potential for a whole lot of people to suddenly join, depending on how they intend to handle things. I certainly hope they won’t do that, though.

In case you didn’t read it the first time:
More staff to moderate :D

Actually, all that I’ve read is that there will likely be more staff to program. When’s the last time you saw someone silenced by Jim7 or duncanbeevers?

Edit: Jesus, this is a fast thread.

Flag Post
Many complaints, many indeed.

Once I get my first skill cape (my original goal), I’ll drop the game. Jagex pretty much ruined it
>_>

I didn’t really notice anything, but the bad rating it got.
It used to be so good, back when there was still a wilderness, and no trade limits. :(

Originally posted by Frogmanex:

There’s potential for a flock of people to suddenly join, depending on how they intend to handle things. I certainly hope they won’t do that, though.

In case you didn’t read it the first time:
More staff to moderate :D

Actually, all that I’ve read is that there will likely be more staff to program. When’s the last time you saw someone silenced by Jim7 or duncanbeevers?

I was thinking more moderators.

Flag Post

Short lived but pretty noticeable, a lot of roleplaying where it shouldn’t be, cursing, spam – but I guess that’s partially because Runescape is more popular among younger children (or it was when I played it, it was popular with my classmates when I was 10/11ish). We’ll see though, I just imagine a rise in users will inevitably mean a rise in bad behaviour. And not even the endearing bad behaviour, but the irritating stuff.

Edit: what do you mean “back when there was still a wilderness”?! It’s gone? IT WAS SO SCARY.

Flag Post
And not even the endearing bad behaviour, but the irritating stuff.

Time to empty my mute list :P

Edit: what do you mean “back when there was still a wilderness”?! It’s gone? IT WAS SO SCARY.
Yes, but fear not. Revenants have taken over the wilderness! Seriously, these creatures pretty much tear you apart :( .. and they added “PVP” worlds where you can PVP EVERYWHERE except for designated buildings/spots where you’re safe.

Flag Post

This talk about Runescape makes me want to spam in Falador… :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by Flooded:

This talk about Runescape makes me want to spam in Falador… :(

Falador Block Party!!

Invite all your friends!

Flag Post

Perhaps he got 1,337,000…

Flag Post

I loved Wilderness, it was the biggest and scariest thing about Runescape.

Flag Post

In all honesty, I doubt we’ll see significant change until a few months down the road. And I will really miss a close knit community if the site opens up and becomes more of a social site like Facebook than what it is now.

I want Kong to stay Kong, not Kong to become another AG/NG/FB

Flag Post

Well I was remembering this post, I guess:

Originally posted by Phoenix00017:

Honestly, the biggest change that we’ll likely see in the near future is the ability to hire more employees, especially programmers. Right now we have a grand total of 5 engineers on the team. Adding a few more will significantly increase our speed of development and our ability to bring cool new features to all of you! So yeah, there will be some changes – specifically, quicker changes in the direction we were already going, since we’ll have more resources. :)

Somehow I think ‘more moderators’ is lower on the to-do list anyhow. But as long as this purchase and the site changes don’t bring about that sudden influx of new users everyone’s afraid of, I guess it’s not much of a problem for the time being.

Flag Post

Maybe now gamestop will try to get some of the developer’s games on consoles.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Frogmanex:

Well I was remembering this post, I guess:

Originally posted by Phoenix00017:

Honestly, the biggest change that we’ll likely see in the near future is the ability to hire more employees, especially programmers. Right now we have a grand total of 5 engineers on the team. Adding a few more will significantly increase our speed of development and our ability to bring cool new features to all of you! So yeah, there will be some changes – specifically, quicker changes in the direction we were already going, since we’ll have more resources. :)

Somehow I think ‘more moderators’ is lower on the to-do list anyhow. But as long as this purchase and the site changes don’t bring about that sudden influx of new users everyone’s afraid of, I guess it’s not much of a problem for the time being.

Then I guess standard procedure’s still intact.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Laxaria:

In all honesty, I doubt we’ll see significant change until a few months down the road. And I will really miss a close knit community if the site opens up and becomes more of a social site like Facebook than what it is now.

Yeah, having a main-stream of active forum users and close-knit chat rooms is why I came to Kongregate and not AG or NG. That and the fact that I can’t navigate the forums on AG and NG is… well bad.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Laxaria:

That seems like it would be a pretty obviously bad move on their part. I’m pretty sure they realize how many angry 13 year olds will find ways to troll them if they mess up Kongregate.