Forums Kongregate

Forum FAQs | Custom Search Engines | Useful Links page 4

137 posts

Flag Post

I personaly already know that how to add links to images but many users dont
So, when do we get a tutorial “How to attach a Hyperlink to an image” BB?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:

I personaly already know that how to add links to images but many users dont
So, when do we get a tutorial “How to attach a Hyperlink to an image” BB?

I’ve been putting it off lately. It will be up by the end of tomorrow, I promise <3

Flag Post

You may want to change the forum moderator description Blackbone. There are a few forum moderators that are not full moderators. UnknownGuardian in the game design forum is a great example.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gevock:

You may want to change the forum moderator description Blackbone. There are a few forum moderators that are not full moderators. UnknownGuardian in the game design forum is a great example.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention, it will be fixed very soon :)

Flag Post

Wow this your new “Hyperlink to image” is much simpler than HTML form i once used. Thanks

Flag Post

Surprisingly I didn’t found anything about full formatting guide. I’m pretty sure that you can find it From EndlessSporadics tutorial thread, but why not to add it here?
These threads should be added:
Profile formatting.
This is mainly because not all people know that what kind of formatting fits for user profiles
Kongregates own format. Can be found from Tutorials but making another portal here would be good idea (maybe)
Formatting in HTML
If you’re writing very long post using HTML is better option as it never breaks.

A list of all multilingual moderators should also be listed. Can be found from Here
Oh, and Kongregates Ultimate Birthday topic isn’t updated anymore

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:

Surprisingly I didn’t found anything about full formatting guide. I’m pretty sure that you can find it From EndlessSporadics tutorial thread, but why not to add it here?
These threads should be added:
Profile formatting.
This is mainly because not all people know that what kind of formatting fits for user profiles
Kongregates own format. Can be found from Tutorials but making another portal here would be good idea (maybe)
Formatting in HTML
If you’re writing very long post using HTML is better option as it never breaks.

A list of all multilingual moderators should also be listed. Can be found from Here

I like that idea. It helped me out a little when you added that HTML formatting post. I had been trying to find that out. Thanks. :)

Flag Post

So I downloaded firebug for firefox 5, but I don’t see the icon in the bottom right. I’ve downloaded it three times and it’s in my addons but I don’t know how to open it. Help?

Flag Post
Originally posted by headacher:

So I downloaded firebug for firefox 5, but I don’t see the icon in the bottom right. I’ve downloaded it three times and it’s in my addons but I don’t know how to open it. Help?

Well, first you should activate it from add-ons. If that didn’t help check the small roach icon at top right corner of your browser below the “X” button. That icon should be the firebug. For some reason my firebug and greasemonkey moved out there

Flag Post

users that post in the forum get points by posting?

Flag Post
Originally posted by lugino:

users that post in the forum get points by posting?

No, people who posts in any forum, won’t get any points. If we’d get 1 point per post, kongregate would very soon get flooded by spam posts. Nobody wants that

Flag Post

how do u get someone to be their friend if u know them somewhere else and u know their username here also? how do u friend them?

Flag Post
Originally posted by trophy435:

how do u get someone to be their friend if u know them somewhere else and u know their username here also? how do u friend them?

If you know their username, search it from the Search Bar in the up-right corner of the screen, click his/her profile and in the profile, add them as a friend.

Flag Post

Merry Christmas all and Happy Holidays!

Flag Post

(o.0) title change

Merry Christmas to whole Kongregate!
Although, who knows what actually lies in this thread during christmas

Flag Post

How I can ask back my money for a bad service of a game? It is blocked from over 2 months and I lost all the benefit that I bought so I want back money or kreds.

What I need to do?

Flag Post

I have a question:
what game making engines are allowed to be uploaded to this website, anyone can answer and i think developers might give best response

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nonopen:

I have a question:
what game making engines are allowed to be uploaded to this website, anyone can answer and i think developers might give best response

There are mostly Adobe Flash games on here but Unity 3D games and some Java games can be uploaded as well.

Flag Post

Flash Tutorials

http://as3gametuts.com/

Flag Post
Originally posted by BlackBone:

How to link to a specific post

There are two ways to link to a specific post. I will only post one of the ways to do so. The other way is very tedious.

1) You need to click the date above the post you are going to be linking to.

2) Once you have clicked the date on the post you will notice that the URL in your search bar has changed.
It will be something like this.

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/106076-forum-faqs-useful-links#posts-2316410

3) The link is the URL for that specific post. Once you have it all you need to do is put it in a hyper-link.

Example: This will link to the default avatars post

Link to this post --- http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/106076#posts-2316413
Originally posted by BlackBone:

How to link to a specific post

There are two ways to link to a specific post. I will only post one of the ways to do so. The other way is very tedious.

1) You need to click the date above the post you are going to be linking to.

2) Once you have clicked the date on the post you will notice that the URL in your search bar has changed.
It will be something like this.

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/106076-forum-faqs-useful-links#posts-2316410

3) The link is the URL for that specific post. Once you have it all you need to do is put it in a hyper-link.

Example: This will link to the default avatars post

Link to this post --- http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/106076#posts-2316413
Well, how do you put it in a hyperlink?

Flag Post

Well, how do you put it in a hyperlink?

" text here ": link here.

Minus the three spaces.

Like this.

Flag Post

But what are the requirements to own a chat room?

Flag Post
Originally posted by aus14:

But what are the requirements to own a chat room?

K+ or be a moderator first.

Flag Post

HOW DO YOU MAKE A FOURM !?!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nyan_cat__:

HOW DO YOU MAKE A FOURM !?!

If you mean thread, click new topic right above the forum box.