Forums Kongregate

How do you become Admin\mod? (locked)

47 posts

Flag Post

I’m wondering because I want to be one. I’ve checked under Help and i’ve sent a shout to greg but i’m not one. :( And it’s not like im bad or anything!
Help plz!

Flag Post

As it turns out, this is a very common question, and is answered in the Kongregate FAQ

http://www.kongregate.com/pages/help#become

I need more information! Who appoints moderators? How are they selected? Why am I not a moderator, even though I’m the greatest person who ever lived? I must know!

The process is not perfect. We wish we could hire a team of psychologists to carefully analyze the chat logs on Kongregate, scouring for the best and brightest to help us keep the site sanitary.

As it turns out, the guy who appoints moderators is also the same person who launches challenges/achievements, writes the newsletter/FAQ, handles sponsorships, pays out contest winners, answers some email, etc. So please do not take offense if you’re a regular, long-time user on the site who’s always mature and courteous, but has never been noticed by the guy who appoints moderators. Also don’t take offense if you happen to be a pretty cool person who’s been deemed a little too rough around the edges to represent Kongregate as a moderator. Just because you’ve been passed over to do our work for free doesn’t mean we don’t still love you.

Realistically, most moderators are appointed after a private nomination by current moderators. Friendliness, maturity, and professionalism can go a long way in getting yourself nominated. Demonstrating a zealousness in promoting yourself to a moderator position will likely disqualify yourself entirely, as it makes us question both your motives and your maturity level.

Emphasis on the last paragraph.

Flag Post

Actually, that didn’t explain admin. It explains moderator status. If you work at Kongregate office, you will become an admin.

Flag Post

Dude
If you want to be a moderator … well just be nice to pepole and dont ask !
fisty

Flag Post

I hate 1 mod

So I cant be a Mod :|

Flag Post

Dude If you want to be a moderator … well just be nice to pepole and dont ask ! fisty

True, Being helpful and being nice are key points in becoming a mod.

i’ve sent a shout to greg but i’m not one.

Greg doesn’t give you the job of being a mod. by just begging, you have to try to get pick, examples; being nice, stopping trouble, being helpful, or just trying to be a mod. =P

Flag Post

begging to be a mod/admin decreases your chances greatly…

Flag Post

sometimes it’s hard to be nice to all those jerks in kongregate

Flag Post

Follow the link http://www.kongregate.com/pages/help#become

Flag Post
Originally posted by templarknightx:

As it turns out, this is a very common question, and is answered in the Kongregate FAQ

http://www.kongregate.com/pages/help#become

I need more information! Who appoints moderators? How are they selected? Why am I not a moderator, even though I’m the greatest person who ever lived? I must know!

The process is not perfect. We wish we could hire a team of psychologists to carefully analyze the chat logs on Kongregate, scouring for the best and brightest to help us keep the site sanitary.

As it turns out, the guy who appoints moderators is also the same person who launches challenges/achievements, writes the newsletter/FAQ, handles sponsorships, pays out contest winners, answers some email, etc. So please do not take offense if you’re a regular, long-time user on the site who’s always mature and courteous, but has never been noticed by the guy who appoints moderators. Also don’t take offense if you happen to be a pretty cool person who’s been deemed a little too rough around the edges to represent Kongregate as a moderator. Just because you’ve been passed over to do our work for free doesn’t mean we don’t still love you.

Realistically, most moderators are appointed after a private nomination by current moderators. Friendliness, maturity, and professionalism can go a long way in getting yourself nominated. Demonstrating a zealousness in promoting yourself to a moderator position will likely disqualify yourself entirely, as it makes us question both your motives and your maturity level.

Emphasis on the last paragraph.

That certain guy doesn’t even make mods anymore.

Flag Post

Turns out you arent alone! i want to be a mood too. the best thing to do is be nice to everyone and ask very politlely. easy 123.

Flag Post

1. worst topic ever
2. put this in the kongregate forums zone

Flag Post

your right jayisgame.

Flag Post
Originally posted by flipBot:

your right jayisgame.

It most certainly is not the worst topic ever. It is a valid question. One that can be answered by following previous posts:

Follow the link http://www.kongregate.com/pages/help#become

Flag Post

be a good boy, or girl

Flag Post

Well, to be an admin.

1. Get a job at Kongregate Offices
2. PROFIT!

Anyway…as for mod, this has already been answered.

I’ll never be a mod because

1. I am not friendly
2. I am not mature.
3. I am not proffesional.
4. I swear too much.
5. I spam a bit.

But anyway, I suggest deleting this topic and doing the stuff you’re supposed to do (in the last paragraph) if you want to be a mod. REMEMBER, if you want to be a mod for the banhammer alone, and not to serve Kong, think. Think long and hard.

Flag Post

It’s a Kind of Magic! Woo-ooo

Flag Post

As far as I can tell the admin question still hasn’t been answered, so here goes:

“Admin” isn’t a position you can get just by using the site. In order to become an admin, you’d need to be hired: Being an admin is a serious job, with a paycheck associated, and all that jazz. As it happens, Kongregate is still hiring for a position, and you can see the kind of thing that might be asked of prospective staff members here.

Does that help at all?

Flag Post

i think i should be a mod because i will be responsible i will not silence people for the heck of it i will silence people if they sware alot.i will respect others i will not make them mad just to silence them.please have me become a mod.

Flag Post

well i don’t think i will be a mod when i see him i just can’t help my self so i send him threatening messages does anyone know his email i want to send more and more!! hehehehe

Flag Post
Originally posted by bonez665:

i think i should be a mod because i will be responsible i will not silence people for the heck of it i will silence people if they sware alot.i will respect others i will not make them mad just to silence them.please have me become a mod.

Asking is a sure fire way of ruining your chances. Why don’t you read the links provided first? They tell you everything you need to know including the part about asking to become one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bonez665:

lol… it also helps if u can spell :P

once again with the begging…

Flag Post

guys, bring nice doesn’t cut it. I would suggest marrying greg’s cousin, that would help. Buy seriously, mods are inhumanly nice, and the good ones (I.e. Arcanecoder) are basically always right. About EVERYTHING.

Flag Post

lock this thread

KONGREGATE

Flag Post

You close your eyes, and press ctrl+W 13 times. You MUST have your eyes closed, and it MUST be 13 times or it won’t work!