Forums Kongregate

Hmm Yea or Nea new featured games?

159 posts

Flag Post

It’s different. Tell us what you think!

So Apparently the featured games is in a testing phase. There is the control group, they get the old layout. There is then the second group, they see this. Then there is the third group, they see this.

Flag Post

I kinda like it. Really different.

Flag Post

I like it, yeah. It’s much better, nicer and it looks really nice.

Flag Post

Yeah, I’m a fan of it save for one thing. I can’t scroll through the recently badged? I’d like to see more than just the last two badged up there.

Flag Post

I oddly prefer the old one.

Meh I’ll try to get used to it.

Flag Post

I didn’t notice anything different.

Flag Post

Home page, Dead. The featured games there.

Flag Post

It’s actually not new for everyone – we’re doing a randomized test. So 1/3 of you will see the old layout, and the others will see one of two new layouts. We’ll test it short term and see how it goes. :)

Flag Post

I prefer the new one actually. I like it more because you can see all the things being spotlighted at once, without needing to manually click to all of them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Phoenix00017:

It’s actually not new for everyone – I’m writing up a post to explain it right now. :)

Dawwww I am never one of the lucky ones.

Flag Post

it looks nice :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Phoenix00017:

It’s actually not new for everyone – we’re doing a randomized test. So 1/3 of you will see the old layout, and the others will see one of two new layouts. We’ll test it short term and see how it goes. :)

Well, you got my mostly +1 on it.

Flag Post

^ Look’s nice

Flag Post

Um, what determines the games linked underneath the two at the top?

Flag Post

yay it shows pr2 :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Um, what determines the games linked underneath the two at the top?

Hey, I’m just happy it’s not showing 2 Protector games, or 2 Epic Fail games, etc. It’s nice and diverse.

Flag Post

New design #1: http://imgur.com/PlBtb.png
New design #2: http://i55.tinypic.com/2urvv5z.jpg
Design 3 is the original home page we know and love.

Flag Post

I’m going to have to say thumbs down.
The “featured” games are all games i’ve basically beaten and got the badges from. The old layout suggested new stuff to me, which had much more of a benefit.

So… keep the layout, but change the games you’re featuring – or add more spaces at the top for recently badged.

Flag Post

Here’s mine. I much prefer it over the others. The text wall makes Kong look pretty ‘genericized’ portal, in my opinion. I never liked the automatic scrolling, but I did like the larger image.

Flag Post

I’m leaning more toward design #1, then.

I know too often new members love to have a list of “good” games. That one sure as shit delivers a good list to them. Straight right to the face, too.

Flag Post

so… which design is the best? I like #1 myself :D

Flag Post

Its less appealing then the original. There is less information available for the curent featured game. No eye candy, I don’t like it. Maybe the other style is more attractive.

Flag Post

I really prefer the original layout honestly. I have, as Xilonian has them labled, New design #1 and I despise it. It just looks…. bland and clunky. New design #2 looks interesting, though I still prefer the original design over both of them.

Flag Post

I got the same one as Mr Carney over there and I quite like it.

Flag Post

idk, they’re all good

EDIT: I actually kind of like #2 now D: