Forums Kongregate

Game Dimensions

6 posts

Flag Post

I was wondering if someone from Kongregate could help me out. I need Torque’s dimensions converted to 550 × 550. If this is a problem let me know, and thanks for your help!

Flag Post

Change it in Flash!

Flag Post

Aye, Crushproof’s suggestion is likely the best one. I personally don’t know of a way for us to change it manually although I’m sure it’s possible at least on a database level. But we don’t like to fuss with the database for individual requests because it’s not exactly the easiest thing to do, so the best way to change the dimensions would just be to change it in Flash.

Flag Post

This should be fairly easy. In fact, you used to give the option. And it’s already automatically doing it for sizes over 700 pixels. And there are some very complex calculations going on in Torque that are dependent on the 650×650 that it currently is (and this would be unaffected by a resize through html or embedded in another flash). I would have to change the dimensions of every object in the game to get it to work at a lower resolution on my end. I will admit this is my problem, I was just wondering if someone would be generously sympathetic and help me out.

Thanks

Flag Post

Could you create a second file that loads the main game swf into a MovieClip and resize it as desired, then upload the actual game as an additional file?

I’m not sure if that would work, considering I’ve never actually done anything like that, or what the implications would be on the statistics/high scores API.

Flag Post

facelesscoward,

I’ve actually tried this and have been unsuccessful. But it is very possible that I’m doing something incorrectly. I’m open to any suggestions (and this can move to the programming forum if need be).

Thanks again.