Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: CR 2010.10.25

61 posts

Flag Post

We’ve released new updates to improve the experience of some of our users.

The experience for our mobile users and IE 9 users should be a lot smoother now. Web OS users will now go to our mobile site and we have made searching by category on our mobile site a lot easier. For our IE 9 users we have made bug fixes that should improve your interaction with our site.

Beyond that, we have also included some bug and security fixes. Check out all the details in the changelog below or here.

Unfortunately, some of our users are experiencing issues with chat. Our developers are hard at work looking for a solution. While we’re waiting for a fix, there is a nice temporary workaround posted here.

Update: Chat should now be working and these scripts are no longer necessary. Thanks to Ventero et al for getting those working for us in the meantime! – Phoenix00017

As always, please feel free to add comments, questions, and suggestions to this thread.

Flag Post

CR 2010.10.25

Developers:
- Added a bug fix so when searching for banned users we no longer throw a 500 error.

Users:
- Web OS users are now able to user our mobile site!
- Removed ads during sign up from our mobile site.
- Various bug and security fixes.
- Fixed bugs with badges, chat, sign in and sign up for users using IE9.
- To reduce the strain on our database, we have removed voices from our forum threads.
- Mobile game categories are now listed in alphabetical order for faster searches.
- We have fixed some broken starter card images that appear on your profile.

Flag Post

New update log person. :^)
Anyway, I’m sure it will be all smoothed out soon, although I can’t even load games right now.

Flag Post

I think this is a great opportunity to introduce Joe Li, our new lead Quality Assurance engineer. He is going to be taking over the QA duties that I previously had, allowing me to focus on developer support. So, among other things, he will be writing up the changelogs from now on. We’re very excited to welcome him to the Kongregate family!

Flag Post

Would this happen to be the person who was hired to be the assistant of phoenix, the regular changelog uploader?

- To reduce the strain on our database, we have removed voices from our forum threads.

I must ask, is this temporary until the new servers are up, or permanent?

EDIT: And while I’m typing that up and posting, phoenix happens to ninja me. Ah well.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

Would this happen to be the person who was hired to be the assistant of phoenix, the regular changelog uploader?

Seems pretty likely.

Oops, sorry about jumping in Phoenix.

Flag Post

Chat iz fixed!

Flag Post

Hey joe! Welcome. :)
needs moar smilez!1
i c ur no average joe right LOL

Flag Post

Indeed, this is the our new employee, though he’s not my assistant – he’s fully taking over those responsibilities from me. :)

123aaa789 – I’m not sure, though I think it’s probably a permanent change.

Flag Post

EddieOwen: http://m.kongregate.com

Flag Post
Originally posted by EddieOwen:

Hey Joe :D

Thanks for telling us. I’ve never seen mobile Kong before, has anyone got any pictures?

Here’s the link: http://m.kongregate.com/

Flag Post

This guy seems more serious and official… I liked Phoenix’s cheesiness and smiles. :C

Flag Post

I never really thought the “voices” feature was that useful. I mean, it could potentially help you if you were looking back through a thread for the page on which a specific set of people posted, but so could your browser’s find on page function.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Babadingldoo:

This guy seems more serious and official… I liked Phoenix’s cheesiness and smiles. :C

He’s new though, so it probably takes a little while to get relaxed. Plus there having all kinds of problems right now, so its probably a kind of stressful time, especially if you’re new and just getting used to how things work.

Flag Post

Yep, F3 (courtesy of Marh) or Control+F does the job for you. :)

Flag Post

just gonna wait until someone creates a greasemonkey script that returns the voices.

Flag Post

B-but… what’s Phoenix going to do now? D=

Is he going to wonder around the street in search for food?!

Never mind, I’m exaggerating.

Flag Post

Well, welcome to Kong Joe! I hope you have a good experience here.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

B-but… what’s Phoenix going to do now? D=

Is he going to wonder around the street in search for food?!

Never mind, I’m exaggerating.

Phoenix has other jobs to do (developer support), Quality Assurance was just another thing, who they now have a separate person for.

Flag Post

Hi Joe!

Flag Post

why is searching for banned users under the developer updates?

Flag Post
Originally posted by fdsasdf:

Because.

Flag Post

My guess is that someone’s going to make a greasemonkey script to return the voices.

Flag Post
Originally posted by fdsasdf:

I hadn’t noticed it when I read the changelog either, but I guess that could use a little more explanation. This is referring to our game API where a developer can grab public info like a user’s friends list through a web request. Occasionally, they would look up information about someone on someone’s friends list who was actually banned, and this would mess up the system.

Flag Post

oh