Forums Kongregate

[Moderation] How to Become a Moderator 101 page 2

599 posts

Flag Post

Hey, I’m just bumping this up incase anyone wants to read it for tips ;)

Its a good guide Cmurda!

Flag Post

You mean in case anyone wants to continue the discussion from the other thread, or what?

Flag Post

yes the do not keep askin part is quite important ive asked a mod for the first time they asked me 3 questions how long have u bin banned, how well are you known amongst the mods and how many times have you asked 2 be a mod

Flag Post

iv doen all thoes thing, there are like 100 more girl mods then boy mods, like wft

Flag Post

I think the most important part is that most people are made mods because they’re useful members, not because they want to be mods. I think if you want to be a mod, you’re either clinically insane, or you’re power hungry.

Flag Post

thats od i dont remember saying that( my origional one was deleted i didnt check it for about a month) (JINK RIGHT) Oh sorry thanks for the tips (POWER HUNGRY SMILE) hahahha
very odd BUT to the point i dont really care about being a mod. if i do become one WOOPEE yeay lets all rejoyce and i will do my job. but to me its a load of extra work on the commputer ACCUTALL WORK (not that i dont spend enough time on the commputer anyway but you know.

Whoever agrees with me say I please

Flag Post

In lieu of all of this, you could just picket outside of Greg’s house until he makes you one. That’s how I heard Ducklette got her room. ;3

Flag Post

I think if you want to be a mod, you’re either clinically insane, or you’re power hungry.

Sorry, but I’d have to disagree. Some people want to become mods because they want to give back to the Kongregate community, and help keep it sanitary. That doesn’t make them power hungry or clinically insane, though, does it?

Flag Post

No, of course not. I’ve wanted to be a mod ever since I met Pereking in the Van, but I don’t go parading around telling people to refer me as a candidate. I just want to help the community. If you want to be a mod for the RIGHT reasons, then you should definitely keep helping people and eventually it might happen. If you want to be a mod for the WRONG reasons, then you really should rethink your attitude for this site.

Flag Post

I just want to help the community.

Exactly.

but I don’t go parading around telling people to refer me as a candidate

Yup. You don’t go telling people to refer you if you want to be a mod, and besides, if a non-mod recommends you, it will most likely not be noticed. I have known quite a few people to beg others to shout on Greg’s profile and recommend them as a moderator, though.

Flag Post

>iv doen all thoes thing, there are like 100 more girl mods then boy mods, like wft

Lies.

Flag Post

What he of course means is that the next ~100 moderators will be girls. Then boys after those 100.

Should be read as: …there are like 100 more girl mods to be hired, then boy mods…

Flag Post

ok first thing that we (mods) would recommend is,those that wanted to help the community,which means we’ll look for person that solves troll problems peacefully..we won’t even look at people who wants to solve by banning/asking a mod to come ban trolls..

Flag Post

What I (being just a person of sound mind) recommend is not talking about it all the time and bringing it up whenever a mod comes into a room.

Flag Post

Er.. what is the Difference between a Girl Mod and a Boy Mod? Pink M vs Blue M?
Kongregate looks for People. They do not distinguish between boys and girls. The only reason it seems like there are more girl mods is because the number of girls who were involved in kongregate earlier was much less than it is now.
Boys still out number girls. But girls are catching up.

Flag Post

Maybe because Girls are a lot more understanding in the sense that they would opt to try to talk things out before doing any actions.

Flag Post

>Lies.

you lie

Flag Post

Anyone who wants to be a mod, shouldn’t be a mod. 99% of the time they have ulterior motives. The other 1% of the time, they don’t realize being a mod is a crap charity job.

Flag Post

you forget teh people who actually want to do something but aren’t allowed to ban people unless in extreme circumstances.

Flag Post

Lilith isn’t even a mod and MOST of our young male users listen to her better than they do me at times. I think its the hormones or just natures way of balancing things. But ALOT of our best mods are female IE KOKO Valkeryie and Alison Claire just to name a few of the old school female mods. And if you notice where these mods are the rooms are much calmer and community like atmosphere exists.

Flag Post

Female mod whispers of enchantment :o

Flag Post

I’m so feminine I might as well be a female. :(

Flag Post

Aww I am old school.

Flag Post

OLD SKOOL Wins!

I think that the rooms run by guys are also cool. It is just different. Consider the scenario.. Men get together and have different activities such as drinking beer and watching sports (orly?) and are garrulous about it. Women get together (most in my age anyway) for different type of activities. We mostly talk or do stuff that does not require us to shout encouragement through the TV. :P

None is less awesome than the other. Just different. So is it with rooms.
Well.. in my perception anyway.

Flag Post

y4y.