Forums Kongregate

[Moderation] How to Become a Moderator 101 page 21

599 posts

Flag Post

I feel like i would be a bad mod…
i would never ban anyone xD
and also i’m wondering, do you get offered modship and have the option to decline, or do you just log in and you see a big shiny M =P

Flag Post
Originally posted by bjjdude:

I feel like i would be a bad mod…
i would never ban anyone xD
and also i’m wondering, do you get offered modship and have the option to decline, or do you just log in and you see a big shiny M =P

Usually Administration will send you a whisper through your profile saying you’ve been chosen to receive a modship and you can accept or decline at that point.

Flag Post

I’ve been curious about this, ever since the whole ‘8 millionth user’ thing came up. Obviously there’s not 8 million active users on the site, but growth is clearly accelerating. I know the appointment-rate for moderators is not made public, nor is a list of newest mods (modfriend might track it, but that’s a little inaccurate) posted. Just thinking out loud if the rate of new mods is keeping up with the rate of new users.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

I’ve been curious about this, ever since the whole ‘8 millionth user’ thing came up. Obviously there’s not 8 million active users on the site, but growth is clearly accelerating. I know the appointment-rate for moderators is not made public, nor is a list of newest mods (modfriend might track it, but that’s a little inaccurate) posted. Just thinking out loud if the rate of new mods is keeping up with the rate of new users.

I got asked to be a mod right around the time there were 60,000 users on at one time. They usually make new ones every few months or so.

Flag Post

That doesn’t seem consistent. I was expecting something along the lines of 2ish a week.

Flag Post

Nah would be too much work to train them all in those short periods. So they do about sevenish at a time.

Flag Post

I concur with uuu2. It looks like roughly every three months another four to ten moderators are appointed.

Flag Post

Thank you for this, I found it very helpful. :P

Flag Post

Just do what you would usually do when your in front of a mod, alot of mods get annoyed when 8 ppl pm them at a time… And dont just randomly send in reports, it just wastes their time

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
  • I want to be a moderator and teach alll the jerks a lesson or 2 :- ) X- D

Flag Post
Originally posted by savannahlegg:

• I want to be a moderator and teach alll the jerks a lesson or 2 :- ) X- D*

Flag Post

cool

Flag Post

i want to be a mod it would be cool

Flag Post

does any other sites have mods cause im not getting reconized and lots of people tell me i should be a mod

Flag Post
Originally posted by Valcaren:

does any other sites have mods cause im not getting reconized and lots of people tell me i should be a mod

Most sites with a community aspect, such as forums or chat, have mods. Although different sites have different modding methods.

Although is you want to get recognized try chatting more or chatting in different chat rooms.

Flag Post

I’m afraid I don’t know you as well as I ought to. Who are these people telling you that you should be a mod, might one inquire?

Flag Post

There are lots of sites that are social, which have mod-like users, that have special privileges to punish badly behaving people.

And yes, you can get recognized by taking part on Kong community such as the chat or forums.

And usually, it takes time to make mods/admins to make you a mod, since you (usually) have to have Kong knowledge and help with questions.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jontrell098:

i want to be a mod it would be cool

lrn2readOP

If you’d read it, you’d see this bolded: Don’t ask to be a moderator, if you do, your chances to become one goes to slim to none.

Flag Post

i have wished to become a moderator for a while now i wish to improve the quality of gaming for all users what can i do to become a moderator and once i am one what guidelines should i follow?

Flag Post
Originally posted by kenpachifanboy:

i have wished to become a moderator for a while now i wish to improve the quality of gaming for all users what can i do to become a moderator and once i am one what guidelines should i follow?

If you want to become a moderator, the best thing to do is to not worry about becoming a moderator. Regular users can still encourage good chat behaviour, report users for inappropriate behaviour, and call in moderators when necessary. If you just be yourself you have a better chance than if you try to act differently, since usually it can be found out if you’re acting differently just for the sake of becoming one. This part of the help section has some more information that you might find informative (for lack of a better word).

Flag Post

I want to be one of the moderator as i want to help peoples from hackers.I want them to respect each other and not to tell abusive words in the game.This decrease the reputation of TDP4 TEAM BATTLE.

Flag Post
Originally posted by coolmec:

I want to be one of the moderator as i want to help peoples from hackers.I want them to respect each other and not to tell abusive words in the game.This decrease the reputation of TDP4 TEAM BATTLE.

Did you read anything in this thread, or did you just immediately click “Reply to topic”?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by coolmec:

are you fucking kiding me kid? banning people for saying stuff like fuck shit or piss?
Well not here, we can say fuck shit piss dick poppycock.
anything

yes because giving spammers mod would be a great idea