Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 558

16554 posts

Flag Post

I don’t reply often to forums but I have a suggestion I’d greatly appreciate! This is the following, add a notification (such as a number of missed messages) of the number of private chats you’ve missed in the “Chat” tab even if you’re not in that tab at the time. Thanks Greg!

 
Flag Post

A nice feature to implement would be to allow users to purchase Kreds using the revenue they generated from their games! Maybe at a rate so ye would lose less profit then if ye actually had to send the money to the Dev’s.

Also the same idea as the Kreds but instead, option to upgrade to Kong+.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Guy3000:

I don’t reply often to forums but I have a suggestion I’d greatly appreciate! This is the following, add a notification (such as a number of missed messages) of the number of private chats you’ve missed in the “Chat” tab even if you’re not in that tab at the time. Thanks Greg!

First of all, greg does not own the site, he is one of many admins, and he was the 3rd user on the website. 2nd, the Better Kongregate add-on for Firefox does this, would be cool to have vanilla, though.

 
Flag Post

This idea was probably already posted here, but I’m only making images :3

Like post button!
Image:

 
Flag Post

Maybe it’s just me, but wouldn’t the space Kong is using to remind us that they share their ad revenue with dev’s would be better out to use, oh, running ads? the people who run ad blockers aren’t going to stop, but the ad blockers don’t block banner ads. Use what you’ve got, and stop complaining about people who don’t want pop-ups.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Vyrm27:

Maybe it’s just me, but wouldn’t the space Kong is using to remind us that they share their ad revenue with dev’s would be better out to use, oh, running ads? the people who run ad blockers aren’t going to stop, but the ad blockers don’t block banner ads. Use what you’ve got, and stop complaining about people who don’t want pop-ups.

Not sure I follow. You seem to be saying that the site doesn’t run ads and has replaced them with the kong bot banner? The site does run ads, the Kongbot images are only supposed to show up when you’re running an ad-blocker, to fill the space. If you’re seeing them and aren’t running an ad-blocker, well that’s a glitch, so yes, that makes sense to complain about.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Blackdrazon:
Originally posted by Vyrm27:

Maybe it’s just me, but wouldn’t the space Kong is using to remind us that they share their ad revenue with dev’s would be better out to use, oh, running ads? the people who run ad blockers aren’t going to stop, but the ad blockers don’t block banner ads. Use what you’ve got, and stop complaining about people who don’t want pop-ups.

Not sure I follow. You seem to be saying that the site doesn’t run ads and has replaced them with the kong bot banner? The site does run ads, the Kongbot images are only supposed to show up when you’re running an ad-blocker, to fill the space. If you’re seeing them and aren’t running an ad-blocker, well that’s a glitch, so yes, that makes sense to complain about.

i get the Kong-bot adblocker message A LOT and i dont use ad blockers. SO…iComplain.

 
Flag Post

193. Kongregate needs to raise their level cap to 256
194. Kongregate needs a kong button that acts as a like button.

 
Flag Post

Better, They’ll need to make 244 more sprites for number 193… I’d say to raise it to 256.

 
Flag Post

i think we should have tags for the games which are “funny”

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Rocker12:

i think we should have tags for the games which are “funny”

Funny is the least concrete way to describe something. It’s just not plausible.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by calvindang:

Better, They’ll need to make 244 more sprites for number 193… I’d say to raise it to 256.

Done.

 
Flag Post

We should be allowed to right-click, or scroll-wheel-click, or CTRL+Click, on the “Hot New Games” or “Recommended Games” on the front page. It’s pretty inconvenient to have to be like “hey, look at these two new games, I’ll just open them in separate tabs…oh wait, it won’t let me.”

In case it’s a bug and not just a lousy feature, I also posted a thread about it in the Tech Support forum here: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/7-technical-support/topics/253778-new-tabs-bug

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by chadachada123:

We should be allowed to right-click, or scroll-wheel-click, or CTRL+Click, on the “Hot New Games” or “Recommended Games” on the front page. It’s pretty inconvenient to have to be like “hey, look at these two new games, I’ll just open them in separate tabs…oh wait, it won’t let me.”

In case it’s a bug and not just a lousy feature, I also posted a thread about it in the Tech Support forum here: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/7-technical-support/topics/253778-new-tabs-bug

It works for me.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Vyrm27:

Maybe it’s just me, but wouldn’t the space Kong is using to remind us that they share their ad revenue with dev’s would be better out to use, oh, running ads? the people who run ad blockers aren’t going to stop, but the ad blockers don’t block banner ads. Use what you’ve got, and stop complaining about people who don’t want pop-ups.

Concerning the whole entire ad-blocker dilemma; Would it not make more sense for Kong to offer an alternative method of getting Kreds through watching advertisements, through which the people who run the ad blockers would have to deactivate them in order to even officially claim said Kreds? Even then, they could offer them at a low rate.

 
Flag Post

There should be a way for us to chat in a private room, whilst remaining afk in main room chat.

 
Flag Post

1) Kongregate needs background skin and more monthly events and contests.
2) Some quest items (particularly medals) can give you score multipliers.
3) New games submitted should be seen and examined by people. Which means If the game gets a low rating it won’t be released to the site. Prevents crappy games from spamming in to kongregate.
4) Having lots of points give privileges, like once you reach Level 50 you’ll get a free medal. More like rewards.
5) Every time you vote on game and other works of people, you’ll have increased vote power until eventually your vote will affect the rating greatly.
6) After being an active member in kongregate for a certain number of years, you will be given the “Kong-plus”.
7) A game notification; When a game is released you will be told by kongbot or the game developer himself. But you have to allow notifications.
8)

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by wargamer1000:

1) Kongregate needs background skin and more monthly events and contests.
2) Some quest items (particularly medals) can give you score multipliers.
3) New games submitted should be seen and examined by people. Which means If the game gets a low rating it won’t be released to the site. Prevents crappy games from spamming in to kongregate.
4) Having lots of points give privileges, like once you reach Level 50 you’ll get a free medal. More like rewards.
5) Every time you vote on game and other works of people, you’ll have increased vote power until eventually your vote will affect the rating greatly.
6) After being an active member in kongregate for a certain number of years, you will be given the “Kong-plus”.
7) A game notification; When a game is released you will be told by kongbot or the game developer himself. But you have to allow notifications.
8)

MY RESPONSE:
1) Yes, more contests would be better and skins would be good,but kong plus only.
2) hmm..Doesn’t seem “worthy” enough. i dont know.
3)Yeah, i agree, unless the game was made by a big-name game maker like nerdook or Jiggmin.
4)Yeah, points and your level should actually mean something.
5) I am not sure about this. I say just leave the game rating like it is.
6)Yes, good idea. This would keep veteran players coming back for more Kong.
7)please explain. You can see new released games in the new games section. I say, what about being able to have an option to “watch a developer” so you can see when they make new games.

Good ideas, thanks for posting!

 
Flag Post

A Random Game button somewhere on the side. ’Nuff said.

 
Flag Post

i like idea

 
Flag Post

can anybody ad bloons tower defense 5

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by joostfutbol1:

can anybody ad bloons tower defense 5

Only the developer (Ninjakiwi) can upload rightfully, it will probably happen but they need to implement kred payments so it will take a bit.

 
Flag Post

thanks

 
Flag Post

It would be nice if there was a window on profile. There you could organize your badges to show everyone your coolest badges ever. “TOP 40 badges” for example.

 
Flag Post

I think that there should be more quests. Just my opinion.