Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 560

16546 posts

Flag Post

A site-wide Dim-mode or Dark-skin. This has been suggested earlier, also by myself, but I’d like to re-suggest it.

Re: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/98062-request-dim-mode-for-late-night-gaming

So it’s a repost? No!

I have an improvement. If it’s big to implement and you need something for it you can put it in Kong Plus, maybe label the thing pro-mode-skin. It’s what they do with some professional software to make it look more pro (came from visual apps like Maya, AfterEffects etc, now moving into others, sometimes even explicitly labelled as being more pro looking.. lets use that :)

Still it’d be better if it was free (most things are) but since it’s such a great idea (yes!) you’ll PM me bags of Kong Plus creds later no? :p

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bartbarian:

A site-wide Dim-mode or Dark-skin. This has been suggested earlier, also by myself, but I’d like to re-suggest it.

You can just use an add-on such as this one that I found with a simple search. Sure, on-site would make it easier, but if you really want the feature, you can just use the add-on.

Flag Post

I’m going to quote a post from another forum for this.

Originally posted by Raelito:
Originally posted by IndomiPhoenix:
Originally posted by PALMISANOLDR:

We should have an option in our profile to change the colors of Kongregate, like the whole red could be changed to green, and so on.

That is like if a nation just changed it flag every so often, it needs an official one.

Only the person who changed the color could see it, not others.

You mean like when websites allow you to “turn off the lights” and make everything black?

Kind of like that, except with any color.

Flag Post

And I’ll quote a post I made in this very thread just a couple of pages ago:

Originally posted by racefan12:

I don’t know a whole lot about such a feature, and a cursory Google search didn’t shed much light on it either. (no pun intended)

However, I do have a Javascript that will turn the background on any game page black. I’m not really sure if that’s what you want (as it won’t cover up ads), but here it is:

javascript:$('play').className="blackbg";%20void(0)

Flag Post

I would like to be able to change my username if I have Kong+. We pay you money for things so why not a name change too? I could really use one.

Flag Post

i think there schould be a friend chat room too also if we invite omebody we schould recive 5 kreds

Flag Post
Originally posted by wartex45:

i think there schould be a friend chat room too also if we invite omebody we schould recive 5 kreds

Kong+ allows you to create your own private chatrooms and invite others to chat with you. Although, I don’t see why kongregate would give away free kreds, in other words currency, for inviting other members since it’s an incredibly easy way to gain kreds.

Flag Post

I would love to see a translated interface to my native language :)

Flag Post

For private rooms, it’d be very nice if it was possible to create a memberlist. That way people can join automatically or can choose to join the room themselves, instead of manually having to send out invites every single time. It’s incredibly tedious, frustrating and annoying.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PsychoticGnome:

For private rooms, it’d be very nice if it was possible to create a memberlist. That way people can join automatically or can choose to join the room themselves, instead of manually having to send out invites every single time. It’s incredibly tedious, frustrating and annoying.

That would be good.
Members of the room could then type /join (room owner username) to join the room.

Flag Post

I’m just shooting this out there… But maybe Kongregate can add a Konami Code effect?? Not like a big one but like it can invert the look on the page your on. If you don’t know what this code is, it is up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,B,A, then hit enter. It would be fun if Kongregate could have something fun to do besides games.

Flag Post

it’d be nice if either, or badges(such as the medium for Do You Know Flash Games) had a OR separating the two tasks

Flag Post
Originally posted by fdsasdf:

it’d be nice if either, or badges(such as the medium for Do You Know Flash Games) had a OR separating the two tasks

It does in the Achievements tab (the description is: “Earn $1,000,000 during a single classic game OR correctly answer 100 different questions”).

Flag Post

I think that there should be a button i do not want this change option when you recieve a email saying ur email has changed. I hope you consider this thatnk you,

Ryan

Flag Post

I just had an interesting new idea. What about a little sidebar on the Recommendations page giving stats on your Favorited games by Category? Just show what categories you have the most Favorites in. As seen from the Home Page’s Recommended Page section, each game gets tags like Strategy, Defense, RPG, etc. I think it would be awesome to see a sidebar showing a ranking of what your favorites are by Tags with numerical values. For example, you have 14 games with Strategy tag, 10 with Fantasy tag, etc. And just list them. It shouldn’t be hard to put in but could prove really useful on the Recommendations or Favorites page as a small sidebar someplace.

Flag Post

Thank you. No let’s tell the idea to administrators so it would be real in the future…

Originally posted by tpain64:
Originally posted by oppositio1:

It would be nice if there was a window on profile. There you could organize your badges to show everyone your coolest badges ever. “TOP 40 badges” for example.

I agree. This is an awesome idea.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tpain64:
Originally posted by oppositio1:

It would be nice if there was a window on profile. There you could organize your badges to show everyone your coolest badges ever. “TOP 40 badges” for example.

I agree. This is an awesome idea.

This! I thought of this once, but at that time I didn’t know that there was a ‘suggestions’ thread for Kongregate.

Flag Post

I think they should show the five or ten last comments of a shout instead of having to open up the whole shout. For example, say someone has a shout with hundreds of comments. They should add a button that allows us to see only some of the last comments on said shout. It gets annoying having to open the whole thing.

Flag Post

I think Kongregate should have a cloud so you can get your game saves on any computer.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CDC117:

I think Kongregate should have a cloud so you can get your game saves on any computer.

Bandwidth and servers are expensive.

Flag Post

Originally posted by CDC117:

If they did that it would most likely only be for kong+ users.

Flag Post

i have an idea, a forum tutorial! i’ve seen so many out of place suggestion threads, or people who don’t know what a necro is, or people who don’t know what the edit post button does, so they should make one. and for people who haven’t posted a post yet, they should be taken there, and is there for people with less forum experience, like if you forget a rule, you can go check.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nimbus125:

i have an idea, a forum tutorial! i’ve seen so many out of place suggestion threads, or people who don’t know what a necro is, or people who don’t know what the edit post button does, so they should make one. and for people who haven’t posted a post yet, they should be taken there, and is there for people with less forum experience, like if you forget a rule, you can go check.

There is a sticky thread in this forum full of tutorials. The problem is that no one ever reads the tutorials, and there’s not really anything more that we can do to get people to read them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:
Originally posted by nimbus125:

There is a sticky thread in this forum full of tutorials. The problem is that no one ever reads the tutorials, and there’s not really anything more that we can do to get people to read them.

thats why i said for the newbs to go to it when they go to make a post ;)

Flag Post

Also, if possible… can maintenance not kill private rooms? Thanks.