Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 563 (locked)

16547 posts

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

It would be great to have a “recently played” option to be able to find games… I tend to forget the names of games that I am currently playing!

Flag Post
Originally posted by PeskyCritter:

It would be great to have a “recently played” option to be able to find games… I tend to forget the names of games that I am currently playing!

There is a recently played games section already, it’s located on the homepage, and there’s also this link to it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LT_AMBR0SE:

Change following back to adding people as friends? Following is fine on media sites like Tumblr and even deviantArt, but on a flash gaming site it honestly just sounds like the creepiest possible term. Even if it was following developers it would be alright, but following another flash gamer just seems odd, especially since there’s nothing like updates from them. Friends was a much more accurate term.

Seriously, please change the following/followers back to friends/fans. Having friends on a website with gamers is more appropriate than following somebody.

Flag Post

Please get rid of this new “newsfeed” thing. I don’t like being stalked. Also, bring back the grid of recently earned badges. I can’t believe the feed takes up most of the profile. And why does it no longer show my art? This is absolutely revolting.

Flag Post

For developers, it would be nice to have an option to be auto-notified of new comments on our games. There are some of us who daily check our submissions to see if there have been new comments, and I think there are other developers who would start answering comments if they were notified that comments had been posted. If desired, it could be added as an option to the activity feed (see my post on that thread for more ideas on that).

Thanks for your consideration.

Flag Post

Start getting rid of flash for the chat part.

Flag Post

can kongregate team up with the twitter?

Flag Post

I have a suggestion a simple one, rewards throught level scale. I’ve reached level 30 half the way to the max and nothing special I felt really disapointed but hey the site is awsome keep the good work. A daily satisfied gamer.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bamboofish:

I have a suggestion a simple one, rewards throught level scale. I’ve reached level 30 half the way to the max and nothing special I felt really disapointed but hey the site is awsome keep the good work. A daily satisfied gamer.

OK, let’s encourage hacking! Woohoo!

Flag Post

Basically what Chim said. Rewards for level is a long-standing discussion brought up many times in this thread and others. What it boils down to is that if any reward were given, it’d have to be aesthetic and nothing of monetary value. Hacking. Incentive. Pros. Cons. Et cetera.

There still are certain hosted, funneled betas that X level and higher can participate in that happen every so often. It’s not constant or consistent, but they do happen from time to time. Mostly it’s an MMO beta that wants help testing their server capacity, it seems. Still, there’s at least some minor reward for you level. It may not be something you’re into, but you know what they say… beggars can’t be choosers.

I’ve reached level 30 half the way to the max and nothing special

Oh, and level 30 is totally not halfway to the max. Level 65 takes ~38.5k points to get, give or take, if I’m not mistaken. Level 30 only takes about 5.5k. See the difference?

Flag Post

WELL :D

Free kreds (like 1-5) for referring people.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vinyl55577:

WELL :D

Free kreds (like 1-5) for referring people.

No good since I can refer myself.

Flag Post

Get rid of the most recent update.

Flag Post

I just have 1 ONLY suggestion (or an order its almost the same 4 me) design a SPECIAL AND UNIQUE CHARACTER FOR KONG! Explanation? here I go (I will do my best :P)
Im tired of seeing games like Sonny or Newground Rumble where appear epic characters that most of us will remember, Like Sonny or Pico (from NG) or even Jack (Last Stand 1 and 2 and 3º appearance on Union City) why we dont have any kind of special character? someone that Identify us? This went trought my minds some days ago and I started searching but no game from kong makes me say “cool……nice character” so thats it…….Sorry if is it to long. (please answer properly)
PS: Why Greg doesnt ask about help for the char.? why he doesnt ask help at GameSpot? why Im asking this questions if I know that I will probably get banned for this?

Flag Post
Originally posted by puynsi:

We do have one, it’s an ant! :D

PS: Why Greg doesnt ask about help for the char.? why he doesnt ask help at GameSpot? why Im asking this questions if I know that I will probably get banned for this?

Greg doesn’t really control things like that on the site, he mainly just makes badges, it’s also kong was acquired by GameStop not GameSpot and they wouldn’t really have much to do with that decision, and lastly you would not get banned for just making a suggestion. :P

Flag Post

This is an idea based off of some of those ‘crowd funding’ sites that have sprung up recently. Basically, it’s aimed at very creative gamers with limited programming knowledge. Basically, this is how it would work.

Gamers would post their ideas for original games on a new forum. The good (very detailed/original) ideas would be weeded off and put on some list for developers to view. A developer could then select and idea and say, "yes, I suppose I could develop this game, but I would want 2000/5000/X Kreds to do so. At this point players could donate Kreds into a pot to have the game developed. Once the game was done it would have to meet some sort of requirements (3.0ish+ rating, group of moderators check to make sure it accurately represents the original idea). After meeting these requirements, the developer would be credited the amount promised. If it didn’t meet the requirements, the Kreds would be returned to the players.

My only worry with my idea is the time it takes to develop a game. Players could donate, be promised a game, and not receive their kreds back until a year later when the project is cancelled. I envision this as a system in which a few hundred or even thousand people donate 2-5 kreds each rather than having a couple players donate 500+ apiece, so it shouldn’t be that big a deal. Also, developers could be asked to give a time estimate when they accept the project so donators know what to expect. Please give constructive criticism.

Kongregate could of course take a cut for the hassle of coordinating this, and the person with the idea should also get a small amount to compensate them for their time.

Flag Post

To be able to search for games using more than one tag
Example – I would like to search for point and click games that are also puzzles

Flag Post
Originally posted by puynsi:

design a SPECIAL AND UNIQUE CHARACTER FOR KONG!

Kongregate already has a character! Seen the ant?

And don’t forget about everyone’s great friend Kongbot!

Flag Post

Ability to have a more clear notice about when your comment gets responded in the Shout Box. Like a smaller chat bubble under the one which shows when your get a new PM.

Let me clarify: Person A makes a Shout to person B. Person B notices this as the chat bubble. Person B then responds to the Shout made by person A, but person A can not notice unless visiting the Messages, having “Update: Person B and 9001 others have commented on a message to Person B.”

And that is when there should be an icon for a new response.

Flag Post

Ability to reply and follow game comments.
Anyone would be able to reply, and you’d be able to see the replies by clicking a ‘show comments’ button. You could also ‘follow’ a game comment so you get notification on replies. By default, you automatically follow any comments you make.

This could be convenient for people who ask for help in the comments. It would also be good for feedback on comments.
It would also mean that people would click back onto the page to see the replies, meaning Kongregate get more profit from the ads.

Flag Post

Kongregate needs a why is this so hard i cannot even complete this i give up! badge. It is harder then impossible and it is worth 100 points.

Flag Post
Originally posted by betterplayer:

Kongregate needs a why is this so hard i cannot even complete this i give up! badge. It is harder then impossible and it is worth 100 points.

I think Kongregate is fine with the badge difficulties there exist already. But if there was to be added some new badge difficulties, there could be 10 point (Apprentice), 20 point (Advanced), and 45 (Tricky) point Badges.