Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 567 (locked)

16606 posts

Flag Post

I’d like to have a quick shortcut to my favorite games. Before the new version I just needed to click on my avatar in the top right, but now i have to find the right menu and click “my favorites” (which sometimes ends up in an error message : We’re sorry, an error has occurred.

We’ve been automatically notified of the problem, but if it keeps occurring, please email feedback@kongregate.com.

Click here to return to the homepage.)

Flag Post

When you’re viewing all comments for a game, add a link back to the game like in the line “Comments for Some Game”.

Flag Post

It may just be me reacting to prof. layout changes, but there seems to be a lack of an artwork section, thereby making me unable to find my artworks. Thank you for your consideration.

Flag Post

SO, I can’t be the only one out here who wants a “100% Badge Completion” status on their profile. I hate having to look up how many badges are out there, and doing “math” to figure out how big of a dork I am. I know Badge Master does it, but I want it on my profile.

Flag Post

There needs to be a button to downgrade your profile to some of the old kongregate stuff that didnt look like twitter

Flag Post
Originally posted by LordDignity:

There needs to be a button to downgrade your profile to some of the old kongregate stuff that didnt look like twitter

There are many posts by the administrators that state what you suggested would be a problem.

Here is one of the many posts:

Originally posted by AlisonClaire:
Originally posted by Bluji:

How do you usually pick the people who get the test updates and who don’t? I haven’t gotten any of the test updates at all (new layout, this one, can’t remember if there were others) but I’d like to get them in the future.

It’s totally, entirely random (except for admins. We get the new stuff to make sure it works.)

Kongregate could also more objectively see who is using the update. There are people in this thread both attacking and defending the new theme. Why can’t we please them all?

Because we really can’t please them all :( We’d never be able to make everyone happy no matter what we did. Every change we’ve ever made has upset some people and pleased others, it’s the way change works unfortunately.

There are a few issues with allowing an “old profile/new profile/nav 1/nav 2/old chat/old homepage/old old homepage/less red/lol cat” toggle. The first is that we’d then have to do a million times more work to create anything new. Anytime we make a new feature we’d have to figure out how to make it fit in with each and every variation there is. There are things on this new profile that aren’t on the old profile, stuff on the new homepage that isn’t on the old homepage—it’s not just changing the color, we’re also changing functionality. It’s impossible to keep developing new features if there are hundreds of site permutations out there.

Beyond the designing of how new features would fit, we’d end up needing to support all these different variations of the site, meaning we’d end up spending tons of time testing and fixing bugs for people that are using nav variation 3 and new homepage and old profile and new hoverprofiles and it would be fairly impossible to make forward progress :/

Lastly, it would kill our site performance. Right now we have code running for both profiles, but that’s not optimal and once the split test ends, we’ll be removing all the stuff we’re not using anymore. If we had to keep all the old code to support all the old features as well as the new ones we’d need way more hardware to support it (which means really increasing our costs) and it would still take you a huge amount of time to load a page. We’d additionally have to add way MORE code to try and make everything play nice together.

I get why you’d want options, totally get it. I use the internet too and have raged about updates I thought were dumb. It’s just totally impossible for us to do, from a practicality standpoint. We’ll continue to do our very best to come out with new updates that people like and we’re always changing things to try and make features MORE successful, but that’s pretty much the best we can do, sorry.

Flag Post

Totally off-topic of the current discussion:

WHAT is Kongregate DOING?! The profile pages are coming scary close to Facebook! No! I want the old interface back, PLEASE!

I can’t even navigate properly now in my own profile without getting completely lost on my main page. Where are my favorite games? My game contributions? My messages? My “followers”?

I’m mostly irritated about the recent user feed, as it now makes finding game contributions a pain in the butt, and that’s one of the few things I actually go to my profile to find.

Flag Post

I’d like to see who started a thread before clicking it. Mostly useful for collabs, to see if the OP is trustworthy(IE: Someone I know, or someone who already has games uploaded, to show their skill.

Flag Post

Add a Like button to the Activity Feed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dever:

I don’t think that’s a good idea, and it might not settle well with other users who think the site is becoming too similar to Facebook or liked the old user profile interface.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dever:

Add a dislike button!

Flag Post

You want suggestions about Kongregate? I’ve got one. Refining the tag search. For example: I often want to play games that have both launcher and upgrade tags (I know that’s most launcher games, this is just an example) Sadly, I can only select one tag. Or how about… I don’t want to play any multiplayer games? A way to not get games with a specific tag in a search would be nice. So… Yeah… That’s my suggestion.

Flag Post

Things kong should have worked on instead of new profiles:
Forum muting
Time Stamp in chat
HTML in shouts
Widescreen everything
Separate forum searching from game searching
Getting rid of the empty space on the top bar

Making so best comments are actually sorted by thumbs up
Removing games with less than 2 stars

Flag Post
Forum muting

There’s a script for that, though an official thing would still be pretty interesting to see.

Time Stamp in chat

There are two scripts for that, I personally use the first one as it’s less intrusive, but some people might not like it, so it’s better to keep it as an optional download for now (it can get bothersome sometimes).

HTML in shouts

Agreed, I’d like to see HTML come back to profiles in general, as it’s allow for a lot more formatting in the profiles again.

Widescreen everything

There are a couple scripts that make things widescreen; one for chat, and one for forums, I personally use neither, so I’m not entirely sure about what they look like, but they’re there to try out.

Separate forum searching from game searching

It’s easy enough to add “discussion” to the end of the search to get the forums, or even something like “/1/” if you want to search just a specific forum.

Getting rid of the empty space on the top bar

I personally think that it’d be interesting to see something put there as well, I’ve always thought that putting the Kongregate ant there would fit nicely.

Making so best comments are actually sorted by thumbs up

As far as I know, there’s some odd formula used, so amount isn’t the only factor for ranking them.

Removing games with less than 2 stars

I’m not too sure what to say about this one, so I’ll just say that you don’t want to discourage newer developers right away, by leaving their games up they can see the “constructive criticism” posted in the comments, and possibly get better, which is the point of Kongregate (to give new developers a chance).

Flag Post

Making sure the Hide Recommendation button actually works for badges.

Flag Post

“Last Updated” sorting for MMOs

Flag Post

Being able to search for forums. I don’t want to search through 500 pages to find something=(

Flag Post

I believe that Kongregate needs to add a few extra things to signing up. I think they should include a Zip code. Because There is this one man that has been Banned several times, but he comes back because he creates new files right after being banned. By adding a Zip code requirement to the Sign up will make so that people that are Banned and Silenced cannot create new a file so they can create more problems and offend more people. I ask that this be taken under serious consideration.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zachbrew:

I believe that Kongregate needs to add a few extra things to signing up. I think they should include a Zip code. Because There is this one man that has been Banned several times, but he comes back because he creates new files right after being banned. By adding a Zip code requirement to the Sign up will make so that people that are Banned and Silenced cannot create new a file so they can create more problems and offend more people. I ask that this be taken under serious consideration.

There is a way to do that through IP bans, but they don’t do it. Also I can make use a random Zip code, or postal code, so there really is no point. And can’t people have second chances?

Flag Post

Hey i think being able to use your power up rewards points to purchase kreds would be cool. Since you can earn power up points on the site

Flag Post
Originally posted by curly07:

Hey i think being able to use your power up rewards points to purchase kreds would be cool. Since you can earn power up points on the site

You can, it just takes an obscene amount, or so I’ve heard.

Flag Post

a disconnect from chat button would be cool, maybe where you’re taken to that “reconnect me” tab. for when you don’t want to be seen in chat. and i completely refuse to just set my status to afk and switch to the game tab!

Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:
Originally posted by curly07:

You can, it just takes an obscene amount, or so I’ve heard.

Well you can get 50 Kreds for 3950 Points which is not that hard to obtain, but 200 Kreds are 14950 Points which might take a while to earn.

Flag Post

how about looking into a app for windows phone for site

Flag Post

i have a problem one of my friends acc in the game named Tdp4 Team Battle online got hacked and the hacker said:
i will reset ur acc and give it back to you in 2 days after reset

if i give u the username and the old pass could we get the acc back with a new pass?