Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 567 (locked)

16547 posts

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I think a recently played games section, or maybe a shortcut section (for those of us who play some of the MMO games frequently) would be extremely useful. I usually only ever play those games for a few days, because they usually go off of the first badge of new badges pretty quickly. I go directly to the badge page (saves a click), not the front page of Kongregate, so I don’t see them for long.

Flag Post
Originally posted by eqokkahbone:

I think a recently played games section, or maybe a shortcut section (for those of us who play some of the MMO games frequently) would be extremely useful. I usually only ever play those games for a few days, because they usually go off of the first badge of new badges pretty quickly. I go directly to the badge page (saves a click), not the front page of Kongregate, so I don’t see them for long.

There’s a recently played game section on the homepage, just below the hot new games and recommended games. Alternatively, you can access them here.

Flag Post

Profile mode to a friends/users you’re following only view and private to all those that aren’t.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ayumi_stocking:

Profile mode to a friends/users you’re following only view and private to all those that aren’t.

I love this suggestion, i don’t see why it hasn’t already been implemented.

Flag Post

Have the option to favorite certain topics so that you can go to a page that lists all your favorite topics like a separate forum. I know there is a monitor topic section but that is fairly messy as it shows each post and it doesn’t look very nice.

I thought of this because I want to go into programming and I have made a few topics that I want to have saved so that I can refer back in the future.

Flag Post

Ability to put your favorite badges as a banner for your profile. We need more to do with them.

Flag Post

I know it was here before, but what happened to the random game button? I find my self wanting to just play a random game, but the button has disappeared.

Flag Post

Here’s a novel idea, how about seperating saved games from diff accts? My bf and I both frequent Kong, and I find that I have to choose between erasing his saved games and not playing so his progress doesn’t get erased. If I log in with my SN it should be my saved games and info, not whoever was on the computer first.

Flag Post

Remove quoted posts from the profile feed, so it only shows your words instead of “Originally posted by…”

Flag Post

Whenever a 5 star rating is displayed for a game that I have already rated, I would like the site to display MY rating instead of the community average (using a different color to indicate that it’s my rating). For an example, see NetFlix. This would let me easily identify games that I have already played.

Flag Post

I think it would be great id you could go to where it says “Games”, and then the “Categories” section. I was thinking, and what if you went to, let’s say the “Action” games. When you click on it, I think it shows the top rated ones first, I’m not to sure, but what if it showed the games that you put on your favorites first in that category. I was just thinking, and I thought it would just be neat if you could do that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by johnnykonig:

Whenever a 5 star rating is displayed for a game that I have already rated, I would like the site to display MY rating instead of the community average (using a different color to indicate that it’s my rating). For an example, see NetFlix. This would let me easily identify games that I have already played.

Maybe not instead. Maybe there should be two ratings, your’s and the average.

Flag Post

In the game browser, add a mouseover popup with the game’s description.

Flag Post

I’m not sure if anyone has said this yet, but, I recently was looking over my friends list and I has ALOT of friends, well I guess they are called followers and followed people, but I tried to delete some of them. It’s really a pain to waste all of that time to delete friends. So, I think the point I’m trying to come to is make something so we can see all of our followed people and choose multiple ones we can delete/unfollow. So we don’t just have to delete one person at a time. It’s time consuming and very, VERY boring. Also, you guys should make a button so we don’t have to mute users, but they still can’t talk to you or you talk to them, but you can still see what they are doing.

Flag Post

A poll thing with Yes/No for a Kong update for a time (say, week) to vote on. Whether yes or no is chosen, that would be done by the admins. E.g. No for no update and Yes for making that update.

Flag Post

Hey guys how are you? I have a suggestion, I hope no one else has suggested it but it could be a possibility. I was thinking that people who have linked their power-up rewards account to Kongregate could be able to get X amount of points (any number really, just preferably over 5; maybe you could get however many points that you leveled to. 24——> 25 gives 25 points) as an incentive to keep leveling up. I do realize its not necessarily Kongregate’s decision alone. If you take it into consideration, I’m aware it might take some time to get approved because power-up rewards is part of Gamestop. Thanks for the read and possible consideration.

Flag Post
I was thinking that people who have linked their power-up rewards account to Kongregate could be able to get X amount of points as an incentive to keep leveling up.

I see a couple potential issues with that, the first is that it seems a little strange to get points for getting points, the second is that only Americans would be able to get the bonus since they’re the only ones who can link a PowerUp account.

Flag Post
Originally posted by uzzbuzz:

Have the option to favorite certain topics so that you can go to a page that lists all your favorite topics like a separate forum. I know there is a monitor topic section but that is fairly messy as it shows each post and it doesn’t look very nice.

I thought of this because I want to go into programming and I have made a few topics that I want to have saved so that I can refer back in the future.

I’m going to quote this because I want to see some response :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by CandyCastle:

A poll thing with Yes/No for a Kong update for a time (say, week) to vote on. Whether yes or no is chosen, that would be done by the admins. E.g. No for no update and Yes for making that update.

Flag Post

Oh, you :3
About your suggestion: Even if they did it that way they would most likely make the final decision anyways. It’s better to try something new like this update and see how to improve than to not try it at all.

Flag Post

Greg, have you ever thought about making a chat app for the iStore, or for Android store? This idea might get shot down, but I think it’s a pretty good idea. I’d buy it.

Flag Post

I’m sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I think chat could be improved. I tend to have at least 2-5 games going at once (which I LOVE that Kong allows this…), and of course you can only be in one chat room at a time. But I was wondering if the awesome programmers at Kong could find a way of doing a ‘mobile chat’ of sorts…. For those in multiple games, having chat show in whatever tab you’re on at the time, rather than being stuck in the last tab you uploaded. That way, you don’t miss what your friends are saying (and I’m not sure about you, but I happen to consider a few of the people I chat with in ‘my’ room friends…). When you back out to switch to a new game, it could reload right where it left (with ‘history’ intact…), at least if you still have a game up on another tab. I’m not a programmer myself, so I’m not sure if this is even entirely possible. It would be amazing if it were though, as I tend to reload frequently when badging (I ALWAYS have Shadowland up, though… So I would always have a window up in the background.). Thank you for making this topic, and I hope to see better chat options in the future ;)

Flag Post

I don’t think there’s a way for Kong and the servers to know which browser tab you have open… Even if they did, my god, the strain.

Flag Post

Even just the option of chat remaining on the first page opened, so that when you load subsequent games on other pages… At least then you wouldn’t loose all the history from chat reloading to be on the new page…