Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 580

16506 posts

Flag Post

My suggestion… more suggestions!!! XD!!!

 
Flag Post

i Would like to suggest IP bans, as banning someone so they wouldn’t be able to make another account, and just go do what they were just banned for. I’ve seen many cases where some moderators have a tough time having to ban account after account because of trolls constantly making more accounts for purposes like trolling. this could help to prevent those kinds of situations and have the chat go back to a normal conversation as it was before.

 
Flag Post

Properly been suggested…

But when moving chat rooms (i play dream world and get whispered a lot) i loose all my chat info… and if someone Just whispers me while im moving it annoys me ,

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by 32114:

i Would like to suggest IP bans, as banning someone so they wouldn’t be able to make another account, and just go do what they were just banned for. I’ve seen many cases where some moderators have a tough time having to ban account after account because of trolls constantly making more accounts for purposes like trolling. this could help to prevent those kinds of situations and have the chat go back to a normal conversation as it was before.

It’s been stated multiple times before that there will never be IP bans, for multiple reasons. First off, multiple people can be using the same IP address, so if you ban an IP because of one person then multiple people might suffer from it (like colleges and universities). Also, people can change their IP address rather easily if they know what they’re doing, so it could actually end up not doing anything to stop someone from creating accounts.

 
Flag Post

They already have 15 minute IP bans, don’t they?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by calvindang:

They already have 15 minute IP bans, don’t they?

There’s a fifteen minute period of time after an account has been permanently banned in which no new accounts can be created under that IP address, but accounts that are already created can still be accessed, as far as I know. So basically if there are ten people who are on the same IP address at a university and one gets permanently banned, they along with anyone else will not be able to create a new account for fifteen minutes, but the other nine who already had accounts will still be able to access their accounts and the site as they normally would.

 
Flag Post

What would be really useful and also easy to implement: a filter on game ratings, so you could find all the latest games above 3 or 3.5 stars or something. Would save me from having to look through all the crap games not worth playing, when looking for a new good game.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by NewStar:

What would be really useful and also easy to implement: a filter on game ratings, so you could find all the latest games above 3 or 3.5 stars or something. Would save me from having to look through all the crap games not worth playing, when looking for a new good game.

I believe that there’s already a filter somewhat like this, it’s the top rated games sorted by newest, and I believe that it only shows games with a rating at or above 3.0 stars, sorted by their upload times. It’s not exactly the most intuitive thing to do, but it’s still there.

 
Flag Post

having arandom game button because i hate not hacving a game to play and bieng bored

 
Flag Post

add a earn to win multiplayer game cuz i hate going in wrong game that i have to buy

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by oBaron:

having arandom game button because i hate not hacving a game to play and bieng bored

Badge Master essentially works the same way.

Originally posted by pooppoo:

add a earn to win multiplayer game cuz i hate going in wrong game that i have to buy

I’m sorry but I don’t understand what you’re talking about.

 
Flag Post

Suggestion for another game : “Castle Age”. Its pretty awesome game. My opinion ofc :)

Best Wishes

 
This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator
 
Flag Post

A way to filter games that the user hasn’t played to the top (by rating or other criteria, so you don’t end up with all the worst/unwanted/irrelevant stuff at the top)…?

Also, if a “random game” selection was added, having an option to choose only games that the user hasn’t played yet might be good.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by dragon_of_celts:

A way to filter games that the user hasn’t played to the top (by rating or other criteria, so you don’t end up with all the worst/unwanted/irrelevant stuff at the top)…?

Also, if a “random game” selection was added, having an option to choose only games that the user hasn’t played yet might be good.

Well, recommended games exclude games you’ve already rated, but other than that, I don’t think it’s feasible for Kong to keep track of every game you’ve ever played.

EDIT for posterity: It would appear that this is my 4000th post.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by jimgreer:

You can also put the url to the image between exclamation marks. Like this:

cat abuser alert!!!!

 
Flag Post

I have a suggestion for the forum system. Sometimes, forums are visited by spammers that will create multiple threads in short time periods causing relevant topics to be brought down on the thread list. Even if such threads are locked and hidden, they still appear on the list. Since I understand that forum moderators can’t delete these threads since some evidence is needed to justify a silence/ban if a user continues to misbehave on forums, I propose another solution which involves forum moderators having the ability to turn threads invisible to other users. That said, they will still exist in the history but will no longer be seen on the main forum page. Perhaps users will also have the option to trigger on and off the hidden thread filter. I think this is important since, sometimes, simply locking threads isn’t enough to stop forum littering.

 
Flag Post

I have a suggestion for the forums.

This may or may not have been suggested before by someone else, but it would be nice to have a thread sage option. By that, I mean the ability to post on a thread without it getting bumped at the very top.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by pika493:

I have a suggestion for the forums.

This may or may not have been suggested before by someone else, but it would be nice to have a thread sage option. By that, I mean the ability to post on a thread without it getting bumped at the very top.

Please explain the benefit of this to me. The whole point of a thread is to create discussion. What benefit is there to post in a thread and have no one know about it?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by pika493:

I have a suggestion for the forums.

This may or may not have been suggested before by someone else, but it would be nice to have a thread sage option. By that, I mean the ability to post on a thread without it getting bumped at the very top.

Please explain the benefit of this to me. The whole point of a thread is to create discussion. What benefit is there to post in a thread and have no one know about it?

A game thread that asks a single question, where the person would like to receive an immediate answer, but there’s a question thread laid out for them. If there was a way to sage reply, the thread being posted on wouldn’t bump down the others, but the person would receive their immediate reply.

 
Flag Post

Who the mouse added a 2000 characters limit to messages between users?
This si not preventing spam in any way. I can stil lsend 100 1-word messages. But I sometimes need to send a preeeety looooong information to someone and i get stopped because there’s a limit now!
Just a few hours ago i spent 4 hours writing a message then i got stopped from posting because it exceeded the 2 k limit. The current number of characters was about 33k . I had to severely cut large parts of the message, remove punctuation, double letters , shorten words ( from “backwards” to " bkwrds", and split the message into 5 separate parts, remove spacing betwen paragraphs, and add a link to another website that contained a copy of the original message.

And that took me more than writing the actual message. Remove the limit.I beg you. I stand before my computer, dressed only in shorts and sunglasses, in my knees, praying to God, Allah, Budda, Yoda, Elune, Obama, The Dude, MTV, Zeus, Krolm, and all other deities that someone will permanently remove that useless, pointless, adnormal , stupid limit.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by AlexFromRomania:

Who the mouse added a 2000 characters limit to messages between users?
This si not preventing spam in any way. I can stil lsend 100 1-word messages.

You can still send 100 1-word messages—but you can no longer send 100 5,000-word messages. The former is simply annoying—the latter, if done enough, will crash Kong’s servers.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by MadJedi:

I have a suggestion for the forum system. Sometimes, forums are visited by spammers that will create multiple threads in short time periods causing relevant topics to be brought down on the thread list. Even if such threads are locked and hidden, they still appear on the list. Since I understand that forum moderators can’t delete these threads since some evidence is needed to justify a silence/ban if a user continues to misbehave on forums, I propose another solution which involves forum moderators having the ability to turn threads invisible to other users. That said, they will still exist in the history but will no longer be seen on the main forum page. Perhaps users will also have the option to trigger on and off the hidden thread filter. I think this is important since, sometimes, simply locking threads isn’t enough to stop forum littering.

This! or a suggestion I made a while back…….

Originally posted by videogames518:

This is what I’ve had on a board I co-ran in the past, but am not sure how it’ll work out here……….

Have a graveyard forum for locked threads. Lock the graveyard forum itself to prevent people from posting in it, but whenever a thread is locked in any other forum, move that locked thread to the graveyard. Little by little, move locked threads to the graveyard to declutter other forums somewhat (considering how old Kong is & how many threads were locked through-out the years, it would take extensive looking around & a lot of time to do this). If I’m correct, Admins aren’t prevented to move stuff to or post in something that’s locked, because they are the ones that run the site itself. Not sure if the same applies to Mods.

 
Flag Post

A badges location with the different types/genres of games so that you can find and win badges instead of trying to find them would be amazing!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by the_creed135:

A badges location with the different types/genres of games so that you can find and win badges instead of trying to find them would be amazing!

http://www.kongregate.com/badges

You can choose the categories from the box on the left side.