Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 583

16579 posts

Flag Post

“Decision 2
Because you rated Theme Hotel highly.”

Because I what? C’mon, Kong. Because they’re both tagged “Strategy”? I haven’t tried 2 yet, but the original Decision was only about 20% Strategy. How about you compare more than one tag when making recommendations? Maybe then it would notice that I had also rated Decision 1 highly, and not a game that’s about as far from carefully planned zombie hunting as possible? Mardek 3 is getting its rec because of Mardek 2!

Flag Post

At this point, I would say that the recommendations are doing about as much harm as good, and I wouldn’t count on anything being done about it anytime soon.

Flag Post

…Yes, It does need a little work. If it doesn’t use multiple tags already, it definitely should.

Flag Post

If it helps, at least that screen shot makes it look like he’s about to skeet-shoot the sandbag from LtF2.

Flag Post

Thanks.

Flag Post

how about something in your account page that tracks completed and not-completed games? (by “completed”, i mean a game in wich you have earned all the achievements)
Since kongregate has tons of games, and you might want to complete one uncompleted long time ago, it would be cool to keep track of them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dragonfabri:

how about something in your account page that tracks completed and not-completed games? (by “completed”, i mean a game in wich you have earned all the achievements)
Since kongregate has tons of games, and you might want to complete one uncompleted long time ago, it would be cool to keep track of them.

How would Kongregate be able to know when you have or have not completed a game?

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

How would Kongregate be able to know when you have or have not completed a game?

To an extent, it already does track if you’ve earned all achievements for a game, so in theory it could be possible. When you’ve earned all available achievements for a game, it states “You have earned all achievements!” on the achievements tab of that game, so there’s some sort of tracking going on already.

EDIT @below: I figured that “a game in which you have earned all the achievements” meant games with achievements only, but now I see it can mean otherwise too.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

To an extent, it already does track if you’ve earned all achievements for a game, so in theory it could be possible. When you’ve earned all available achievements for a game, it states “You have earned all achievements!” on the achievements tab of that game, so there’s some sort of tracking going on already.

Well, yeah. Dragonfabri never specified if it was just badged games, so I assumed it was all games.

Flag Post

Couldn’t the API do this, too? If the developer were to add ‘checkpoints’ for the API, maybe.

Of course, this would be too much unnecessary effort.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ruudiluca:

Couldn’t the API do this, too? If the developer were to add ‘checkpoints’ for the API, maybe.

Of course, this would be too much unnecessary effort.

mmhmm, which means that 62,002 games would need to be updated.

Flag Post

You shouldn’t be able to comment on these messages.

Also,

When a link to a forum thread is posted in chat, the link text should be the actual name of the thread. This should be the same for the developer center, profiles and other pages.

Also, an anti-spam bot.
Don’t allow more than 3 messages every 2 seconds, something like that.
Get 5 warnings, then a silence and a notification to an admin (a report).

Flag Post

More quests I say!
Unless of course it’s too difficult to compose multiple quests at a time; I think there should be more that entail other genres of gaming. Like a Shooting quest, an RPG quest, a Gory quest, a Family-friendly quest, Tower Defence quest, Hard/Impossible quest, or even a Philosophical quest (including great games like Coma and The Company of Myself).
But these are just some ideas from a humble gamer.
Thanks for reading.

Flag Post

what about a rewards program. for the long time members or high points.

Flag Post

May as well throw my own two cents in: I’d really, really like the ability to tailor my recommendations a bit. Even if it’s just to block games with certain tags from being listed. For example, I detest Tower Defense games but for some reason I supposedly like a bunch of games that are “like” Tower Defense games and will often find nothing else on my list. If I could get it to more heavily weight tags that I actually like (for example, Physics, Sandbox, Fantasy, RPG, or Upgrades) that would also be awesome.

Flag Post

I only have 2 suggestions:

1) A forum search: it only search on the forum and you can specify the forum section.

2)Lights-off button: A button when you press, the entire page (less the game) become darkned, like NewGrounds (it’s just a reference, I’m sorry if this is agains’t the rules).

Flag Post

Lights-off button

I would love that, good suggestion.

Flag Post

Suggestion: Search filters

If you type something into the search bar, you could then filter it by:

‘All, Game, Forums, Art, Music, Profile, Miscellaneous’
and
‘Newest, Oldest, Most Relevant’.

Flag Post

I can’t use paypal for buying things, because in Russia it not fully functional. Maybe you can add other options? Like are Webmoney (site webmoney.ru)

Flag Post

Just one suggestion:

Use CAPTCHA in the registration page. Would automatically put a halt to spambots on Kong.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I want something I can set once in my profile to block all MMOs from ever showing up again anywhere on Kong. I want to see the real “Hot New games” and not have it full of MMOs with oddly high ratings. I’d like to easily see which non-MMOs are really being played the most. It is pointless to waste my time having to hunt for the non-multiplayer and non pay to play games since I’ll never play any of those and will not spend a cent on them.

I’m also sick of clicking on a game just to find that its yet another one of these pay to play cookie cutter MMOs or some game full of pay to play features. Add a tiny “M” to multiplayer games’ icon thumbnails and/or require that the first tag shown is multiplayer for these games so they can’t fool us into “playing” them. I just end up giving them a 1/5 rating and closing that tab right away anyway so why not just allow me to avoid these games entirely. How about adding a little $ on the icon of any game that has pay to play features? Of course neither of these user friendly suggestions will come true as Kong moves further away from being a great FREE game website.

Flag Post

Dismissing all MMOs as irrelevant is just as horrible as dismissing all puzzle games as irrelevant.

Flag Post

Here’s one: Anyway to sort just the easy badges, only the un-gotten ones, by most earned?