Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 583

16360 posts

Flag Post

Kongregate should implement a new feature – a “Play Later” button on the game’s pages or as a drop-down before selecting to play the game. That way if someone sees a game that they may be interested in, but they may be busy and not be able to play that game right now (because some people put work before play time). So, giving them the option to simply click a “Play Later” button, without having to Rate it or add it to Favorites, just so that you can play it later.

This “Play Later” button could also be used to improve the recommendations feature that is already implemented. Especially, if it’s an easy click that would show a pop-up box when you hover over it with your mouse. Also, if you choose to implement a “Play Later” button, then you should be able to clear that game from any recommendations, because it’s pointless to recommend a game that someone already has in their “Play Later” section of their profile.

Flag Post

I would love a activity log that you can enable,disable make public or private. It should show the games you played and how long, and which game you played the most and a list of how long you play all the games you tried

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ayumi_Stocking:

I think that we should…be able to…remove fav’d games directly from your favorite list

You already can =/

Not on Google Chrome, apparently.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jet_Dry:
Originally posted by Ayumi_Stocking:

I think that we should…be able to…remove fav’d games directly from your favorite list

You already can =/

Not on Google Chrome, apparently.

That’s quite odd then, since I just loaded up the page to my favourite games in both Firefox and Chrome and it had the “Remove from favourites” link on both. It might be an add-on you have on Chrome that’s affecting it, since I do recall someone mentioning this before in the Tech Support forum (I haven’t installed any add-ons for Chrome, I mainly have it to test things such as this, so that might be why I still have the link).

Flag Post
Originally posted by XO25:

I would love a activity log that you can enable,disable make public or private. It should show the games you played and how long, and which game you played the most and a list of how long you play all the games you tried

Have anybody seen the 3ds activity log ?? something like that would be nice

Flag Post

lots more badges

Flag Post
Originally posted by mrpcguy:

lots more badges

Not to bring you down, but you’re level 17. There’s hundreds, maybe thousands of badges for you to earn still. Besides, they’re always adding more badges for everyone to enjoy.

Flag Post

How dare you bump the old, forgotten stickies. Face the wrath of the admins and mods.

Flag Post

i think there should be like once a month or so badges that could maybe give u kongregate credits and also a spot on the main page showing the newest of badges added and also how some games can be used on facebook that if ur facebook is connected to ur profile that u can use either ur facebook prrofile OR ur knogregate profile for those games those are the three things i so far mostly reccomend

Flag Post

take backyard monsters for example it would take me about a month on kongregate t get to where i am on facebook

Flag Post

“Decision 2
Because you rated Theme Hotel highly.”

Because I what? C’mon, Kong. Because they’re both tagged “Strategy”? I haven’t tried 2 yet, but the original Decision was only about 20% Strategy. How about you compare more than one tag when making recommendations? Maybe then it would notice that I had also rated Decision 1 highly, and not a game that’s about as far from carefully planned zombie hunting as possible? Mardek 3 is getting its rec because of Mardek 2!

Flag Post

At this point, I would say that the recommendations are doing about as much harm as good, and I wouldn’t count on anything being done about it anytime soon.

Flag Post

…Yes, It does need a little work. If it doesn’t use multiple tags already, it definitely should.

Flag Post

If it helps, at least that screen shot makes it look like he’s about to skeet-shoot the sandbag from LtF2.

Flag Post

Thanks.

Flag Post

how about something in your account page that tracks completed and not-completed games? (by “completed”, i mean a game in wich you have earned all the achievements)
Since kongregate has tons of games, and you might want to complete one uncompleted long time ago, it would be cool to keep track of them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dragonfabri:

how about something in your account page that tracks completed and not-completed games? (by “completed”, i mean a game in wich you have earned all the achievements)
Since kongregate has tons of games, and you might want to complete one uncompleted long time ago, it would be cool to keep track of them.

How would Kongregate be able to know when you have or have not completed a game?

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

How would Kongregate be able to know when you have or have not completed a game?

To an extent, it already does track if you’ve earned all achievements for a game, so in theory it could be possible. When you’ve earned all available achievements for a game, it states “You have earned all achievements!” on the achievements tab of that game, so there’s some sort of tracking going on already.

EDIT @below: I figured that “a game in which you have earned all the achievements” meant games with achievements only, but now I see it can mean otherwise too.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

To an extent, it already does track if you’ve earned all achievements for a game, so in theory it could be possible. When you’ve earned all available achievements for a game, it states “You have earned all achievements!” on the achievements tab of that game, so there’s some sort of tracking going on already.

Well, yeah. Dragonfabri never specified if it was just badged games, so I assumed it was all games.

Flag Post

Couldn’t the API do this, too? If the developer were to add ‘checkpoints’ for the API, maybe.

Of course, this would be too much unnecessary effort.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ruudiluca:

Couldn’t the API do this, too? If the developer were to add ‘checkpoints’ for the API, maybe.

Of course, this would be too much unnecessary effort.

mmhmm, which means that 62,002 games would need to be updated.

Flag Post

You shouldn’t be able to comment on these messages.

Also,

When a link to a forum thread is posted in chat, the link text should be the actual name of the thread. This should be the same for the developer center, profiles and other pages.

Also, an anti-spam bot.
Don’t allow more than 3 messages every 2 seconds, something like that.
Get 5 warnings, then a silence and a notification to an admin (a report).

Flag Post

More quests I say!
Unless of course it’s too difficult to compose multiple quests at a time; I think there should be more that entail other genres of gaming. Like a Shooting quest, an RPG quest, a Gory quest, a Family-friendly quest, Tower Defence quest, Hard/Impossible quest, or even a Philosophical quest (including great games like Coma and The Company of Myself).
But these are just some ideas from a humble gamer.
Thanks for reading.

Flag Post

what about a rewards program. for the long time members or high points.

Flag Post

May as well throw my own two cents in: I’d really, really like the ability to tailor my recommendations a bit. Even if it’s just to block games with certain tags from being listed. For example, I detest Tower Defense games but for some reason I supposedly like a bunch of games that are “like” Tower Defense games and will often find nothing else on my list. If I could get it to more heavily weight tags that I actually like (for example, Physics, Sandbox, Fantasy, RPG, or Upgrades) that would also be awesome.