Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 589

16593 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

It works.. in theory. but it doesn’t in practice.

There have been master threads before (the Internet Explorer sticky keys issue is the first to immediately come to mind), and they don’t cut down on duplicate threads much more than the FAQ does.

Flag Post

Out smoking a cig when i thought, why doesnt Kong have titles? Maybe defaults for levels 5-10-20-30-40-50, then additional and or hidden titles for completing game series, for instance completing epic wars 1-3, (either including “saga” or not) might earn you the “Epic Victor” title, thus if earned by me my name in chat rooms and forums would appear as Epic Victor Lathageroth. (Maybe with the title being a hyperlink to the titles requirements page.) Anywho just a thought.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

There have been master threads before (the Internet Explorer sticky keys issue is the first to immediately come to mind), and they don’t cut down on duplicate threads much more than the FAQ does.

Fair enough.

Originally posted by Lathageroth:

Out smoking a cig when i thought, why doesnt Kong have titles? Maybe defaults for levels 5-10-20-30-40-50, then additional and or hidden titles for completing game series, for instance completing epic wars 1-3, (either including “saga” or not) might earn you the “Epic Victor” title, thus if earned by me my name in chat rooms and forums would appear as Epic Victor Lathageroth. (Maybe with the title being a hyperlink to the titles requirements page.) Anywho just a thought.

Titles are bad, they’re elitist. Not all people are here for badges and to level up.

Flag Post

Forum Suggestion!

We could use a different thread view that does not require you to click page after page to read everything everyone has posted. I propose that we have a new view available for use that shows all of the thread posts without having to go to a new page. This can be done by having the page load 10 more posts* every time you scroll to the bottom of the page. This will makes particularly long threads easier to read through for the user. I’ve noticed this method being used by many sites with comment sections, and I think it would be a great tool for the forums on Kongregate.

I know this would require a bit of a redesign on where some of the buttons will go, but I think that it would be well worth it to make the threads easier to read.

Flag Post

Facebook does something similar to that on its news feed (even Kong does something similar to that with the categories on the home page)—and I hate it. Mainly because I just want to scroll down to see everything currently on the page, and then I have to wait several seconds while the new material loads before I can go back up and see what I missed from what was previously shown.

Maybe if there was a button you had to click before the new posts would load… but then again, that’s pretty much the same as clicking another page.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

(sorry for any bad spelling)i think there shouled be an alfabetical search option when searching games in the different categories sections because i for one was trying to look for a game i knew started with the letter t and knew it was a stratagy game but couldent think of the rest of the name if added instead of numbers for the pages it should be letters for the name this would help heaps if some one finds a game on a different site or hears of one that isent perticuly new or liked by heaps of people it would be hard to find it with the current search options

Flag Post

That’s why we have this thread.

Flag Post

Kongregate should have a theme song.

Flag Post

this is my idea ok i don’t want to pay for kongregate+ if i pay $$$ for poweruprewards ok i want it so if you get poweruprewards and you link it like i have you get kongregate+ cus i find it unfair to make us buy both since there both connected so can you please add this thanks.

Flag Post

On each game, an option to view the highest rated comment of the day/week/month/ever, to discourage the fact that early comments get rated high and stay high because they started in the top few and thus, were visible to everyone on the game page.

On a similar subject, it would be nice to have a way of seeing how one’s own comments have been rated without having to manually search through pages of comments to find them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shark4675:

this is my idea ok i don’t want to pay for kongregate+ if i pay $$$ for poweruprewards ok i want it so if you get poweruprewards and you link it like i have you get kongregate+ cus i find it unfair to make us buy both since there both connected so can you please add this thanks.

Getting a PowerUp Rewards account is free I thought, so it wouldn’t really work out the way you’re imagining. If you mean for a way to spend your reward points to get Kong+, maybe that’d be something to think of, but not for simply having it.

Flag Post

Fair enough.

Originally posted by Lathageroth:

Titles are bad, they’re elitist. Not all people are here for badges and to level up.

Elitist? lol, point is badges dont impede people from playing any game they want, titles wouldn’t either. You don’t want to go for badges what do you do? …You dont go for badges. :p You want to ignore the “title quests” ignore em. The fact of the matter is you really dont even need an account to use Kong, the accounts or for the ones that do want badges, want to do the quests, and participate in the challenges.

Flag Post

Facebook does something similar to that on its news feed (even Kong does something similar to that with the categories on the home page)—and I hate it. Mainly because I just want to scroll down to see everything currently on the page, and then I have to wait several seconds while the new material loads before I can go back up and see what I missed from what was previously shown.

Maybe if there was a button you had to click before the new posts would load… but then again, that’s pretty much the same as clicking another page.

They could always institute a button for those of us with fast connections that loads the next 500 posts, (or whatever large number they find suitable) instead of the piddly 50 that i believe facebook loads per scroll.

Flag Post

I got one.

Kongregate shouldn’t allow MMO games to have energy
setups where a player clicks 2 or 3 times in it and the
energy is gone. Or the type of games that take energy
and/or health 48 hours to recharge.

Some kids have the cash to pay for kreds, most don’t.

Most of us Kongers want to spend more time with a game,
experience it, have fun with it. Not 1-2-3 clicks you’re done,
now go play in traffic and come back tomorrow.

Games like, Chronicles of Herenvale and Dawn of the Dragons
are 2 such games. Nicely done games. But the energy based
system just ruins the fun.

Flag Post

If you don’t like the
game then you
shouldn’t play the
game but limiting
what types of games
are allowed on the
site is unfair.

Flag Post

A toggle system in your account options which controls which “panes” are displayed.
(Bonus points and three whole internets for making a drag+drop layout table which controls how those panes are displayed….)

Flag Post

Here’s a suggestion: Please remove the formatting in the forum previews below the games.

Flag Post

I hope this hasn’t been mentioned yet, but I find the 250-characters-limit in the chat annoying. Mybe set up the limit to 500 or even abandon it? What purpose does it serve anyways?

Flag Post
Originally posted by bleistift2:

I hope this hasn’t been mentioned yet, but I find the 250-characters-limit in the chat annoying. Mybe set up the limit to 500 or even abandon it? What purpose does it serve anyways?

spam.

Flag Post

I don’t think character limits reduce spamming. Links can be replaced by tinyurls and instead of one 500-character-“BLABLABLABLA”-post, you can create two (copy-paste). The big downside is that serious discussion is also prevented (if you don’t want to have a paragraph for every sentence, which would cause your post to be interrupted by others posting simultaneously). As ultima ratio, there’s still the option to mute people.

Flag Post

If you don’t like the
game then you
shouldn’t play the
game but limiting
what types of games
are allowed on the
site is unfair.

Tell me something I don’t know… Smarty pants.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vidiot966:

If you don’t like the
game then you
shouldn’t play the
game but limiting
what types of games
are allowed on the
site is unfair.

Tell me something I don’t know… Smarty pants.

If you know that it’s unfair, you must be a horrible person to want something unfair…

Flag Post

It would be nice if Hidden Object Games had their
own category slot. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vidiot966:

It would be nice if Hidden Object Games had their
own category slot. :)

^Agreed! Hi Vidiot966 =P