Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 589

16360 posts

Flag Post

take a chill pill Wiggles96 i didn’t see your post

Flag Post

For the Technical Support forum, could we have master threads for the major/recurring issues? Like, “Kreds”, “Hacked Account” etc. It’ll cut down on spam and with more in-depth OPs in the threads, it’ll probably cut down on posts. I know the FAQ is there, but no one reads it.

Flag Post

A “group” on Kongregate, would be a group where you can invite other members to your group to earn badges together. If there were “group” badges, that would be awesome. The group would combine the badge points together and have an overall group rating. The highest earning groups would be featured on the Kongregate front page. I don’t know, just a suggestion.

Flag Post

Elitism.

Flag Post

Bring Scrabble Cubes to Kongregate.

The 3D one. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vidiot966:

Bring Scrabble Cubes to Kongregate.

The 3D one. :)

It’s up to the developer.

Flag Post

bold i agree

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

For the Technical Support forum, could we have master threads for the major/recurring issues? Like, “Kreds”, “Hacked Account” etc. It’ll cut down on spam and with more in-depth OPs in the threads, it’ll probably cut down on posts. I know the FAQ is there, but no one reads it.

The majority of that stuff is in the FAQ already, like you said, and that should be enough. If it’s there and readily accessible, there’s no excuse for not reading to see, even if you just open it and use the search function to see if keywords have been mentioned. They purposely made all of the old stickies into one thread for that reason, so it’s easier overall to find stuff. Even when things are shown more prominently, people will still ignore and prefer to make a new thread anyways, so I don’t think it’d be too beneficial at this moment in time.

Flag Post

It works.. in theory. but it doesn’t in practice.

Flag Post

1. Why? That would require re-coding the entire site. I doubt that’d be worth it.

2. Why make the change?

3. I doubt that’s possible with the current setup, since you don’t get e-mail notifications for replies to shouts, either.

Flag Post

Will there ever be a way that our games save to our name instead of computer. I use a lot of different computers and its annoying that it only saves to the computer im using.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AcousticAndrew:

Will there ever be a way that our games save to our name instead of computer. I use a lot of different computers and its annoying that it only saves to the computer im using.

Mostly likely not due to the amount of storage and money it would take. If it did happen it would be a very small amount and would probably have to be purchased by the user.

Flag Post

There have been master threads before (the Internet Explorer sticky keys issue is the first to immediately come to mind), and they don’t cut down on duplicate threads much more than the FAQ does.

Flag Post

Out smoking a cig when i thought, why doesnt Kong have titles? Maybe defaults for levels 5-10-20-30-40-50, then additional and or hidden titles for completing game series, for instance completing epic wars 1-3, (either including “saga” or not) might earn you the “Epic Victor” title, thus if earned by me my name in chat rooms and forums would appear as Epic Victor Lathageroth. (Maybe with the title being a hyperlink to the titles requirements page.) Anywho just a thought.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

There have been master threads before (the Internet Explorer sticky keys issue is the first to immediately come to mind), and they don’t cut down on duplicate threads much more than the FAQ does.

Fair enough.

Originally posted by Lathageroth:

Out smoking a cig when i thought, why doesnt Kong have titles? Maybe defaults for levels 5-10-20-30-40-50, then additional and or hidden titles for completing game series, for instance completing epic wars 1-3, (either including “saga” or not) might earn you the “Epic Victor” title, thus if earned by me my name in chat rooms and forums would appear as Epic Victor Lathageroth. (Maybe with the title being a hyperlink to the titles requirements page.) Anywho just a thought.

Titles are bad, they’re elitist. Not all people are here for badges and to level up.

Flag Post

Forum Suggestion!

We could use a different thread view that does not require you to click page after page to read everything everyone has posted. I propose that we have a new view available for use that shows all of the thread posts without having to go to a new page. This can be done by having the page load 10 more posts* every time you scroll to the bottom of the page. This will makes particularly long threads easier to read through for the user. I’ve noticed this method being used by many sites with comment sections, and I think it would be a great tool for the forums on Kongregate.

I know this would require a bit of a redesign on where some of the buttons will go, but I think that it would be well worth it to make the threads easier to read.

Flag Post

Facebook does something similar to that on its news feed (even Kong does something similar to that with the categories on the home page)—and I hate it. Mainly because I just want to scroll down to see everything currently on the page, and then I have to wait several seconds while the new material loads before I can go back up and see what I missed from what was previously shown.

Maybe if there was a button you had to click before the new posts would load… but then again, that’s pretty much the same as clicking another page.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

(sorry for any bad spelling)i think there shouled be an alfabetical search option when searching games in the different categories sections because i for one was trying to look for a game i knew started with the letter t and knew it was a stratagy game but couldent think of the rest of the name if added instead of numbers for the pages it should be letters for the name this would help heaps if some one finds a game on a different site or hears of one that isent perticuly new or liked by heaps of people it would be hard to find it with the current search options

Flag Post

That’s why we have this thread.

Flag Post

Kongregate should have a theme song.

Flag Post

this is my idea ok i don’t want to pay for kongregate+ if i pay $$$ for poweruprewards ok i want it so if you get poweruprewards and you link it like i have you get kongregate+ cus i find it unfair to make us buy both since there both connected so can you please add this thanks.

Flag Post

On each game, an option to view the highest rated comment of the day/week/month/ever, to discourage the fact that early comments get rated high and stay high because they started in the top few and thus, were visible to everyone on the game page.

On a similar subject, it would be nice to have a way of seeing how one’s own comments have been rated without having to manually search through pages of comments to find them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shark4675:

this is my idea ok i don’t want to pay for kongregate+ if i pay $$$ for poweruprewards ok i want it so if you get poweruprewards and you link it like i have you get kongregate+ cus i find it unfair to make us buy both since there both connected so can you please add this thanks.

Getting a PowerUp Rewards account is free I thought, so it wouldn’t really work out the way you’re imagining. If you mean for a way to spend your reward points to get Kong+, maybe that’d be something to think of, but not for simply having it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Fair enough.

Originally posted by Lathageroth:

Titles are bad, they’re elitist. Not all people are here for badges and to level up.

Elitist? lol, point is badges dont impede people from playing any game they want, titles wouldn’t either. You don’t want to go for badges what do you do? …You dont go for badges. :p You want to ignore the “title quests” ignore em. The fact of the matter is you really dont even need an account to use Kong, the accounts or for the ones that do want badges, want to do the quests, and participate in the challenges.