Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 590

16365 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Facebook does something similar to that on its news feed (even Kong does something similar to that with the categories on the home page)—and I hate it. Mainly because I just want to scroll down to see everything currently on the page, and then I have to wait several seconds while the new material loads before I can go back up and see what I missed from what was previously shown.

Maybe if there was a button you had to click before the new posts would load… but then again, that’s pretty much the same as clicking another page.

They could always institute a button for those of us with fast connections that loads the next 500 posts, (or whatever large number they find suitable) instead of the piddly 50 that i believe facebook loads per scroll.

Flag Post

I got one.

Kongregate shouldn’t allow MMO games to have energy
setups where a player clicks 2 or 3 times in it and the
energy is gone. Or the type of games that take energy
and/or health 48 hours to recharge.

Some kids have the cash to pay for kreds, most don’t.

Most of us Kongers want to spend more time with a game,
experience it, have fun with it. Not 1-2-3 clicks you’re done,
now go play in traffic and come back tomorrow.

Games like, Chronicles of Herenvale and Dawn of the Dragons
are 2 such games. Nicely done games. But the energy based
system just ruins the fun.

Flag Post

If you don’t like the
game then you
shouldn’t play the
game but limiting
what types of games
are allowed on the
site is unfair.

Flag Post

A toggle system in your account options which controls which “panes” are displayed.
(Bonus points and three whole internets for making a drag+drop layout table which controls how those panes are displayed….)

Flag Post

Here’s a suggestion: Please remove the formatting in the forum previews below the games.

Flag Post

I hope this hasn’t been mentioned yet, but I find the 250-characters-limit in the chat annoying. Mybe set up the limit to 500 or even abandon it? What purpose does it serve anyways?

Flag Post
Originally posted by bleistift2:

I hope this hasn’t been mentioned yet, but I find the 250-characters-limit in the chat annoying. Mybe set up the limit to 500 or even abandon it? What purpose does it serve anyways?

spam.

Flag Post

I don’t think character limits reduce spamming. Links can be replaced by tinyurls and instead of one 500-character-“BLABLABLABLA”-post, you can create two (copy-paste). The big downside is that serious discussion is also prevented (if you don’t want to have a paragraph for every sentence, which would cause your post to be interrupted by others posting simultaneously). As ultima ratio, there’s still the option to mute people.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

If you don’t like the
game then you
shouldn’t play the
game but limiting
what types of games
are allowed on the
site is unfair.

Tell me something I don’t know… Smarty pants.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vidiot966:
Originally posted by adv0catus:

If you don’t like the
game then you
shouldn’t play the
game but limiting
what types of games
are allowed on the
site is unfair.

Tell me something I don’t know… Smarty pants.

If you know that it’s unfair, you must be a horrible person to want something unfair…

Flag Post

It would be nice if Hidden Object Games had their
own category slot. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vidiot966:

It would be nice if Hidden Object Games had their
own category slot. :)

^Agreed! Hi Vidiot966 =P

Flag Post

I think it would be great to have an appropriate role playing chat room. I hate how on the other Role playing chat rooms, people are cussing, arguing, and are being inappropriate. I would love to see a safe, happy, appropriate environmental chat room :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by SpiritWolfe:

I think it would be great to have an appropriate role playing chat room. I hate how on the other Role playing chat rooms, people are cussing, arguing, and are being inappropriate. I would love to see a safe, happy, appropriate environmental chat room :)

The environment of the room is dependent on who decides to use it, so if a new room is made it could very well become the exact same as the current ones. You could always get Kong+ to have your own private room that you use for RPing, or use someone else’s private room, or use a TinyChat room for that matter.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Hey i had an idea for you for tdp4. Just a suggestion. You should have weapons that are available only at a certain time period. like christmas weapons. weapons that maybe shoots showballs. and holoween weapons. weapons that look spooky or something. Many games does this so there can be difference if players instead of every player being basically the same when they reach far in the game cuz everyone always has the same weapons most of the time when you enter a match at high levels. If they have new cool weapons that are only available at certain times there could have some differences in players which would make the game more fun and people would look forward to updates more. Like pop gun that was available for a limited time but that weapon was weak so no high level player uses it

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnW135:

Hey i had an idea for you for tdp4. Just a suggestion. You should have weapons that are available only at a certain time period. like christmas weapons. weapons that maybe shoots showballs. and holoween weapons. weapons that look spooky or something. Many games does this so there can be difference if players instead of every player being basically the same when they reach far in the game cuz everyone always has the same weapons most of the time when you enter a match at high levels. If they have new cool weapons that are only available at certain times there could have some differences in players which would make the game more fun and people would look forward to updates more. Like pop gun that was available for a limited time but that weapon was weak so no high level player uses it

Post here.

Flag Post

change the “friends” “fans” system.

Make it like youtubes.
Subscriptions to let you know when someones uploaded a game
and a friend system where you send a friend request to be accepted or denied.

Flag Post

new tag : programing puzzle
or just ; programing
two games which i have already found deserve this tag as a special sub type of puzzle that is hard to find
The Codex of Alchemical Engineering
Jahooma’s logic box

Flag Post

I would also love a Programming tag, and I think it’s already been suggested in the Tag Suggestions thread. In the meantime, here’s a list of all of the programming-type games that I’m familiar with:

Manufactoria, Jahooma’s LogicBox, The Codex of Alchemical Engineering and The Codex of Alchemical Engineering: Magnum Opus Challenge, KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People, light-Bot and Lightbot 2.0, Talesworth Adventure Ep. 1 and Talesworth Adventure: The Lost Artifacts, and depending on how you define the category, you could probably also include Electric Box and Electric Box 2. Enjoy!

Flag Post

Allow us to chose which kind of kongregate announcements we want to get. I don’t care if I can get a free copy of a solitaire game. Just because I played it on kong doesn’t mean I want to play it on my non-existant i-product.

Basically, don’t give me advertisement I did not ask for without at least giving me the option to tell you to stop doing so from now on.

Flag Post

If people could opt out of announcements, then there would be no point in sending announcements in the first place.

Flag Post

A random game button would be nice

Flag Post
Originally posted by rowjo:

A random game button would be nice

This is an alternative.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

If people could opt out of announcements, then there would be no point in sending announcements in the first place.

Even better if they wouldn’t send them out. I rather doubt they would do that though.

Perhaps I’m just weird, but I think it’s stupid to send out ads about i-crap when you don’t even know if the person HAS an i-thing. Spam is not less spam just because it’s official.