Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 591

16506 posts

Flag Post

they usually classify it as “hard(endurance)”
but they should make a special category for total completion and badges that require tremendous time(endurance. not necessarily same as total completion)

Flag Post

i have an idea, i often find a good game, but searching for a related game with one tag makes searching much harder, should make a ‘related game search’ button so you can search for games kon (or players) think are simliar/related to the game you are playing.

Flag Post

I think we should be able to have the online friends list shown in alphabetical order and/or able to be sorted by room. Would make things much more convenient, and look more clean and appealing.

[I also think Skittles should be grouped by color.]

Flag Post

Maybe you could make another game file for upgrade games i love them but they are hard to find.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tairanor:

Maybe you could make another game file for upgrade games i love them but they are hard to find.

There’s a tag for that: http://www.kongregate.com/upgrades-games

Flag Post

I’d love to see a “dim the lights” feature. Make it so we can darken the bright white background so the game is the main focus. This would help especially when playing at night in low light.

Flag Post

I would like to be able to remove posts on my wall that deal with multiple people friending me, you can remove posts if a single person friends you but when multiple people friend you in a short time period they’re grouped up and there is no remove button for the group, the grouping needs a remove button or they need not be grouped that way they can be deleted. I have two groups of random people friending me i’d like to remove the post saying they did such but can’t.

Flag Post

Kongregate should have a Mod-Request PM to admins…as there are plently of responsible users out there, and to name one off that bck “Candybutt”.

Flag Post
Originally posted by YukonLSF2:

Kongregate should have a Mod-Request PM to admins…as there are plently of responsible users out there, and to name one off that bck “Candybutt”.

What’s that even mean? Do you mean a change to the way that moderators are appointed?

Flag Post

Would like that inline chat advertisement to be optional for K+. It’s rather irritating, to the point that I manually “inspect element” and remove it. For clarification, right now it’s the “Fairway Solitaire” one.

Flag Post

how about Chatwatch? simply enough, in the sidebar game chats, when you can click any name on the list of people in the room, add an option to activate Chatwatch, where it will turn the name of that person green. or really, any other color. but that way, were not skimming the, sometimes, fast moving chat log looking for a name for the people we are talking to

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

It’s about marketing to a target audience. The average person on Kong is more likely to be interested in technology in general, and is more likely to own such technological devices. I don’t personally have one either, but I’m still not bothered by the announcement.

Your logic fails. Assuming the ‘average person on Kong is more likely to be interested in technology in general’… then they’re going to be more likely to own anything other than an idevice. You can’t be techie and still like apple products.

Flag Post

Since my thread was rudely locked, I will repeat my suggestion relating to multiplayer games. Apparently someone thinks admins look at this thread. Call me crazy, but I doubt that.

Put all Hot New Multiplayer Games in a separate “window” from the Hot New Games, which will include only Single Player games. The same should go for “Most Played Games” and “Top Games This Month.”

Everyone’s happy – people like me who hate the infestation of cash-grab MMOs, and those who play them. In fact, if we had this system, I’d be more inclined to check out some of those MMOs because they wouldn’t be in a mishmash with everything else.

Flag Post

In the expanded view of /games/username, add a sub-section for games that the user has contributed to.

Flag Post

There needs to be a mute button for ads. Annoying the hell out of potential customers is not a good advertising strategy.

Flag Post

Sort the “Items” tab in the Awards section on a player’s full profile page in reverse chronologigal order (newest first), like the other two tabs “Awards” and “Cards” already are.

Flag Post

How about contest and kreds and merchant for rewards.The contests would be like best games or most posts and stuff like that.Oh and videos would he nice too.I’m sure many people would like videos like eddsworld and those asdfv movies.And a few more forum types like TV/MOVIE/BOOKS would be good for us too.

Flag Post

I ment to say merch as in merchandise not merchantI

Flag Post

Kongregate regularly holds contests with merchandise as rewards. Since tipping will soon be removed, I’m sure kreds will be given as prizes soon too. :D

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I’ve noticed that lately theres a really high ratio of mmo games being featured. Maybe I’m the only one that feels this way, but it’s really making me visit kong much less. I used to come here for the great indie flash games and the fun of the challenges and badges. Now it seems like half the new badge and feature games are pay games. On top of that, the majority of said games are pretty much clones of each other. Either the cutesy RPG, which starts out fun and easy but quickly escalates the difficulty to the point where you pretty much have to buy some powerups to progress (cloudstone, dream world, sacred seasons, etc etc), or the city/army managment games (caesary, evony, et al.), where again, it starts of easy and quick but in no time youre either buying power up items or waiting days for things to build or upgrade.
Now before everybody points this out, yes, these games are playable without making any purchases, if you have the time and patience to wait and grind. But that’s not the average casual flash game player. I come here to see the newest offerings from the likes of toge, joey betts, and others too numerous to mention, but people that take the time to create a great game for the love of the medium, not to make a quick buck. There seems to be less and less of that here. There’s a million sites out there that are more than happy to take your credit card info and give you generic, flat games. There’s far fewer sites that feature quality independant games and developers, and of those, i always found kong to be the best of the bunch. At least i used to… seems the times they are a changin’.

Flag Post

There’s far more to Kong that what’s featured.

But the reason why there are more such games being featured—is because there are more of those games being made. Kong can’t do anything about the trend of developers making games that are more profitable for them… they can only react to what the developers (and obviously players, otherwise the games wouldn’t be as popular as they are) want.

Flag Post

I think it would be a good idea to put a small bar to make favorite games easier to get to. When I’m playing a game that takes multiple days to complete, like The Grinns Tale, I tend to forget I was even playing it if I’m off for more than a few days or so. Then I remember about a month later and pick up from there, only to start the cycle over again. Perhaps a little favorites tab at the profile bar at the top? That way, I can just look up and go, “Oh, I was messing around on Grinns Tale; I guess I should continue that.” It would be very convenient.

Flag Post

You could always favorite the game and come back to it later.

Flag Post

“Remove all posts from this user” button on another user’s post on our own profile page, just in case. ^^