Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 593

16547 posts

Flag Post

I hope this fits here, but I just wanted to throw my support behind the development of more downloadable games, I really like the idea. The current crop doesn’t suit my tastes, but I still want to show my support for the idea. Thank you and as always good job with your work on the site, I love it here. :)

Flag Post

Delete the MMOs.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ne0pets22:

Delete the MMOs.

Only if we can also delete all the puzzle-platformers.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:
Originally posted by ne0pets22:

Delete the MMOs.

Only if we can also delete all the puzzle-platformers.

With the puzzle platformers, there’s at least some variation and gameplay. There is nothing in the MMOs.

Flag Post

In your opinion.*

Flag Post

Erm maybe have tags for achievements?

Flag Post

When I look at the comments I have made, from my profile, I would really like to:
A) Go to the comment on the page that it is on, as it may be behind 1000 new comments or
B) see how many likes/dislikes there have been on the comment.

Flag Post

There was a change a few months ago that made multiplayer rooms hidden if they weren’t in use for over 24 hours. That’s great, it definitely cut down on the noise and helped consolidate everything. But is it possible to keep at least the first (#1) room always available, even if no one uses it for 24 hours? For example, Just Trolling doesn’t force you into the room when you open the game. Since no one’s chosen to enter the room for 1 day, it’s been hidden and now no one ever can access the room again.

Flag Post

I have a suggestion that might have been suggested before, but I’m going to suggest it anyway:

Allowing other people to invite other people into your K+ chatroom (but only people you allow to invite other people, not just anyone who joins the room).

Flag Post

Couldn’t be bothered going through 594 pages of posts to see if this suggestion was already made.
But searching for games should be easier.

For example, When typing something in the Search Games & More, and you click >> More Results, You should be able to apply filters in case your not really sure what your looking for, but only have a general idea. So you can filter for badges, genre and what not. Sure you could do that via the badges page as well, but that lacks a bit of accuracy in the search.

And in the badges page I would like to see Tower Defence Games split up from the Defence and Strategy section. Or have those games where you run a shop in a different section, like papa’s pizzaria. With Defence & Strategy I would think of wargames and tower defence games, rather then running a shop.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Subosi:

Couldn’t be bothered going through 594 pages of posts to see if this suggestion was already made.
But searching for games should be easier.

For example, When typing something in the Search Games & More, and you click >> More Results, You should be able to apply filters in case your not really sure what your looking for, but only have a general idea. So you can filter for badges, genre and what not. Sure you could do that via the badges page as well, but that lacks a bit of accuracy in the search.

And in the badges page I would like to see Tower Defence Games split up from the Defence and Strategy section. Or have those games where you run a shop in a different section, like papa’s pizzaria. With Defence & Strategy I would think of wargames and tower defence games, rather then running a shop.

I was thinking the exact same thing as this guy basically. I love playing “Tycoon” games, and I want to search for games of those which have badges. I’m not sure if it is possible, but from the things I have tried, all I can do is search for Tycoon games and look for games with badges. (Which isn’t a huge hassle, I ain’t complaining. It’s just a suggestion)

Flag Post

Remove the rating section from comments please. I am sick of seeing morons downrate comments just because they do not agree with the comment or if somebody asks a question. Even really great comments saying why they like/dislike a comment get downrated. I’ve even had a recent comment downrated just because I said the hit rate in the new Arkandian Explorer game was much lower than what was stated % wise.

Flag Post

I’m feeling like there used to be personal records on Kongregate… from what I am remembering that is. I feel like there used to be a section under points which showed your Top 5 Most Points in a Day/Week/Month (With the dates of the accomplishments) and the same for badges. I think this should be re-added (If it was here before, according to my memory) or added. Just a suggestion though.

Flag Post

I remember that also Shoru500 I liked having that there. I wonder why they took that away!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shoru500:

I’m feeling like there used to be personal records on Kongregate… from what I am remembering that is. I feel like there used to be a section under points which showed your Top 5 Most Points in a Day/Week/Month (With the dates of the accomplishments) and the same for badges. I think this should be re-added (If it was here before, according to my memory) or added. Just a suggestion though.

As in “Most badges earned in a day: 23 on Nov. 5, 2009”?

If so, that never existed at any point that I was here (since September 2008). This site shows it, though, but only for the top day and month.

Flag Post

Soraen
Nov. 19, 2012
Under rating threshold (hide)
Suprised you don’t have to fill up the popcorn or soda manually.
+- (-3)

Going alongside my previous post here’s an example of people being idiots with downrating comments. This is off the new Papa Louie game.

Flag Post

The reward for rating games is too small. I forget to rate them. It woukd be nice if the reward was 2 instead of 1.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Garion:

The reward for rating games is too small. I forget to rate them. It woukd be nice if the reward was 2 instead of 1.

It used to be 5, back in 2007 before the first badges were added.

The point is, though, increasing the reward for rating would only encourage more spam-rating (i.e. rating for points without actually playing the game) than already exists with the current reward. In fact, some people have proposed completely removing points for ratings for exactly this reason.

Flag Post

Being level 63 (only with badges), spending a really huge cash in Kreds… I don’t know. Being outside US, we can’t get Powerup Rewards, so this leveling seems to give no rewards at all. I’m almost at the level cap and I’ve never seen anything simple, like those things of Kong Plus, of a reward. This makes me a little bit sad as if we, players from outside US, were less important.

Being that said, I wish some things would be considered:

Kong plus for $30,00 each year, for a browser game website (even it being the best), is a little bit too high, specialy for users of weaker currencies (making this 30 bucks a big deal of cash here) and that is said considering the rewards. You could make this for an eternal membership, $10,00 a year, half of the $30,00 in Kreds, one year free K+ for users that spend over $100 in Kreds (this last one would be GREAT), well, just make it a little more accessible. After Gamestop bought Kongregate, it seems the website lost a little bit of its worldy touch.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aurian:

Increase the character limit of private messages. 2000 characters is really short, and it’s rather inconvenient when you have friends you communicate with through private message.

I get that Kong is primarily a game-site, but I wish you guys would realize that not every user loves chat and that your other ways of communication are equally important for other kinds of crowds. Forums/PMs come across as less important, which is a shame.

I agree.

Flag Post

Suggestion: create the option to edit the title of an Art/Sound, instead of just the description and tags.

Flag Post

Papa’s Hot Doggeria – Badge Suggestions

This is just totally random, but maybe

“Chicago Style” ?
-Serve 5 Hot dogs with a Chicago Bun
-Easy 5 Points

Or something around there, ya know? xP

Flag Post

There should be a “delete/edit comment”-feature here…
Kongregate needs it. It SUCKS when I mistype. Can’t do anything! Except repost a new version.

Flag Post
Originally posted by oppositio1:

Kongregate needs it. It SUCKS when I mistype. Can’t do anything! Except repost a new version.

It’s underneath your post count. They really need to make it larger. I didn’t know it existed until like last year.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kegfarms:
Originally posted by oppositio1:

It’s underneath your post count. They really need to make it larger. I didn’t know it existed until like last year.

He was referring to comments, not forum posts. Comments are non-editable.