Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 594

16369 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aurian:

Increase the character limit of private messages. 2000 characters is really short, and it’s rather inconvenient when you have friends you communicate with through private message.

I get that Kong is primarily a game-site, but I wish you guys would realize that not every user loves chat and that your other ways of communication are equally important for other kinds of crowds. Forums/PMs come across as less important, which is a shame.

I agree.

Flag Post

Suggestion: create the option to edit the title of an Art/Sound, instead of just the description and tags.

Flag Post

Papa’s Hot Doggeria – Badge Suggestions

This is just totally random, but maybe

“Chicago Style” ?
-Serve 5 Hot dogs with a Chicago Bun
-Easy 5 Points

Or something around there, ya know? xP

Flag Post

There should be a “delete/edit comment”-feature here…
Kongregate needs it. It SUCKS when I mistype. Can’t do anything! Except repost a new version.

Flag Post
Originally posted by oppositio1:

Kongregate needs it. It SUCKS when I mistype. Can’t do anything! Except repost a new version.

It’s underneath your post count. They really need to make it larger. I didn’t know it existed until like last year.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kegfarms:

It’s underneath your post count. They really need to make it larger. I didn’t know it existed until like last year.

He was referring to comments, not forum posts. Comments are non-editable.

Flag Post

Where’s your post count on a comment?

Flag Post

calvin, he misunderstood.

Flag Post

They should add an option to change your username if you don’t like it. I created this account 4 years ago in 2008 when I was 9 years old. I don’t remember why I chose this username, I probably just thought it sounded cool. Anyway, I’m 13 years old now and I don’t like my username, but I don’t want to create a new account since this account is Level 16 and has all my badges and stuff on it.

Flag Post

Unfortunately, ZeKillerOfGod, it creates a lot of broken links. As well, the server’s data tables would look like swiss cheese and it’d cause a lot of corruption and instability.

You’re more then welcome to make a new account, though.

Flag Post

Do you mean game comments, as in reviews.
I have needed to edit or correct myself in the past, then I found out if I go to my profile page, click on the comments # link, it shows all comments posted, it has a delete function, simply copy your message before deleting, go back to the game, paste, edit mistakes ect, done.

If you don’t mean game comments, ignore my comment!

Edit —> I should have quoted Darkboy5846.

Flag Post

an option for increasing the size of the games would be appreciated
thx

Flag Post

im thinking maybe there should be an OPTION where you CAN (if you want to) be able to change any your AD Revenue into Kreds, because people like me who wants Kreds, but arent expecting to get there AD Revenue up to $25 would like an option like this. Currently i have $9.95 in my AD Revenue and I really want kreds, but i am doubtful that i will get up to $25 in the near future, so an Option for this would be great. So if someone wants the kreds can, and those who dont want it dont have to get the kreds :).

Flag Post
Originally posted by MonoR1:

thx

Ctrl and mouse wheel or Ctrl and+ will enlarge you game :)

Flag Post

i have a request, in the next chat update can something be done about the underline on users names in chat? a G looks like a Q and a lot of people are getting it wrong all over the place, not just with my name but quite a few others, its cropping up every few days,

just a little break in the line over the lower part of the letter would be nice

ever time i see tiqoda it breaks my heart a little

Flag Post

thx

I’d rather see an option for decreasing the size of games. I’ve never seen a game that I wished was bigger (with the exception of Run Elephant Run), but I’ve seen dozens of games (mainly MMOs) that I wished were smaller.

And yes, someone’s probably going to suggest Ctrl and the – key, but that cuts off a portion of the game window, making some games unplayable (Galaxy Online being the most recent example).

Flag Post

On some games, you can right click and click “Show all” to be able to see the whole thing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ZeKillerOfGod:

They should add an option to change your username if you don’t like it. I created this account 4 years ago in 2008 when I was 9 years old. I don’t remember why I chose this username, I probably just thought it sounded cool. Anyway, I’m 13 years old now and I don’t like my username, but I don’t want to create a new account since this account is Level 16 and has all my badges and stuff on it.

For the record, it is probably a bad idea to admit to everyone that you joined this website under-aged.
Originally posted by racefan12:

I’d rather see an option for decreasing the size of games. I’ve never seen a game that I wished was bigger (with the exception of Run Elephant Run), but I’ve seen dozens of games (mainly MMOs) that I wished were smaller.

And yes, someone’s probably going to suggest Ctrl and the – key, but that cuts off a portion of the game window, making some games unplayable (Galaxy Online being the most recent exam

I actually find it rare that I don’t increase the size of my game, but that may just be my thing. It does, at times, make the quality worse and hard to read the chat but it does have many benefits. Especially with games involving very accurate reflexes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:
Originally posted by Shoru500:

I’m feeling like there used to be personal records on Kongregate… from what I am remembering that is. I feel like there used to be a section under points which showed your Top 5 Most Points in a Day/Week/Month (With the dates of the accomplishments) and the same for badges. I think this should be re-added (If it was here before, according to my memory) or added. Just a suggestion though.

As in “Most badges earned in a day: 23 on Nov. 5, 2009”?

If so, that never existed at any point that I was here (since September 2008). This site shows it, though, but only for the top day and month.

Yeah, I dunno if it did exist, but I felt like it might have. Probably didn’t though, as I don’t see why they would take it out.

Anyway, that site is pretty good. Thanks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DaddyNZ:

thx

Ctrl and mouse wheel or Ctrl and+ will enlarge you game :)

TYVM mister, i always hated this zoom option of chrome for not letting me increasing only the font size, like firefox, but all the pages elements, but it came handy at least.
cheers

Flag Post

Thought of a great idea for Kongregate. how about change the recommended games to games we haven’t played? that kind of bugs me.

Flag Post

Here is an idea worth considering, or so I think. What of badges for the Kongregate site as a whole? Here’s some examples:
Have__number of friends
Play__number of game each day
Play for__ total minutes
Obtain__number easy(interchangeable with:medium, hard, impossible) badges
Post__number times in forums
Comment on number of games
number of games
I can think of many more to put on here as well.

Note:__ can be for example:10, 25, 50, 100(depending on badge requirements).

Flag Post

Most of those just encourage spam.

Flag Post

Make your own shouts not show up as a unread message.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ehaugw:

Make your own shouts not show up as a unread message.

Yes please. Minor bug, but annoying :P