Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 599

16601 posts

Flag Post

Hello.

I think you should unite the two norwegian chatrooms, and name it Jotunheimen. Currently there is almost no activity in Ullsokken.

Flag Post

Add a “Suspicious Badge/Points Activity” report option. I think it’s a huge issue that is going unnoticed by the vast majority of people because it’s more or less ignored. I know it’s a tough issue, especially when it comes to finding the people that are doing it (you either need to stalk the high scores or randomly stumble upon their profile and notice), but that’s an issue in itself.

At least with an abuse option, it raises some awareness and on the back-end (I imagine they’re sorted by category, or some sort of organizational system) it gives the community administrators a better, more efficient way to handle the reports and can address them better/more clearly/quicker.

Flag Post
Originally posted by poisonthewell:

i would like to see chat rooms based on ages for example 20’s,30’s,40’s/etc chat rooms so people like me can deal with people in my own age range.

There’s absolutely no way to regulate it, use a K+ private room.

Flag Post

I would like to see a tag added for “programming” games like Light-Bot, Manufactoria, KOHCTPYKTOP, etc. It’s definitely a distinct genre, beyond the “puzzle” tag that all of those games are currently shoehorned into.

Flag Post
Originally posted by geekahedron:

I would like to see a tag added for “programming” games like Light-Bot, Manufactoria, KOHCTPYKTOP, etc. It’s definitely a distinct genre, beyond the “puzzle” tag that all of those games are currently shoehorned into.

You can use the Tag Suggestions thread for that. I’d like to see that tag, actually, since I enjoy those kind of games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

You can use the Tag Suggestions thread for that. I’d like to see that tag, actually, since I enjoy those kind of games.

Oops! I came here looking for a “suggestions” thread and found it without checking out the rest of the stickies. Thanks.

Flag Post

If your going to have advertisement links in the achievements area or near the game window please make them open in a new window. I’m probably not the only one playing on a touch pad. Its really annoying when I click outside of it and lose all my progress.

Flag Post

The “Recommended Games” list on the front page. It recommends games to me if I rate them highly. The problem with that is that I rate games whether they are good or not, not whether I like them. For example, there might be a well crafted shooter on kongregate that’s highly polished and I appreciate it, so I give it a 4 or 5 star depending on how well the game plays. However, I do not give it a 4 or 5 star because I like it.

I look in the “Recommended Games” list and I see games that I would honestly hate to play, but I’m sure have merit.

In addition to that, the most frequent occurrence of games in the “Recommended Games” list are games that I have already played, even liked, but haven’t rated either because I forgot, or just because I frequently don’t scroll down to notice the “give this game a star” feature.

So in conclusion, I think there should be a different way for figuring out which games a user might want to play other than its rating. And games that have already been played but not rated shouldn’t appear in the “Recommended Games” list.

Flag Post

I was thinking something around the lines of a "Play Later" type of feature. Sometimes, there’s a game you’re not done with, you think you may want to play it again later, but you don’t have the time right now. Play Later would be kind of like YouTube’s Watch Later, where it composes a list of videos (in this case, games) that you put under there to be used later.

Also, 600 pages / 15000 posts!

Flag Post
Originally posted by pika493:

I was thinking something around the lines of a "Play Later" type of feature. Sometimes, there’s a game you’re not done with, you think you may want to play it again later, but you don’t have the time right now. Play Later would be kind of like YouTube’s Watch Later, where it composes a list of videos (in this case, games) that you put under there to be used later.

You can use the recently played feature.

Flag Post

Kongregate needs a solution to gaming, occupations and definently safer chats because some people are sick in da head! What do you say?

Flag Post

So in conclusion, I think there should be a different way for figuring out which games a user might want to play other than its rating.

What other way is there?

Flag Post
Originally posted by bennyboosh:

Kongregate needs a solution to gaming, occupations and definently safer chats because some people are sick in da head! What do you say?

There is, muting.

Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:
Originally posted by pika493:

You can use the recently played feature.

Yes, but the recently played feature only goes for so long.

Originally posted by bennyboosh:

You can report a user, or simply mute if they’re chat flooding.

Flag Post

Is it just me or does the " Hot new games" rarely update?

Flag Post
Originally posted by strongbull2k:

Is it just me or does the " Hot new games" rarely update?

They’re updated manually, so they’ll only change whenever the admins get around to changing them.

Flag Post

The “GAME” tab shows the 2 most recently played games.

Flag Post

We should have a forum reputation system implemented with a forum signature. So basically, the more rep you get, the more your signature grows.

Flag Post
Originally posted by oOTrentOo:

We should have a forum reputation system implemented with a forum signature. So basically, the more rep you get, the more your signature grows.

Elaborate.

Flag Post
Originally posted by VaultBoyz:
Originally posted by oOTrentOo:

Elaborate.

I think he means something like a system where you can thumbs-up posts, and the amount of thumbs-up you have affects the length of a signature you can have below your posts.

I’m not a huge fan of having signatures below posts, as it’d be breaking the flow of threads (I like being able to go from one post to the next without a break in between), and can be a little spammy (when a signature is longer than the post it accompanies, there’s something wrong). However, I’ve always advocated having something in the grey box to the left, since there’s often a lot of blank space there that could have something put into it (like this post, for example, there’s quite a bit of space there).

For a reputation system, again I’m not a fan, as it can be abused (alternate accounts and such), and generally isn’t that necessary (I’m a fan of having a simpler looking and functioning forums).

Flag Post

I don’t know if this is already available and I don’t know it, but a random game feature would be nice. I have often come here and been left flustered, like when you look at your fridge and you don’t feel like anything.

Flag Post

There’s this, but that’s about it.

Flag Post

Tag searcher. input tags that apply to a game you would like to play.( for example you want to play a specific game so in the search bar you put the specific tags belonging to that kind of game, such as space, action,, shooter, upgrades) That allows you to find more specific kinds of gamesthat belong to your taste.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kabloosh22:

Tag searcher. input tags that apply to a game you would like to play.( for example you want to play a specific game so in the search bar you put the specific tags belonging to that kind of game, such as space, action,, shooter, upgrades) That allows you to find more specific kinds of gamesthat belong to your taste.

You can sort of do that already, but it’s a little more manual. You can edit the url of a games page to get to such things as space games, action games, shooter games, and upgrades games, basically any tag that already exists on the site.

I’m not sure of a place on the site to just see them all, other than going to the “add and vote on tags” button below a game, but there was a list posted here with them all (courtesy of adv0catus).

Flag Post

When you flag a post, you are given the opportunity to explain your reason for flagging it. Please add this functionality to flagging games. There’s no guarantee that the administrator who checks flagged games knows what to look for, especially if the problem isn’t all over the comments (and we aren’t supposed to post accusations of theft in the comments). If there’s evidence that a game is stolen, I’d like to include it. If there is something really objectionable hidden in the game, I’d like to point out where to look. If a game has some sort of phishing scheme built in, I’d like to directly alert you without having to go through alternate points of contact.