Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 599

16379 posts

Flag Post

В игре НЕБЕСА срочно нужны модераторы в чат на Русском языке! Очень много ругательств!!!

Flag Post

m.kongregate.com

• It still displays ads for K+ users.
  • There’s broken/loose code for the “Prev” button on the first page.
  • An option to do more then just play some games would be really nice. A stripped down version of the forums and messages (PM/shouts) would be amazing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

m.kongregate.com

• An option to do more then just play some games would be really nice. A stripped down version of the forums and messages (PM/shouts) would be amazing.

For messages, the Kongregate Arcade does a great job of allowing that, and for forums, the Kongregate Mobile Forums does a good job of allowing that functionality.

Flag Post

I’m using an iOS device and there’s nothing in the App Store, so it’d still be nice if the mobile website was updated. It’ll become harder and harder (even/especially for Android devices) to make those apps compatible. They’re neat, and I wish I could use them, but they’re (rapidly) becoming obsolete.

Flag Post

Will they ever make guilds like are they working on making guilds for non-plus members?Maybye add a guild room to im just asking like share your news and badges with them and tell them in your guild chat.Thank you if yall are working on that. :-)

Flag Post
Originally posted by tristan876:

Will they ever make guilds like are they working on making guilds for non-plus members?Maybye add a guild room to im just asking like share your news and badges with them and tell them in your guild chat. Thank you if yall are working on that. :-)

Why could you not to this in a regular chat room? If you mean private rooms they are one of the, if not the, best part of kong+. Giving them out to everyone wouldn’t be a good idea.

Flag Post

I’m suggesting something along the lines of a +1 button.

You’ve seen annoying people post “+1” and you may have seen the thumbs up button on Facebook. It’s exactly like that.

The feature would be by the person post count and it allows other users to “Thumb Up” or “+1” a persons post to either show it was a good post or simply show that it was read and acknowledged by others.

-I feel this would help because it would reduce the amount of useless posts that people do such as “I agree” or the famous “+1”.
-It’s a great way to show others that someone’s post is important by the number of +1 is has.

-Can also include a feature if someone gets to many negative votes, the post is hidden or faded out due to negativity or rudeness.

Flag Post

I was wondering how many people like the idea of adding the ability for one to change his/her’s text color and text style in the chat rooms? Rooms can get pretty chaotic and confusing when you have dozens of people chatting about multiple subjects. I think this feature will greatly help people keep track of who’s saying what, and maybe make things less chaotic.

Flag Post
Originally posted by scottsouth:

Sounds incredibly spammy.

Flag Post

When editing my profile, I noticed there were spaces for an Xbox Gamertag, a PSN Username, and a Twitter account.

I suggest two further spaces to be filled: Deviantart and Soundcloud.

I know that the arts & sounds on Kongregate are being phased out, and it was suggested that we upload our works to Deviantart and Soundcloud instead. If we were given spaces on our profiles to link to these sites, then it would allow us to easily link to our works.

Flag Post

Although Kong has blocked certain tags (such as , , <script>, etc.) for obvious reasons, I feel that and can be pretty useful tags, especially for organization purposes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AlextheGreat13:

When editing my profile, I noticed there were spaces for an Xbox Gamertag, a PSN Username, and a Twitter account.

I suggest two further spaces to be filled: Deviantart and Soundcloud.

I know that the arts & sounds on Kongregate are being phased out, and it was suggested that we upload our works to Deviantart and Soundcloud instead. If we were given spaces on our profiles to link to these sites, then it would allow us to easily link to our works.

But what about all the other art and sound sharing sites available? Maybe it would be better to have a space for a general link to the user’s art or sound sharing site.

Flag Post

Hello.

I think you should unite the two norwegian chatrooms, and name it Jotunheimen. Currently there is almost no activity in Ullsokken.

Flag Post

Add a “Suspicious Badge/Points Activity” report option. I think it’s a huge issue that is going unnoticed by the vast majority of people because it’s more or less ignored. I know it’s a tough issue, especially when it comes to finding the people that are doing it (you either need to stalk the high scores or randomly stumble upon their profile and notice), but that’s an issue in itself.

At least with an abuse option, it raises some awareness and on the back-end (I imagine they’re sorted by category, or some sort of organizational system) it gives the community administrators a better, more efficient way to handle the reports and can address them better/more clearly/quicker.

Flag Post
Originally posted by poisonthewell:

i would like to see chat rooms based on ages for example 20’s,30’s,40’s/etc chat rooms so people like me can deal with people in my own age range.

There’s absolutely no way to regulate it, use a K+ private room.

Flag Post

I would like to see a tag added for “programming” games like Light-Bot, Manufactoria, KOHCTPYKTOP, etc. It’s definitely a distinct genre, beyond the “puzzle” tag that all of those games are currently shoehorned into.

Flag Post
Originally posted by geekahedron:

I would like to see a tag added for “programming” games like Light-Bot, Manufactoria, KOHCTPYKTOP, etc. It’s definitely a distinct genre, beyond the “puzzle” tag that all of those games are currently shoehorned into.

You can use the Tag Suggestions thread for that. I’d like to see that tag, actually, since I enjoy those kind of games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

You can use the Tag Suggestions thread for that. I’d like to see that tag, actually, since I enjoy those kind of games.

Oops! I came here looking for a “suggestions” thread and found it without checking out the rest of the stickies. Thanks.

Flag Post

If your going to have advertisement links in the achievements area or near the game window please make them open in a new window. I’m probably not the only one playing on a touch pad. Its really annoying when I click outside of it and lose all my progress.

Flag Post

The “Recommended Games” list on the front page. It recommends games to me if I rate them highly. The problem with that is that I rate games whether they are good or not, not whether I like them. For example, there might be a well crafted shooter on kongregate that’s highly polished and I appreciate it, so I give it a 4 or 5 star depending on how well the game plays. However, I do not give it a 4 or 5 star because I like it.

I look in the “Recommended Games” list and I see games that I would honestly hate to play, but I’m sure have merit.

In addition to that, the most frequent occurrence of games in the “Recommended Games” list are games that I have already played, even liked, but haven’t rated either because I forgot, or just because I frequently don’t scroll down to notice the “give this game a star” feature.

So in conclusion, I think there should be a different way for figuring out which games a user might want to play other than its rating. And games that have already been played but not rated shouldn’t appear in the “Recommended Games” list.

Flag Post

I was thinking something around the lines of a "Play Later" type of feature. Sometimes, there’s a game you’re not done with, you think you may want to play it again later, but you don’t have the time right now. Play Later would be kind of like YouTube’s Watch Later, where it composes a list of videos (in this case, games) that you put under there to be used later.

Also, 600 pages / 15000 posts!

Flag Post
Originally posted by pika493:

I was thinking something around the lines of a "Play Later" type of feature. Sometimes, there’s a game you’re not done with, you think you may want to play it again later, but you don’t have the time right now. Play Later would be kind of like YouTube’s Watch Later, where it composes a list of videos (in this case, games) that you put under there to be used later.

Also, 600 pages / 15000 posts!

You can use the recently played feature.

Flag Post

Kongregate needs a solution to gaming, occupations and definently safer chats because some people are sick in da head! What do you say?

Flag Post

So in conclusion, I think there should be a different way for figuring out which games a user might want to play other than its rating.

What other way is there?

Flag Post
Originally posted by bennyboosh:

Kongregate needs a solution to gaming, occupations and definently safer chats because some people are sick in da head! What do you say?

There is, muting.