Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 602

16601 posts

Flag Post

My suggestion is that the mobile kongregate actually gets some attention and receives more badges. And that the nook app is actually updated to the latest version of the mobile app.

Flag Post

They’re not badging mobile games anymore. I think that stopped around May.

They just disabled the ability to upload mobile games, too. It hasn’t been officially said, but I’m pretty sure that Kongregate is pulling out of mobile entirely.

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure somebody already suggested this, but the profile page’s feed and everything else should be slightly transparent for K+ users so that the profile skin is more visible.

Flag Post

What so you mean that we can see the whole thing?

Flag Post

Developers should have the ability to make their own games hidden.

Flag Post

Hey! What about an option to share your earned points with friends? Or is that an option already?

Flag Post

My biggest suggestion is for the “Level”
First off, I think it would be good if they were shown on the forums. Sure, I dont use them enough for people to see mine…but I think it would be nice :)
Also, maybe adding it so for every level you gain you get 1 kred for levels 1-10, 2 kreds for levels 10-20 and 3 kreds for levels 20-30, etc.

I saw that Kongregate wrote somewhere that they were thinking about what they were wanting to do with Levels to make people want to gain them. Well, that seems like a bit of a decent way :)

PS. This idea only stands if we get them for current levels aswell ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Deggerz:

Also, maybe adding it so for every level you gain you get 1 kred for levels 1-10, 2 kreds for levels 10-20 and 3 kreds for levels 20-30, etc.

I saw that Kongregate wrote somewhere that they were thinking about what they were wanting to do with Levels to make people want to gain them. Well, that seems like a bit of a decent way :)

Giving away potentially millions of dollars is not a good business move, remember kreds are money.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Deggerz:

My biggest suggestion is for the “Level”
First off, I think it would be good if they were shown on the forums. Sure, I dont use them enough for people to see mine…but I think it would be nice :)

In terms of being able to see someone’s level on the forums, if you hover over their name in their post it will show their level (and some other info). For the Kreds per level thing, it’s been suggested and shot down multiple times before for simple reasons, because Kreds are worth real money, and levels are earned for free.

About them saying they want to do something with points, it’s true, but it’s really difficult to balance it properly, because it can’t be too high of a reward, can’t be too low, can’t be worth real world money, can’t give some sort of advantage for having it, and so on.

Flag Post

I was wondering why the ‘Kongregate News’ page is no longer updated with new updates/announements or news. My suggestion is to start posting new entries once again.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheCongressman:

I was wondering why the ‘Kongregate News’ page is no longer updated with new updates/announements or news. My suggestion is to start posting new entries once again.

agreed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ruudiluca:

Developers should have the ability to make their own games hidden.

Yeees!

Flag Post
Originally posted by SilverChannel:

Also, how about an insivible mode?
People will think that you’re offline, and this would help the Moderators really much.
All of you probably know, people spam/flood the chat when a moderator is away.
And woooosh, the mod is lurking. :)
[This has been probably suggested before, I’m..sure.]

It has! :D

The admins have said not to hide out on alts then come out swinging, it’s about trying to stop the people from being flooders and making them active chatters not a temporary punishment. :)

Flag Post

I think There Should Be GOTY edition for games for people who do not know Game Of The Year
And SHould Get It Next To there game or GOTM Game Of The Month or GOTD lol Game Of The Day and also if years the date GOTY 2013 GOTM 6 13 and if game of the day would happen It would only last the day and also be a search Tag GOTY Hope u do this kong

Flag Post

I would like to see a list of games that you have all of the achievements for.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rowjo:

I think There Should Be GOTY edition for games for people who do not know Game Of The Year
And SHould Get It Next To there game or GOTM Game Of The Month or GOTD lol Game Of The Day and also if years the date GOTY 2013 GOTM 6 13 and if game of the day would happen It would only last the day and also be a search Tag GOTY Hope u do this kong

Well, the best games of the year are already identified by being part of the annual “Best of” quests. But I do think that having a note for games that have been a weekly/monthly contest winner could be a good idea.

Flag Post

With the huge increase in K+ members, why not have a K+ forum? The same thing as the one for Gamestop employees.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

With the huge increase in K+ members, why not have a K+ forum? The same thing as the one for Gamestop employees.

This sounds interesting, another reason I’d like to be a K+ Member.

Flag Post

I have a suggestion for the site. How about letting us set up multiple lists of favorite games. This way we can place fav games into personal categories. Thanks for considering it.

Flag Post

I have two suggestions.

1. That like profile skins you allow people to replace their K+ symbol by their name with symbols from their favorite games.

2. The most frustrating thing about Kongregate badge hunting is the hunting part of it. So many choices and to just go down a list means getting a ton of similar games. Would be nice to have a random badge feature with a tag filter.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Verbannon:

I have two suggestions.

1. That like profile skins you allow people to replace their K+ symbol by their name with symbols from their favorite games.

2. The most frustrating thing about Kongregate badge hunting is the hunting part of it. So many choices and to just go down a list means getting a ton of similar games. Would be nice to have a random badge feature with a tag filter.

For the first, the resolution might not allow that to be a feasible feature, and you can always use your avatar for that.

For the second, you could always use something like Badge Browser to show you all of your unearned badges and choose random ones for there, or some other user made programs that do similar things. The regular badges page on-site does have the capability to filter by genre already, though, so going to a random page from a filtered list could do what you want.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

But you don’t have anything to discuss. There’s nothing better to get from a K+ forum.

Flag Post

I can totally see a +100 page, intense debate about the fact that Golden Bacon is superior to Honey Badger.

Flag Post

I could see the merit of having a Kong+ only forum, but then again I also see the merit of just keeping all Kong+ discussion to the thread already in this forum. On one hand, if enough people continue to get Kong+ and if some more features get added, it might be better to have a thread for each, so a forum of its own might be better, but for now I can still see the one thread doing its job.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Terence22205:

Owners of threads should be able to delete posts in their own threads.

This prevents waiting hours for a mod to maybe remove posts that are meant to derail.

I have never seen a forum where this has been used, nor do I want to, as it would be easily abusable, and you could tilt the discussion of a forum to what you want it to be, and in most cases that would not be a good idea (such as in Serious Discussion, it’s better to have the broad opinion of everyone than just what the poster wants).