Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 603

16589 posts

Flag Post

What you’re suggesting is just a different version of the “only let certain people view threads” idea. There’s nothing to stop you from just deleting every post from certain users.

Flag Post

Trying to bring this back from the dead Kong: A feature on the Homepage that shows a “Random Game”. Or a feature on the Homepage that could bring you to a badged game. This would help me a lot. It’s how I found my favorite game on Kongregate before the feature was removed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Terence22205:
Originally posted by Pokerpo:

Trying to bring this back from the dead Kong: A feature on the Homepage that shows a “Random Game”. Or a feature on the Homepage that could bring you to a badged game. This would help me a lot. It’s how I found my favorite game on Kongregate before the feature was removed.

I like this.

Yay.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

I could see the merit of having a Kong+ only forum, but then again I also see the merit of just keeping all Kong+ discussion to the thread already in this forum. On one hand, if enough people continue to get Kong+ and if some more features get added, it might be better to have a thread for each, so a forum of its own might be better, but for now I can still see the one thread doing its job.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense:

• Direct feedback for any potential changes to K+
  • Used as a marketing tool to help draw in and retain non-Kong PUR members (like the Gamestop forum)
  • Direct feed back to beta developers and more detailed discussion
  • Gives K+ users a little closer connection to moderators/administrators
  • If any K+-only promos/deals were to take place in the future, it’d be a more appropriate place to announce it (read: no ultra intense forum rage from everyone non-K+/hates K+)
  • Any assorted K+-related issues that I can’t think of off the top of my head (either tech support, general chat, or whatever)

Flag Post

Maybe one more filter category add here, for games which were not rated yet by the user, with subsequent “newest first” and “oldest first”:

http://i.imgur.com/AWOYcYX.jpg

Like the filters which allow to sort out already (un)earned badges. 60K+ games is an enormous number! :D Really can’t imagine a comfortable way to browse through them and sort out games I definitely won’t play again. Rating games and filtering comes to mind.

If there’s another way atm plz don’t keep it a secret! :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Player609:

Maybe one more filter category add here, for games which were not rated yet by the user, with subsequent “newest first” and “oldest first”:

http://i.imgur.com/AWOYcYX.jpg

Like the filters which allow to sort out already (un)earned badges. 60K+ games is an enormous number! :D Really can’t imagine a comfortable way to browse through them and sort out games I definitely won’t play again. Rating games and filtering comes to mind.

If there’s another way atm plz don’t keep it a secret! :)

I would absolutely love a feature to show only unrated games (maybe not a filter, but a checkbox to make it compatible with the already existing dropdown sorts). There exists one for searching mobile games on the Kong app, so I can’t see why there shouldn’t be one n the main site (and recommended games doesn’t count, since it either never shows me unrated games, or only shows me games uploaded a week prior).

Flag Post

Since things like this happen (sorry, not trying to single you out), why not have a “Welcome to Kongregate” tutorial? It could show the basic but key aspects of the site: profile, chat, forums and badges. It could (read: should) end in this.

It could be opt-out, but I think it should be required. It’d only be a few minutes, so for a regular, new user, it’d be no big deal, just informative, but for alts, it would be a deterrent.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

It could show the basic but key aspects of the site: profile, chat, forums and badges.

I find it hilarious how in the aspects you listed, none of them are the main point of Kongregate, a gaming website. :P

Though, I guess badges could sort of qualify as that, but eh.

Flag Post

Kongregate is social gaming. ;)

Flag Post

Okay, social gaming, then. Based on that, I assume the site to be half-social and half-gaming. Yet you list three social aspects and only one gaming aspect. :(

/pointlessDiscussion

Flag Post

Direct feedback for any potential changes to K+

You only need one thread for this.

Used as a marketing tool to help draw in and retain non-Kong PUR members (like the Gamestop forum)

Might be feasible, but it’s way less useful/needed than private rooms in terms of posting contents.

Direct feed back to beta developers and more detailed discussion

That is if the beta dev even use the forum. Comment section can already provide criticisms/suggestions efficiently since it doesn’t have as much comment traffic as a non-beta game.

Gives K+ users a little closer connection to moderators/administrators

How does that work?

If any K+-only promos/deals were to take place in the future, it’d be a more appropriate place to announce it (read: no ultra intense forum rage from everyone non-K+/hates K+)

Why would you place it there? Then people who don’t have K+ won’t be able to see the promo and possibly buying them.

Any assorted K+-related issues that I can’t think of off the top of my head (either tech support, general chat, or whatever)

Back to your first point. Could be done in one single thread.

Flag Post

To be fair, the main point of the site is whatever people want it to be, so for some it’s the games, for others it’s the chat, for others it’s the forums, and so on.

As for the suggestion at hand, I agree that some sort of introductory thing would be nice, or at least making it a little more prominent than putting it all in the footer where not many people look.

Flag Post

Make it so we get 9999999999^999999999999999999999^ kreds for reaching level 66.

Flag Post
Originally posted by calvindang:

Make it so we get 9999999999^999999999999999999999^ kreds for reaching level 66.

If and when the level cap is raised, 66 won’t really require all that many points (under 40,000 for sure), and even though this is probably not a serious suggestion, Kreds will most likely never be given for leveling up, as it’s worth real money (however, with the removal of tips, it won’t really be open to abuse as it was before, so it’s not as out of the question as it used to be).

Flag Post

Then raise the level you need to get your kreds to level cap+1. It’s pretty simple.

Flag Post
Originally posted by calvindang:

This is already implemented.

Flag Post

maybe a feature to search or filter results so that i can search the discussion forums if i want to without all the game forums and games in the results

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galdos:

maybe a feature to search or filter results so that i can search the discussion forums if i want to without all the game forums and games in the results

If you add the name of the forum or the index of the forum to your search query it will filter down to just that forum, or if you add “discussion” to your query it will show results from every forum.

Flag Post

A better search engine is always a welcome addition but, until then, you can use BlackBone’s personalized Google search engine. Just type the forum section and the topic you’re searching for in the box and you’re done. Since the search engine is designed to only show forum results, superfluous pages such as comments or games shouldn’t appear.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SilverChannel:

Yesterday I thought about a “follow/visit” button.Lemme explain!
Your friend is online, and you want to follow/visit him/her, to the game he’s/she’s playing right now, so you’ll have a chance to contact him/her from the chatroom.That’s all, would be really useful in my opinion, and easy to make?
I guess so.

If your friends are online, looking at your friends list will provide a link to join them in the room they’re in, and if you don’t want to just go to the room they’re in, you can whisper them in chat by saying “/w [username] [message]” in the chat, and you’ll be able to talk to them from any room.

EDIT @below: No problem.

Flag Post

I have a suggestion(and I’m being serious):

let people post their own views on subjects without removing their comments or banning them

because whenever i post something in SD, and someone disagrees with my view point, my comments seem to always get removed. (I think I’m being harassed by one of the mods)

what is the point in having a forum if we cant discuss topics and share all our different views.

ridiculous. please tell them to stop.
please

Flag Post

let people post their own views on subjects without removing their comments or banning them

because whenever i post something in SD, and someone disagrees with my view point, my comments seem to always get removed. (I think I’m being harassed by one of the mods)

what is the point in having a forum if we cant discuss topics and share all our different views.

please

Make sure to follow the SD Forum Guidelines first and foremost. I’m not sure what kind of things you’re talking about exactly, since I don’t visit SD often, but it’s one of the places where they’re very particular about the kind of discussions that take place, so you have to be more careful than some other forums here.

Flag Post

please

As 123 said, the SD guidelines are stricter to preserve the integrity of the forum as it invites discussion on various topics that can polarize people. Don’t show up in threads (including bumping 2 year old threads) simply to throw in a harmful, crass, and/or illegal suggestion. It’s not the place for pranks and making fun of people’s issues.

Flag Post

Those aren’t the only threads you’re necroing, and this thread is now getting derailed.

Flag Post

Get over yourself. Stop detailing this thread. Take it to PMs or shouts.