Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 606

16538 posts

Flag Post

And besides if people have added them and they wanted to go to their profile they would go to a broken link.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pangolinio:

Hi, I would like to know if it’s possible to have the “points leaderboard”, but also just from badges and awards ? (=> without points from ratings, referral bonus etc…)

You could try Badge Master for that. I agree that it should be implemented to the site, though.

Flag Post

Easier forum search?

Flag Post

I’d like to see some kind of way to rate badges. I dunno, random thought that came to me and I thought it might be a neat feature. :3 You’d have to earn the badge first, of course, to prevent rage downrating.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

I’d like to see some kind of way to rate badges. I dunno, random thought that came to me and I thought it might be a neat feature. :3 You’d have to earn the badge first, of course, to prevent rage downrating.

What value is added? I mean, the purpose if rating a game is for Kongregate to know what to suggest to you. As well, it’s used as a metric to determine if a game is worthy of badges. But once it has badges, what’s the point?

Flag Post

Don’t click the chat tab. There’s a BK script for that, too.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/56854.user.js

Flag Post

No problem.

Flag Post
Originally posted by randomboy839:
Originally posted by pangolinio:

Hi, I would like to know if it’s possible to have the “points leaderboard”, but also just from badges and awards ? (=> without points from ratings, referral bonus etc…)

You could try Badge Master for that. I agree that it should be implemented to the site, though.

Badge Master and shows you could have a lot of differents leaderbord, would be nice to have them :p

Flag Post

Simple, solid walls of different colors for K+ skins.
Basically, at least, 9 skins each with just a plain color.
Blue, red, green, yellow, orange, purple, pink, brown, and black, maybe?
Skins available to match your avatar with.
Minimal effort required.
More K+ skins.
Win for all.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:

Minimal effort required.
More K+ skins.
Win for all.

The above, but with the ability to change the background with a hexadecimal code or similar to give any solid colour possible.

Flag Post

I think it’d be cool, though I’m not getting my hopes up, but change the word “Congratulations” when earning a badge to “Kongratz” or “Kongratulations” or something relating to Kong. Just thought it’d be cleaver.

Flag Post

Minimal effort required.
More K+ skins.
Win for all.

I’ve always thought that something like this would be great, but for free for normal users, maybe as a perk for leveling up (since there aren’t many right now).

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

Minimal effort required.
More K+ skins.
Win for all.

I’ve always thought that something like this would be great, but for free for normal users, maybe as a perk for leveling up (since there aren’t many right now).

Yeah, maybe it should be you have some preset colors at level 10 then customizeable at level 20.

Flag Post

I am pretty fed up with the search function as of late. It should be possible to filter search results by game category or, in the case of results in the forums, by the forum they have been posted in.
It should also be possible to search in a specific category.

And a bit on sorting games: the current ways to sort games are fine, but it should be possible to sort favourites into categories. And an additional sorting option should be by badges, so that games with badges show up first.

Flag Post

you can, I just forgot how.
Theres special codes where you can do filters in the search bar and only that word in this part of kongregate will show up

Flag Post
Originally posted by HULKSMASHEDU:

you can, I just forgot how.
Theres special codes where you can do filters in the search bar and only that word in this part of kongregate will show up

Yes, but it would be alot simpler and less painful if they would just implement a better search system.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ericzander:

I think it’d be cool, though I’m not getting my hopes up, but change the word “Congratulations” when earning a badge to “Kongratz” or “Kongratulations” or something relating to Kong. Just thought it’d be cleaver.

+1

Flag Post

Super off topic, but what is with all these people who have icons that contain a few letters/numbers in front of a space background? (I.E. the person above me)

Back to on-topic. Kongregate should really have signatures for the forums

Flag Post
Originally posted by lavaflame2:

Super off topic, but what is with all these people who have icons that contain a few letters/numbers in front of a space background? (I.E. the person above me)

For the first, it’s just a for fun thing. It was started by UnknownGuardian making avatars for people who are regulars in the room he’s in, and then it branched to a bunch of others (such as myself) asking for them. Personally, I did it because I love to change my avatar every couple weeks, so I’m always looking for more to have, but others might have different reasons.

For the second, signatures have been requested multiple times before, but I still think that they’d be more of a space-waster than a useful thing to have below posts. However, I can see the grey box to the left being a nice spot to have a small blurb of some sort, since with larger posts, even as long as this one I’m making right now, there’s quite a bit of unused space there.

Flag Post

It’s not even necessary for the reason you want them. Hover over a developer account’s name or avatar, and a list of games uploaded are displayed. In other words, your games are already linked in every post you make.

Flag Post

Ok then, I will make a suggestion that has nothing to do with me. Just an idea with what Kongregate can do with the level system. Maybe they could implement a “rate power” thing, similar to that of Newgrounds. (This has probably been suggested 10000 times, and considered by every person alive, but I am just going to say it here)

Flag Post

How would that work? Is it abuseable? Will it just turn into a massive popularity contest?

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

How would that work? Is it abuseable? Will it just turn into a massive popularity contest?

No, I would imagine that, if it was implemented, a level 65’s vote would count 1.5x, or 2x, as much as a level 1

I cant think of a simple way to explain how it would work. :C

Flag Post

No, I would imagine that, if it was implemented, a level 65’s vote would count 1.5x, or 2x, as much as a level 1

The thing about that system is that it assumes that people should be given more rating power, I don’t see why I should have any more say than anyone else, or vice versa.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

The thing about that system is that it assumes that people should be given more rating power, I don’t see why I should have any more say than anyone else, or vice versa.

1.5x as much power for a level 65 is barely noticeable (i think). I just feel that kongregate has to do SOMETHING with their level system. I dont know if you have ever been to a website called Funorb, but they have a similar system to that of kongregates, except they actually have rewards—which I found to be a big difference.
Either that, or maybe have a 1 kred bonus for every level :D.