Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 607

16581 posts

Flag Post

cs portable has some faults

Flag Post

id like to be able to rate games i have already played without having to go to each and every games page to do it. I have a page of all recommended games that show current kong wide rating but i can’t just click it when i know that i already like it?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ginokami:

id like to be able to rate games i have already played without having to go to each and every games page to do it. I have a page of all recommended games that show current kong wide rating but i can’t just click it when i know that i already like it?

The recently played games page is the only other place that you can rate games from other than on the gamepage itself, so if you’ve played them recently you can rate them from there. I’m not so sure that allowing ratings from the recommended games page is a good idea, since those are supposed to be games that you haven’t rated, so it’s assumed that you haven’t played them before (or at least enough to have wanted to rate them before).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Terence22205:

I’d like the ability to be able to remove fans from profiles.

Why? If any fan is annoying, or bothering you just block them. I don’t see why the removal of a fan would be useful.

Flag Post

We should have the ability to hide our fans list instead of removing fans.

Flag Post
Originally posted by eProdigy:

We should have the ability to hide our fans list instead of removing fans.

Agreed.

Flag Post

Re-tag some games. Many low rating games have wrong tags. Also, remove troll/incredibly/inappropriate games if possible

Flag Post
Originally posted by mosemizrahi:

Re-tag some games. Many low rating games have wrong tags. Also, remove troll/incredibly/inappropriate games if possible

Kongregate Staff will only remove a game if it is stolen or reported (flagged) multiple times for a certain reason such as, inappropriate content.

Flag Post

Re-tag some games. Many low rating games have wrong tags

Tags are voted on by users, so if you feel that the tags on a game aren’t appropriate for that game, then you can vote them down.

Also, games with low ratings probably aren’t played very often, so the tags associated with them might not be very accurate.

Flag Post

You are right, I should flag some of them and maybe vote down their tags (Other then rating them 1/5). It doesn’t matter much really, I was looking for the worst games.
My next suggestion will be editing and deleting game comments, like we do to our posts here.

Flag Post

My next suggestion will be editing and deleting game comments, like we do to our posts here.

You can delete them from your comments page, so the only way of really editing them is to copy it, delete it, and then paste it and edit it, and re-comment it.

Flag Post

I believe that Kongregate could prevent people from easily making accounts just to spam by making some kind of requirement to post on the forums… Something like being required to level 5 on Kongregate or maybe you need to have a 1 week old account or something… I find it very annoying when someone makes many new accounts just to keep spamming somewhere after being banned…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vegito_:

I believe that Kongregate could prevent people from easily making accounts just to spam by making some kind of requirement to post on the forums… Something like being required to level 5 on Kongregate or maybe you need to have a 1 week old account or something… I find it very annoying when someone makes many new accounts just to keep spamming somewhere after being banned…

There are anti-spam measures in place, I think one of them usually requires you to have played a game or earned a badge, or else it hides your posts. Other than that, having time requirements wouldn’t do much once people realize they could just make, let’s say 5 accounts every day, and then in a week’s time they’ll have 5 for one day, then 5 for the next, and they’ll just keep getting more accounts from what they made the week before, so hardly a deterrent.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

There are anti-spam measures in place, I think one of them usually requires you to have played a game or earned a badge, or else it hides your posts. Other than that, having time requirements wouldn’t do much once people realize they could just make, let’s say 5 accounts every day, and then in a week’s time they’ll have 5 for one day, then 5 for the next, and they’ll just keep getting more accounts from what they made the week before, so hardly a deterrent.

You have a point there… I think I made my post without thinking much cause there was this guy who just kept posting on the forums how to hack a game and he just keeps posting and getting his posts deleted and HE STILL ISN’T BANNED. How does that work anyway? How many times must he keep posting until the mods put a stop to it for good?

REEDIT:
Does anyone here know how it works when someone keeps posting the same thing that gets deleted every time and nothing is done to stop him from continuing to do it? Shouldn’t he get banned or something? Or does Kongregate just let people keep spamming in this way…?

Flag Post

You can delete them from your comments page, so the only way of really editing them is to copy it, delete it, and then paste it and edit it, and re-comment it.

Lol I didn’t know that there was a page like that. Thanks.

Flag Post

For those of us who are privacy hounds (or using the computers of those who are), there is an issue with games being saved locally (on our computers) vs. on another (external) server. For those of us that have our cookies cleared, saving games is impossible without a workaround or external save.

With this said, I would like to have a listing of games that save games externally (a tag would also be nice), and a stickied thread or link that details how one would go about saving and restoring the cookies from various games that are needed to save game progress. For the simpler games (especially where level is the only thing saved), I would certainly like to see Kongregate either a) save this themselves (on their server), or b) ask or require that contributing game companies set up a server or file somewhere where this would be saved and utilized when a player resumed playing the game.

Related, a large listing of relevant save cookies and their locations (again, a stickied thread might be a nice idea) for the variety of games for both Macs and PC’s would be nice in order to facilitate resuming ones games from a save point, as well as being educational in terms of teaching various users about computers and such…

That said, thanks to Kongregate for the service, good site and lots of good games here. Nicely done overall.

Flag Post

Asking Kongregate to provide storage for all games for everyone is unrealistic, and likewise it’s unrealistic to ask developers to provide storage for users forever, unless we want more Starfighter: Disputed Galaxy incidents (game gets removed because the developer stopped hosting the save data). It’s be terabytes upon terabytes of storage that Kongregate would have to provide for everyone to have ample space, and as more games are added and more users sign up, this would just increase exponentially. So local saving is sort of the way it has to be, except for multiplayer games where they provide their own server space.

Save data is stored on your computer in the kongregate.com and chat.kongregate.com folders (I think Chrome has some different spot though), so you can back it up before wiping your cookies if you would like to make sure that it’s not lost. Depending on your OS the folder locations are slightly different, but it’s something like the Macromedia\FlashPlayer\#SharedObjects\\ region, so if you can navigate to there you can find it. Alternatively, whatever program you’re using to clear your cookies you can just configure to leave Kongregate alone.

Flag Post

My idea was mainly for the smaller games (many of the puzzle games for example), where the only variables that would have to be saved would be the player and the level, maybe the amount of lives left if this is a factor. I realize that this might be costly for the larger games where the amount of information to be saved for each player might be quite large, though I have also heard that storage costs these days are relatively low, and getting much lower every passing year… Maybe Kongregate could exchange ad space for storage space with reputable companies.

Regarding myself, I am using a Mac, and can’t seem to locate the relevant folders, let alone figure out which lines are the save files within the folders…

Edit: I found library/internet Plug-ins/Flash Player.plugin and library/internet Plug-ins/flashplayer.xpt, but don’t know if those are the correct files, or what to do with them if they are…

Flag Post

My idea is making real prizes for people which have 300+ badges!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ratchet1999:

My idea is making real prizes for people which have 300+ badges!

In the grand scheme of things, 300 badges isn’t that much anymore (there are over 2,000 more if you count mobile ones as well). Also, if by “real” prizes you mean real life prizes, that won’t be happening regardless, and especially for hard-coded goals, since getting 300 might have been hard a few years ago, but now it’s trivial.

Flag Post

Can you please have more than just “TrialPay”? They don’t have a lot of offers that I can complete. The surveys never works and the download offers requires Ipad or something other that I don’t have.

Flag Post

There are lots of games on kong that i can’t play because i don’t have unity 3D thing. There should be non-unity versions of unity games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by qssc:

There are lots of games on kong that i can’t play because i don’t have unity 3D thing. There should be non-unity versions of unity games.

You can just go install Unity like any other plug-in that you need to play games. Also, it’s up to the developers whether they want to make a game on multiple platforms, which they generally won’t

Flag Post
Originally posted by qssc:

Ok, is that a joke. . . .???? It is a joke… right?

Flag Post

You have a point there… I think I made my post without thinking much cause there was this guy who just kept posting on the forums how to hack a game and he just keeps posting and getting his posts deleted and HE STILL ISN’T BANNED. How does that work anyway? How many times must he keep posting until the mods put a stop to it for good?

REEDIT:
Does anyone here know how it works when someone keeps posting the same thing that gets deleted every time and nothing is done to stop him from continuing to do it? Shouldn’t he get banned or something? Or does Kongregate just let people keep spamming in this way…?

Should I just say who is doing it where so you have a better understanding and can answer my question better?