Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 610

16578 posts

Flag Post

It’s not as cut and dry as that. Most games on the site are written on Flash. A lot of phones don’t support Flash.

Flag Post

You don’t generally log into games, though, only if they’re specifically made for mobile and specifically made as standalone games (so far Escape is the only one with that option). Otherwise, the Android app works well for all of the games on it, or just using the mobile site (m.Kongregate.com) work fine for the forums or some other games (I’ve used the mobile site just to play some multiplayer games with energy systems that involve just clicking a button when I don’t have access to a computer, and posting in the forums works nicely from it as well).

Flag Post

Some companies also maintain separate environments for different websites that support the same game. For some games, environmental integrity is compromised if they allow someone with an advanced account on an old environment to log in with his same account in a new environment. For instance, if someone from a game server with level 100 accounts and end-game equipment then was able to log into a new server where people had not even reached level 50, that would be a bad thing. For other games, it’s a matter of resources or licensing. One portal may insist on having a sandboxed environment that doesn’t interact with a rival portal’s community. At other times, the developers simply don’t feel the time and cost in effort/resources is worth integrating accounts.

Flag Post

WHEN are they going to add the new tag search system?

(searching for multiple tags and filtering out tags. for example: fantasy pixel -penguins <this will search for games with the fantasy and pixel tags but filter out those with the penguin tag)

Flag Post

Kongregate need an app on IOS that you can look at your messages on without going to the main page to look at them

Flag Post
Originally posted by 1800gamer:

Kongregate need an app on IOS that you can look at your messages on without going to the main page to look at them

Connect kong to your email and it works the same way.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Why is there a separate forum inside the Gamestop App for PC and one here. They should be integrated in the Discover Beta tab of the app.

Flag Post

Kongregate NEEDS TO REGULATE the games that are uploaded on the website… OTHER than just deleting games with a rating of 2/5 or lower. I would say that, hmmm, about 60% of games on kongregate can’t even be classified as games (you know what i mean). Most games end up with, like, 60 plays, even months after they were uploaded.

Flag Post

Kongregate is the YouTube of games. Just like YouTube accepts all videos, regardless of quality (unless they break the terms of the site), so Kongregate accepts all games, regardless of quality.

Flag Post

You trying to make fun of people with crazy ideas or just new to programming?

Flag Post
Originally posted by HULKSMASHEDU:

You trying to make fun of people with crazy ideas or just new to programming?

I am saying that it is too easy to get a game on this site. Honestly, if i REALLY wanted to, I could post 50 games on this site, and only spend a total of about 3~5 minutes MAKING those 50 games. The bad part about that is that maybe i spent a lost of time drawing up a REALLY cool icon for each game, so each game, in the “under judgement” tab, would look really cool, my reasoning being that people associate really cool icons with really cool games.

So, with that happening, the crappy games (this is the answer to your question), as in the games with NO fun gameplay, NO replay value, COMPLETELY crap graphics (As in they took a photo from the internet and didn’t even make the background transparent), and more buggy aspects than working ones!

What I am saying is, there are games that, in all fairness, deserve tens of thousands of plays, yet receive less than one thousand plays.
In other words, I have seen a few really great games that, after a few months, have less than one thousand plays. Something happens, maybe a kid told their friends about it, that those friends to their friends about it, and that game gets over 100,000 plays in the next week-or-so.

Flag Post

People just post random shitty games because they can, if they couldn’t there would be any shitty games here.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lavaflame2:
Originally posted by xProStar:

People just post random shitty games because they can, if they couldn’t there wouldn’t be any shitty games here.

Thats my point exactly. In my opinion, if Kongregate took just a minute or two, LITERALLY a minute for each game that is put on kongregatte (yes, that adds up, but I do believe it is possible), and removed each crappy game, this site would be a lot better. (Again, I define crappy as copy+paste graphics, no gameplay value, and enough bugs to make it nearly unplayable)

That’s not feasible. “Crappy” is a subjective descriptor, and people’s opinions differ as to what is good. It’s obvious that many people loathe even the top rated games. Conversely, there are also a lot of fans of the low-rated, unpopular games. I highly doubt Kongregate would want to put someone on the payroll just to judge every single game on the site. That’s a waste of time, money, and manpower. One person would never get through every game, and paying several people to do that job would be an even more egregious waste of resources. This is why there is a rating system – they let the community decide what is “good” or “bad.” Even the bad ones deserve to be here as long as they aren’t breaking any rules.

Do you really think you would retain your Developer status if your idea were implemented?

Flag Post

Thats my point exactly. In my opinion, if Kongregate took just a minute or two, LITERALLY a minute for each game that is put on kongregatte (yes, that adds up, but I do believe it is possible), and removed each crappy game, this site would be a lot better. (Again, I define crappy as copy+paste graphics, no gameplay value, and enough bugs to make it nearly unplayable)

If they froze all game uploads and worked nonstop at a min for each game, it would take about 47 days. They will not work non-stop and games will be continued to be uploaded.

I’m not sure if you are upset that your games aren’t getting the attention you think it deserves but as long as it is a non-stolen game, and game can be used very loosely, it can stay here. If you think a game should be removed, flag it.

Flag Post

A remove all friends button needs to be added for when assholes add max friends to your acct

Flag Post
Originally posted by devilishmatthew:

A remove all friends button needs to be added for when assholes add max friends to your acct

Nobody can add friends to your account without being logged in as you. Someone else adding you as a Friend only adds to your Fan count, not your Friend count. Keep your account information secure.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mosemizrahi:
Originally posted by bungandre:

BLOB

Maybe you should post that in English so people can read. Many people don’t post with their main languages on English forums.

I ran it through Google Translate and came out with a bunch of ‘KHKHKHKH’ and the ocasional english word like ‘master’. Although, Google Translate is a machine translation rather than actual human translation.

Flag Post

hi, you can go back to having the link to the songs I’ve added to Kongregate, a link easier and more visible, it is very important to listen to music and comentare drawings and art. thanks

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gastone:

hi, you can go back to having the link to the songs I’ve added to Kongregate, a link easier and more visible, it is very important to listen to music and comentare drawings and art. thanks

The collabs sections were removed, so anything uploaded is now gone. There was a two month period of time where you could download it back to your computer if you lost it, but that’s already come and gone by now.

Flag Post

There’s obviously some sort of check in place, to see if someone has any badges when they post. So, why not expand on that and have some sort of warning about their post being filtered if they don’t earn a badge?

Pro:

• It’ll make more users aware of the filter and will cut down on legitimate posts being filtered out.
  • It’ll add another barrier for the spam bots, since they’d have to either:
    • manually earn a badge.
    • click “Cancel” or whatever, and do it anyways.

Con:

• It’d tip off the spam bot owners about how to bypass the filter, but it’s common knowledge anyways.

Since all the information is polled anyways, in the www.kongregate.com/rooms/roomid pages, why not consolidate it into a single page of chat information? At the very least, it could be a list of room names, their owners and the room mods for that room. It would make things a lot easier for many reasons.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Purechillos:

I’m just curious, why did they remove the Collab section? I was gone when that happened I guess. I thought it was pretty neat, people getting to share their art on Kong.

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/312756

Flag Post

Add something where you can share your artwork, music, etc.

(Yes I still want it readded)