Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 611

16506 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by mosemizrahi:
Originally posted by bungandre:

BLOB

Maybe you should post that in English so people can read. Many people don’t post with their main languages on English forums.

I ran it through Google Translate and came out with a bunch of ‘KHKHKHKH’ and the ocasional english word like ‘master’. Although, Google Translate is a machine translation rather than actual human translation.

Flag Post

hi, you can go back to having the link to the songs I’ve added to Kongregate, a link easier and more visible, it is very important to listen to music and comentare drawings and art. thanks

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gastone:

hi, you can go back to having the link to the songs I’ve added to Kongregate, a link easier and more visible, it is very important to listen to music and comentare drawings and art. thanks

The collabs sections were removed, so anything uploaded is now gone. There was a two month period of time where you could download it back to your computer if you lost it, but that’s already come and gone by now.

Flag Post

There’s obviously some sort of check in place, to see if someone has any badges when they post. So, why not expand on that and have some sort of warning about their post being filtered if they don’t earn a badge?

Pro:

• It’ll make more users aware of the filter and will cut down on legitimate posts being filtered out.
  • It’ll add another barrier for the spam bots, since they’d have to either:
    • manually earn a badge.
    • click “Cancel” or whatever, and do it anyways.

Con:

• It’d tip off the spam bot owners about how to bypass the filter, but it’s common knowledge anyways.

Since all the information is polled anyways, in the www.kongregate.com/rooms/roomid pages, why not consolidate it into a single page of chat information? At the very least, it could be a list of room names, their owners and the room mods for that room. It would make things a lot easier for many reasons.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Purechillos:

I’m just curious, why did they remove the Collab section? I was gone when that happened I guess. I thought it was pretty neat, people getting to share their art on Kong.

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/312756

Flag Post

Add something where you can share your artwork, music, etc.

(Yes I still want it readded)

Flag Post
Originally posted by calvindang:

Add something where you can share your artwork, music, etc.

(Yes I still want it readded)

If you mean somewhere on your profile to link to other sites like DeviantArt or SoundCloud, then I agree that that should be added, if you means somewhere to post them on-site, it was just removed due to not enough activity.

Flag Post

I suggest that Kongregate stop being so standoffish.
Meaning, more spreading the word.

(I hope my suggestion passes the 123aaadv0catus789 test ;P)

Flag Post

I am so tired of going to MMO’s and other multiplayer games, to only find that the community, is no longer there. I would really love an active section for games, or a filter under MMO’s that says “Most Active” I would really appreciate it. I hate going to all these old games or new games that have 0 population and everyone has picked up and left. Please please please consider this. i also posted this in http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/327296-activity-filter-under-highest-rating-and-most-played

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheAznSensation:

I suggest that Kongregate stop being so standoffish.
Meaning, more spreading the word.

(I hope my suggestion passes the 123aaadv0catus789 test ;P)

Wat.

Flag Post

In considering that the search engine of this forum is really bad, and that even this forum is not well organized, I’m just gonna repeat an important idea which must have been repeated a lot of times. (This thread has 613 pages, and nobody thought to reorganize that in sections) ?
I think that making earn points to players for their highscore would be a great idea. Reward a good highscore would be logical, and pleasant. It would gives us a motivation. I’m Third of the all-time ranking in a game, and I didn’t get anything, but I’ve points for making easy challenges, and for rating games :/ I just saw that I was also FIRST in a game of Futurecade, but nothing, even for the first position. (Futurecade has been played 5000 times).
The points would of course be given in function of the rank, but also of the number of players, and of the amount of time since the game has been added on the site. You could add a simple system of rewards to begin, it would be already cool, because I find this too important to be just ignored, after years of activity.
But of course, you could imagine a lot of perspective in modifying these criters at your advantage. You could decide to reward the 3 best players a lot if the game is old, but you would chose to reward them a little if the game is new, which would allows you to have most of the games tested as soon as they come. (And it’s very important for every webmaster, am I right) ?
Anyway, I think you understood the idea, it’s up to you.

And of course, I would also suggest you to ameliorate this forum, but MAINLY, your search engine !

What Kongretate has made for the world of “flash gaming” is awesome. The possibility to be rewarded and upgraded for playing, it’s cool. The fact to be in competition with other players for the highscores, it’s cool, but if it’s just ignored by the site, and that nobody get any reward for this, it’s a pity.

That’s it, have a good day, and sorry for my english !

Flag Post
I think that making earn points to players for their highscore would be a great idea. Reward a good highscore would be logical, and pleasant. It would gives us a motivation. I’m Third of the all-time ranking in a game, and I didn’t get anything, but I’ve points for making easy challenges, and for rating games :/

That’s what badges are for, if a game deserves a badge for achieving a certain high score, it’ll get it, otherwise it’s not necessary, and rewards cheating even more, and potentially in a more severe way.

And of course, I would also suggest you to ameliorate this forum, but MAINLY, your search engine !

The search engine is fine, if used properly (which sadly isn’t advertised very well). If you add the name of the forum you’re looking for, or the index, and the word “discussion” to the query, it’ll narrow down the results an extremely large amount.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

@123aaa789 : It’s the competition between the players that’s interesting. I saw that there was badges you know ? But even without rewards, the competition of highscore is more interesting for some people. The badges aren’t comparable. It’s cool, but it’s not the same.

Flag Post

I would like to be able to set my profile so that there isn’t an activity feed or that at least it isn’t so big. The new profile setup is horrid in my opinion and I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks so (though I may not be in the majority). I’d like to be able to choose to display my profile in the old layout under the options in the “edit profile” menu area.

Would this be a possibility?

(Feedback on this from an admin would be greatly appreciated.)

Flag Post

No. The admins have already answered this: maintaining two separate versions of the profile is (at least) twice as much work, and it’s simply not the best use of the developers’ time to do that.

Look at how many issues cropped up with this most recent update: if there were multiple versions of the profile they had to maintain, there’d be twice as many issues. It would rapidly become a huge time sink.

Flag Post
Originally posted by neutrino64:

I agree with dxOne, in that a ‘blam button’ would open up too much potential for abuse, from people who are frivolous or malicious with their voting, especially… like, what if people blammed a really good game?

No, I agree that the best way to tell is how many views and votes it has, so if it doesn’t get x views or votes by x weeks, then blam it ;)

actually it took 3 or 4 weeks for rotmg to take off now its almost the no.1 played game on kong. it is also quickly losing its popularity.

Flag Post

How about Kongregate volume control, letting you mute a game before its noisy menu appears? Volume settings could carry over too, like if you mute one game, the next game would be muted by default.

Flag Post
Originally posted by deg93:

How about Kongregate volume control, letting you mute a game before its noisy menu appears? Volume settings could carry over too, like if you mute one game, the next game would be muted by default.

I can’t see this being possible to do, why not just turn off your computer or browser volume.

Flag Post
Originally posted by deg93:

Might be necessary for some people. Although you can just turn off your computer volume. In case you’re listening to music , oh well, it could be useful indeed.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

when filtering badges, need to be able to sort by game type.

one (poor) example:
Show: Unearned Sort: By game type
[new dropdown box here with all types of games in ascending order]

Flag Post

We should be able to comment on other comments in the comments section on games, like on user profiles.

Flag Post

1) Move “Recent Posts” and “Monitored Topics” to a more visible place. Instead of being at the very bottom of the forums page they should be near the top just below the title “Kongregate Forums”.

2) Please redo the “My comments” page. It is really ugly.

Flag Post

i, like many others, just want to see some change in the way the rating system works so we don’t have to go digging through the lists or wait forever for a miracle and see for only a few days, a new game in the highest rating range and otherwise always see the exact same games day after day, month after month, year after year, etc. long LONG after we may’ve beaten it well beyond submission.