Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 615

16589 posts

Flag Post

Here’s a weird suggestion for an event:
I play a game where all the mechanics and new stuff are spaded amongst fellow players. I enjoy being able to know the tricks of the trade before anyone else does, so how about this: a week where badges are added to games, but instead of telling you how to get the badges, you are left with the task of figuring this out yourself (or with a trusty group of friends in deep discussion)
To make it a tad bit easier, have the amount of requirements to fulfill (checkboxes) be present. Or not.
Badge pictures are optional.
Badge names are optional.
Hints may be given out at your discretion.
Extending this past a week is optional.
Awards are optional.
Extra points are optional.
Optionality is optional!
This is just an idea of mine. I do enjoy working together with other people to accomplish something in this manner.

Flag Post

A suggestion made by Gastone: When you’re bored, there should be a random game button somewhere so you can play a random game out of nowhere.

Flag Post

@ AllStar

Originally posted by Zshadow:

The entire homepage was redesigned to include recommended games, activity feed, and recommended badges. The “quick pick” random game square was one of the least used features on the homepage, sadly.

Recommended games does offer a much wider variety than the quick pick though, and gives recommendations based on your ratings.

So it’s not to promote MMOs. ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by AllStarDominatio:

A suggestion made by Gastone: When you’re bored, there should be a random game button somewhere so you can play a random game out of nowhere.

Senekis93 has a game “Random Game!” which is just that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GamerGuy75:
Originally posted by AllStarDominatio:

Senekis93 has a game “Random Game!” which is just that.

Okay.

Flag Post

This is a pretty small suggestion.

How about 1 more feature that is unlocked with K+? Don’t get me wrong, the K+ features are REALLY great(I logged in a friends account who has K+), but maybe add one more little feature? When a user upgrades to K+, they can also change their username color. As everyone here knows, other users see your name as a blue color, but when you upgrade to K+ you have the option to change your username color to anything you want. Such as green, red, purple, orange, etc…

Flag Post
Originally posted by DiablosDeAngel:

How about 1 more feature that is unlocked with K+? Don’t get me wrong, the K+ features are REALLY great(I logged in a friends account who has K+), but maybe add one more little feature? When a user upgrades to K+, they can also change their username color. As everyone here knows, other users see your name as a blue color, but when you upgrade to K+ you have the option to change your username color to anything you want. Such as green, red, purple, orange, etc…

I assume you mean the usernames when you post in chat. I like the idea of differentiating K+ users with another color…but having a bunch of different colors might ugly things up a bit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BTrenary:

I assume you mean the usernames when you post in chat. I like the idea of differentiating K+ users with another color…but having a bunch of different colors might ugly things up a bit.

Ah yes, I should have made it clear which usernames I was talking about. And now that I think about it, I guess a rainbow of colors in a chat room would be a mess. The color can be decided later on.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BTrenary:

I would have to agree with the fact that things could end up a bit messy with too many colors. Also, you might not want to publicize that you logged into an account that wasn’t yours…

Flag Post

An idea for the star-rating… I’d like to see something between 2-star (hate) and 3-star (like). I’ve seen a number of games where the game idea is OK, but the game-play just doesn’t quite cut the mustard (for whatever reason). I don’t “hate” the game, but it’s not one I’ll go back to.

How about something less polarised for when the promise is there but it just doesn’t deliver the goods… a “disappointed” button? :-)

Flag Post

Star ratings are painfully objective as it is, just rate it 2 if you really didn’t like it (but it wasn’t extremely horrible) or rate it 3 if it was okay (but not really good).

Flag Post

It would be nice if you’d preventDefault behaviour for mouse scrolling on all your game embeds.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Skotzmun:

An idea for the star-rating… I’d like to see something between 2-star (hate) and 3-star (like). I’ve seen a number of games where the game idea is OK, but the game-play just doesn’t quite cut the mustard (for whatever reason). I don’t “hate” the game, but it’s not one I’ll go back to.

How about something less polarised for when the promise is there but it just doesn’t deliver the goods… a “disappointed” button? :-)

Heh, interesting point. Perhaps, Kongregate should have players rate each aspect of the game (idea, play, etc.) each on a rating scale from 1 star to 5 stars.

To get two points :o

Flag Post

Idea from the tip jar thread: why not have an on-site zazzle store? Convert the prices to kreds and Kongregate can convert the kreds to USD, place the order on the user’s behalf and it’ll be shipped directly to the user. Besides in-game content (which some people seem to be entirely against) it’s a good use for kreds. It puts money back into Kongregate (which logically would take a small commission) and gives the user a use for their kreds.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

Idea from the tip jar thread: why not have an on-site zazzle store? Convert the prices to kreds and Kongregate can convert the kreds to USD, place the order on the user’s behalf and it’ll be shipped directly to the user. Besides in-game content (which some people seem to be entirely against) it’s a good use for kreds. It puts money back into Kongregate (which logically would take a small commission) and gives the user a use for their kreds.

If that happened, that’d be a pretty cool thing, and it’d definitely make me want to invest a little more into Kreds, or actually do something more with what I have. Then again, it’s the whole argument of how Kreds could be laundered into the real world, since you can get them for free and then convert them into some real merchandise, but I don’t know how major that would be.

Flag Post

It’s very difficult to get a substantial amount of kreds for free and, well… zazzle isn’t cheap so the amount of kreds required to purchase merchandise would be in the high hundreds or thousands.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

It’s very difficult to get a substantial amount of kreds for free and, well… zazzle isn’t cheap so the amount of kreds required to purchase merchandise would be in the high hundreds or thousands.

It’s not overly difficult to get that many if you try hard enough, and if they continue giving out 5-10 Kreds for challenges and watching videos over the next while it can add up. A shirt would be roughly 300 Kreds (at the current exchange rate), which is really not that many nor that hard to get if you’re diligent enough, and it’s not like people are going to be going for a shirt a day, but it’d be possible to get one every couple months if you did all of the offers. I’m not saying it’s never going to happen or shouldn’t happen, just that it is possible to get it through free Kreds (from Kongregate offers or advertiser offers), and I’m not sure how that would affect anything.

Flag Post

Feature of sorting friends and fans:
– alphabetically
– last added
– recently signed in

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mimin96:

Feature of sorting friends and fans:
– alphabetically
– last added
– recently signed in

Alphabetically is something I think would definitely be cool, and I know is possible since it’s a feature on mobile (along with sorting by their levels, which is also something that’d be interesting to see on the main site). Last added is somewhat already there, it shows them in the order added except whoever is online is put ahead of whoever isn’t, and then they’re sorted by last added in both online and offline. Recently signed in would be something new (as far as I know), but I could see that being useful for sure (like if you’re looking to clean your friends list a bit and want to see if there are people who haven’t been on in a long time).

Flag Post

Exactly, sorting by level also is good idea. :) And I wrote about sorting by last added, that admins don’t forget about this. And of course every option of sorting could be ascending and descending.

Flag Post

When we leave comments in games can you plz change the “Comment” icon color. It looks bit like facebook, and i feel like whenever i am going to hit comment, it will go to facebook and i dont want that.

Flag Post

I wish there’s a way to store avatars you earned from games so that you don’t have to play some of them again if you cleared cookies on accident or if you change avies back and forth

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tikikala:

I wish there’s a way to store avatars you earned from games so that you don’t have to play some of them again if you cleared cookies on accident or if you change avies back and forth

You can click and drag them onto your desktop.

Flag Post

I think it would be a good idea for Kongregate to make a chatting app integrated through Kongregate, so users could talk to community members in rooms such as Ant hill and other chatrooms. It would be a great idea.

Flag Post

Please add a refresh button to list of a game’s forum posts so players don’t need to open a new tab/window or refresh the current game. Something like this