Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 615

16505 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by BTrenary:
Originally posted by Ericzander:

About the problem involving jerks (like me) who use adblocks… Why not make it so that before a game, there is a dialog that pops up when Kong determines an adblock is being used. Then the user needs to wait about 20 seconds at a blank screen until they can play. That way people will turn their adblock off because it’s easier to just skip the ads. Kong still makes revenue and the only people who will really get upset by this are those who are using the adblock (who donate nothing to the site).

Of course this doesn’t apply to K+ members.

Dunno if it’s possible, but if it is then surely it will come in handy.

I use adblocker. When they first started putting in ads at the beginning of games it would be blank and make you wait for so many seconds (their was a countdown timer). I haven’t seen an ad in a long time though.

and it didn’t make me turn of adblocker

Well for me, it goes right to the game no problem. It gives me no incentive to make me stop using it (although I haven’t actually played a game in half a month lol)
 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Ericzander:

About the problem involving jerks (like me) who use adblocks… Why not make it so that before a game, there is a dialog that pops up when Kong determines an adblock is being used. Then the user needs to wait about 20 seconds at a blank screen until they can play. That way people will turn their adblock off because it’s easier to just skip the ads. Kong still makes revenue and the only people who will really get upset by this are those who are using the adblock (who donate nothing to the site).

Of course this doesn’t apply to K+ members.

Dunno if it’s possible, but if it is then surely it will come in handy.

A reason WHY people do that is so they can play games with less lag.
Do you know how annoying reloading video ads are?

 
Flag Post

How about we can be allowed to place signature banners below posts.

 
Flag Post

Somebody suggested I place this in the Suggestions thread, so here we go:


I’d like to place a few update suggestions for the favorites feature. It’s not a very efficient page right now, and taking these suggestions at the hilt may increase business for Kongregate.


Number One – Page Inefficiency


It’s not cool to have to scroll to the bottom of the front page for your eighth-most-recently-favorited game. It should easily be near the top. So streamline it and make it like this:

1 2
3 4
5 6
7 “Game Spotlight”
8 9
10 11
12 13
14 15

Instead of this inefficient layout:

1 9
2 10
3 11
4 “Game Spotlight”
5 12
6 13
7 14
8 15

So change it please. I’m not going to go all the way down the page for something I want to play immediately.


Number Two – The real Favorites get left out


It saddens me that I can’t access my true favorite games…the ones I’ve had buried in my favorites list for I-don’t-know-how-long. I’ve forgotten their names and reputation as a result. So add a filter that says “Real Favorites” and make it that the games that I’ve truly respected for the longest appear.


Number Three – Most Played filter is flawed


Each user’s play statistics say what games are their real favorite games. But when you use the “Most Played” filter in the Favorites menu, it’s not personal. It includes ALL users, which is a pain in the booty as games that aren’t your most played appear at the top. Make it that the most frequently played by that user appears at the top.

If it’s too expensive, make this a Kong Plus feature, and remove the filter otherwise.


Number Four – Kong Plus user exclusive features


- No “Game Spotlights” getting in the way

- Most Kreds Spent (a filter for games that you used the most Kreds spent on, games not paid for will not appear)

- Double Favorites (A second star for games you play all the time or want to stay at the top of the list)
This may sound similar to my Real Favorites suggestion, but what if you could make those games appear at the top every single time?


So what do you guys think?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by DemonOfMist:

How about we can be allowed to place signature banners below posts.

This gets requested a lot, and most of the active forum users hate the idea because of how cluttered forum signatures are in most places where they are allowed.

 
Flag Post

Change colors or add themes;

I play in the night, and this bright white background of kongregate hurts my eyes, can we change the look of the website to a different theme.
Example:

Original theme
Dark Contrast theme
or etc.

 
Flag Post

The ratings system is being abused by certain developers. I suggest that ratings be weighted by user level, or locked until user level 3. This to prevent junk games and mmos being up rated by fraudulent accounts and temporary users.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Questiondog:

The ratings system is being abused by certain developers. I suggest that ratings be weighted by user level, or locked until user level 3. This to prevent junk games and mmos being up rated by fraudulent accounts and temporary users.

I don’t know about that, but MMOs get rated down instantly by a lot of players — yet it doesn’t matter because you have to play the game for a certain minimum period of time before your rating will count.

 
Flag Post

Here’s a weird suggestion for an event:
I play a game where all the mechanics and new stuff are spaded amongst fellow players. I enjoy being able to know the tricks of the trade before anyone else does, so how about this: a week where badges are added to games, but instead of telling you how to get the badges, you are left with the task of figuring this out yourself (or with a trusty group of friends in deep discussion)
To make it a tad bit easier, have the amount of requirements to fulfill (checkboxes) be present. Or not.
Badge pictures are optional.
Badge names are optional.
Hints may be given out at your discretion.
Extending this past a week is optional.
Awards are optional.
Extra points are optional.
Optionality is optional!
This is just an idea of mine. I do enjoy working together with other people to accomplish something in this manner.

 
Flag Post

A suggestion made by Gastone: When you’re bored, there should be a random game button somewhere so you can play a random game out of nowhere.

 
Flag Post

@ AllStar

Originally posted by Zshadow:

The entire homepage was redesigned to include recommended games, activity feed, and recommended badges. The “quick pick” random game square was one of the least used features on the homepage, sadly.


Recommended games does offer a much wider variety than the quick pick though, and gives recommendations based on your ratings.


So it’s not to promote MMOs. ;)

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by AllStarDominatio:

A suggestion made by Gastone: When you’re bored, there should be a random game button somewhere so you can play a random game out of nowhere.

Senekis93 has a game “Random Game!” which is just that.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by GamerGuy75:
Originally posted by AllStarDominatio:

A suggestion made by Gastone: When you’re bored, there should be a random game button somewhere so you can play a random game out of nowhere.

Senekis93 has a game “Random Game!” which is just that.

Okay.

 
Flag Post

This is a pretty small suggestion.

How about 1 more feature that is unlocked with K+? Don’t get me wrong, the K+ features are REALLY great(I logged in a friends account who has K+), but maybe add one more little feature? When a user upgrades to K+, they can also change their username color. As everyone here knows, other users see your name as a blue color, but when you upgrade to K+ you have the option to change your username color to anything you want. Such as green, red, purple, orange, etc…

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by DiablosDeAngel:

This is a pretty small suggestion.

How about 1 more feature that is unlocked with K+? Don’t get me wrong, the K+ features are REALLY great(I logged in a friends account who has K+), but maybe add one more little feature? When a user upgrades to K+, they can also change their username color. As everyone here knows, other users see your name as a blue color, but when you upgrade to K+ you have the option to change your username color to anything you want. Such as green, red, purple, orange, etc…

I assume you mean the usernames when you post in chat. I like the idea of differentiating K+ users with another color…but having a bunch of different colors might ugly things up a bit.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by BTrenary:
Originally posted by DiablosDeAngel:

This is a pretty small suggestion.

How about 1 more feature that is unlocked with K+? Don’t get me wrong, the K+ features are REALLY great(I logged in a friends account who has K+), but maybe add one more little feature? When a user upgrades to K+, they can also change their username color. As everyone here knows, other users see your name as a blue color, but when you upgrade to K+ you have the option to change your username color to anything you want. Such as green, red, purple, orange, etc…

I assume you mean the usernames when you post in chat. I like the idea of differentiating K+ users with another color…but having a bunch of different colors might ugly things up a bit.

Ah yes, I should have made it clear which usernames I was talking about. And now that I think about it, I guess a rainbow of colors in a chat room would be a mess. The color can be decided later on.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by BTrenary:
Originally posted by DiablosDeAngel:

This is a pretty small suggestion.

How about 1 more feature that is unlocked with K+? Don’t get me wrong, the K+ features are REALLY great(I logged in a friends account who has K+), but maybe add one more little feature? When a user upgrades to K+, they can also change their username color. As everyone here knows, other users see your name as a blue color, but when you upgrade to K+ you have the option to change your username color to anything you want. Such as green, red, purple, orange, etc…

I assume you mean the usernames when you post in chat. I like the idea of differentiating K+ users with another color…but having a bunch of different colors might ugly things up a bit.

I would have to agree with the fact that things could end up a bit messy with too many colors. Also, you might not want to publicize that you logged into an account that wasn’t yours…

 
Flag Post

An idea for the star-rating… I’d like to see something between 2-star (hate) and 3-star (like). I’ve seen a number of games where the game idea is OK, but the game-play just doesn’t quite cut the mustard (for whatever reason). I don’t “hate” the game, but it’s not one I’ll go back to.

How about something less polarised for when the promise is there but it just doesn’t deliver the goods… a “disappointed” button? :-)

 
Flag Post

Star ratings are painfully objective as it is, just rate it 2 if you really didn’t like it (but it wasn’t extremely horrible) or rate it 3 if it was okay (but not really good).

 
Flag Post

It would be nice if you’d preventDefault behaviour for mouse scrolling on all your game embeds.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Skotzmun:

An idea for the star-rating… I’d like to see something between 2-star (hate) and 3-star (like). I’ve seen a number of games where the game idea is OK, but the game-play just doesn’t quite cut the mustard (for whatever reason). I don’t “hate” the game, but it’s not one I’ll go back to.

How about something less polarised for when the promise is there but it just doesn’t deliver the goods… a “disappointed” button? :-)

Heh, interesting point. Perhaps, Kongregate should have players rate each aspect of the game (idea, play, etc.) each on a rating scale from 1 star to 5 stars.

To get two points :o

 
Flag Post

Idea from the tip jar thread: why not have an on-site zazzle store? Convert the prices to kreds and Kongregate can convert the kreds to USD, place the order on the user’s behalf and it’ll be shipped directly to the user. Besides in-game content (which some people seem to be entirely against) it’s a good use for kreds. It puts money back into Kongregate (which logically would take a small commission) and gives the user a use for their kreds.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

Idea from the tip jar thread: why not have an on-site zazzle store? Convert the prices to kreds and Kongregate can convert the kreds to USD, place the order on the user’s behalf and it’ll be shipped directly to the user. Besides in-game content (which some people seem to be entirely against) it’s a good use for kreds. It puts money back into Kongregate (which logically would take a small commission) and gives the user a use for their kreds.

If that happened, that’d be a pretty cool thing, and it’d definitely make me want to invest a little more into Kreds, or actually do something more with what I have. Then again, it’s the whole argument of how Kreds could be laundered into the real world, since you can get them for free and then convert them into some real merchandise, but I don’t know how major that would be.

 
Flag Post

It’s very difficult to get a substantial amount of kreds for free and, well… zazzle isn’t cheap so the amount of kreds required to purchase merchandise would be in the high hundreds or thousands.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

It’s very difficult to get a substantial amount of kreds for free and, well… zazzle isn’t cheap so the amount of kreds required to purchase merchandise would be in the high hundreds or thousands.

It’s not overly difficult to get that many if you try hard enough, and if they continue giving out 5-10 Kreds for challenges and watching videos over the next while it can add up. A shirt would be roughly 300 Kreds (at the current exchange rate), which is really not that many nor that hard to get if you’re diligent enough, and it’s not like people are going to be going for a shirt a day, but it’d be possible to get one every couple months if you did all of the offers. I’m not saying it’s never going to happen or shouldn’t happen, just that it is possible to get it through free Kreds (from Kongregate offers or advertiser offers), and I’m not sure how that would affect anything.