Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 616 (locked)

16606 posts

Flag Post

1. Sounds elitist.

2. Why? All those fans, would they know that the person that they friended is no longer the person they thought they were?

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

1. Sounds elitist.

2. Why? All those fans, would they know that the person that they friended is no longer the person they thought they were?

Well still they are that acces friends and kong could take like 5$ profit
Depending on the payment type

Flag Post

It was suggested only once (to the best of my searching capability) back in 2008, but a Game Queue or To-Play List would be a great feature. Just as ToasterBot pointed out in his post, I’m finding myself coming across tons of games that I think look good, but I either don’t want to play right then or don’t have time to play. I generally open them up in another tab and add them to “favorites”, but this is a poor method of tagging games that I haven’t played before.

A Game Queue would be a simple fix to this, kind of like an Amazon Wish List lol. It’s functionality would be almost identical to the favorites function, but it would keep the games I haven’t played from getting mingled in with the ones I consider my actual “favorites.”

Sorry for mostly just repeating what ToasterBot said, but it’s been 5 years, so I don’t think it’s a big deal to re-post at this point.

Flag Post

I think the hability to pick unlocked avatars would be awesome, I mean this animal spanking was nice, got the duck, then refused the 2nd and puff… no more showed and if I try to change I’ll have to get to scratch… meh… unlockable avatars should be like awards to stay (I mean its in your database anyway aren’t they lol)

Flag Post
Originally posted by FalconWolfe:

It was suggested only once (to the best of my searching capability) back in 2008, but a Game Queue or To-Play List would be a great feature.

Well, it will probably make you very happy to hear that this has been added last month.

Flag Post

For K+ member, when we change the Profile skin with the new art, can you make it so its reflected throughout the website, not just the profile.

Flag Post

That’s a lot more work for a simple cosmetic benefit.

Flag Post

As someone who likes to earn badges, I think there should be an icon in the corner of a game or something that shows if the game has badges. Also, I think it’ll be great if there was a section like the “hot new games” and “recommended” that showed “new badges”.

Flag Post

There’s /badges and it’s in reverse chronological order.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DemonOfMist:

For K+ member, when we change the Profile skin with the new art, can you make it so its reflected throughout the website, not just the profile.

The point of profile skins is for you to be able to choose something that everyone will see, what you’re asking for is essentially a way to make something appear for just you. If that’s the case, you really just need to go find an add-on or make one yourself to replace the background of the site with whatever it is you want (I’m sure there’s some HTML you could edit or something in the CSS).

Flag Post

I should not need to edit HTML. It should be simple enough to just click a check-box. I don’t see anything wrong with it being tailored to me or any other user, isn’t the point to enjoy the skin by seeing it reflected throughout the site. Besides, this was just a suggestion.

Flag Post

I should not need to edit HTML. It should be simple enough to just click a check-box. I don’t see anything wrong with it being tailored to me or any other user, isn’t the point to enjoy the skin by seeing it reflected throughout the site. Besides, this was just a suggestion.

The thing is it cannot possibly be a site-wide thing the way it’s current set up. Besides, I mentioned that add-ons exist to do essentially what you’re asking, you’d just need to do a little tweaking since there hasn’t been a Kongregate-specific one made that I’m aware of (by a little tweaking I mean just setting up what pages it has to affect with a whitelist and then what image/colour to use).

Personally, I prefer it just being a profile thing, since I like to be able to use whatever there for others to see but then also be able to see the site as it normally is elsewhere. Also, not every page would need/use the same background, so what works for a profile skin might not be optimal for other pages, and since they’re all handmade it might be troublesome to get them edited to work elsewhere (especially user-made ones from a while ago).

Flag Post

Being able to tell if a user is your fan without having to check their friends list or your fans list.

This could be done an icon similar to grey friends icon, except when a user is your fan the grey icon will be green?(This is will replace the grey icon, so no need to have 2 icons next to each other.)

Or, when visiting a users account, same as seeing if a user has muted you, it would say in small black text above the shout box, “[username] is your fan.

Flag Post

Demon and I discussed this suggestion earlier. +1 vote.

Flag Post

There should be a feature to send a shout/message to your fans.

Of course, this should be limited to prevent spam.

Flag Post

I would like a ‘Play later’ option on games. Like YouTube has the ‘Watch later’ playlist.

Flag Post

Developers should be able to check the comments and ratings of their games, without actually having to go to the game.
It makes it hard to track how many plays I have when every time I want to check the comments or ratings it adds another play.
Also some way to see how many times your games been rated would be nice.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JB420:

I would like a ‘Play later’ option on games. Like YouTube has the ‘Watch later’ playlist.

A play later option has been recently added. It doesn’t work like Youtube though,
the game won’t start automatically. It’s more like a “reminder”.

Flag Post

my idea for (a set of a few) features, comes from the fact that i like to know more about myself (as in: statistics).

-am i an average or an indie person?
let me see how much all of my own votes (or atleast the games i have in my favourite list) are voted differently by me than all other people. (e.g. find the average of all the distances my vote has from the average kongregate vote).

-what kind of games do i like?
let me see all tags of my own favourites. sum the counts together, sort them by counts. so that i can see that i liked “strategy x15”, “mouse only x10”, “action x8”, …

thank for reading, even more thanks for implementing =)

Flag Post
Originally posted by austin_farmer90:

Developers should be able to check the comments and ratings of their games, without actually having to go to the game.
It makes it hard to track how many plays I have when every time I want to check the comments or ratings it adds another play.
Also some way to see how many times your games been rated would be nice.

If you go to your profile you can see the rating of your game displayed below it. If you hover over it a window will appear showing the number of plays. If you right-click and copy the link, and paste it and add /comments to the end, it’ll bring you to the comments page.

Flag Post

I think that kongregate should create a Walking dead Beta game!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jdog44044:

Intellectual property.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by Jdog44044:

Intellectual property.

Not only that, but you don’t set out to create a “beta” game. Beta is a testing phase for an unfinished project.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Great Idea to help new and upcoming developers that do not have much resources or coverage.

How about on the front page we have a section for the top weekly games. Usually when a noob developer submits a game, even if it is a great game, does not have much initial coverage or advertisement. That noobs new game will do pretty well for the first few days with a fair amount of plays and decent+ ratings, just from the new games page(if it is a quality game, which quite a bit of the time it is). Then what usually happens is that these games get buried under major commercial games or skilled indy developers in the following days to never be seen again. We are loosing lots of potential great games because of this. You may be thinking, “But mr. proffesor dr. The_Ryan, this new section on the front page will influence voters to only vote on the new games that are doing well and screwing over the other quality games that are barely hiding behind them”. Well not to fear, I have a solution to that. In this section the icons for these games could be similar to the “browse top games by category” section icons. They are the small ones that show 5 in their little section. In the new top weekly games section we could have 10 maybe 20 shown off at once. And I know, that did not solve the problem a whole lot, but one of these will. Option 1) Have it updated every Saturday. The “weekly top game contests” run every Saturday to Friday, so having these games updated on Saturday from the week before will have their week of glory and fame without interfering with the contest. Option 2) Have it updated every Wednesday or Thursday. The “weekly top game contests” run every Saturday to Friday, so having these games updated on Wednesday or Thursday will allow the top certain amount of games, that essentially made it through the “qualifiers” have their moment in the spotlight during the ending of the contest. Both of those options have their ups and downs and there are probably more options to explore. The reason I want this to happen is to get a more diversified game selection while weeding out the games that actually aren’t to great. Often on kongregate you will see the same great games over and over again, this can lead to boredom and puts off the kong mood. I would be very pleased to see this implemented, as will other game developers and gamers.