Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 616

16554 posts

Flag Post

I wish there’s a way to store avatars you earned from games so that you don’t have to play some of them again if you cleared cookies on accident or if you change avies back and forth

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tikikala:

I wish there’s a way to store avatars you earned from games so that you don’t have to play some of them again if you cleared cookies on accident or if you change avies back and forth

You can click and drag them onto your desktop.

Flag Post

I think it would be a good idea for Kongregate to make a chatting app integrated through Kongregate, so users could talk to community members in rooms such as Ant hill and other chatrooms. It would be a great idea.

Flag Post

Please add a refresh button to list of a game’s forum posts so players don’t need to open a new tab/window or refresh the current game. Something like this

Flag Post
Originally posted by cargo11900:

I think it would be a good idea for Kongregate to make a chatting app integrated through Kongregate, so users could talk to community members in rooms such as Ant hill and other chatrooms. It would be a great idea.

Do you mean a standalone chat? I think there are some games out there which essentially are just chat and a blank screen for a game which do a decent job, or you could open a new browser window and position it beside your other one (so you could have the chat on the side and whatever else on the rest of your screen).

Originally posted by imaliar:

Please add a refresh button to list of a game’s forum posts so players don’t need to open a new tab/window or refresh the current game. Something like this

You could just open the forums themselves in a new tab, it’s what I often do anyways, since it’s a lot more convenient to be able to see all of the threads together the just the few there, and it means you don’t need to scroll the game page a bunch whenever you want to see the posts (I find it annoying to get it away from the spot I like a game’s window to be positioned at).

Flag Post

It would be nice if monitored posts were more efficient to use and watched posts easier to manage.

Flag Post

1 Maybe Kong Clans so you can make your own little groups of friend and you could possible have your own chat room for your clan. You would have to pay say 200 kreds for it to be permanent on for your clan.
2 A kong market for selling and trading accounts say you have an acc you want to sell for hmm 20$. Kong mods and admins maybe other people would figure out the price you would sell it for. the factors would be like how many badges do you have and what level you are. maybe how many fans you have and the level you are on multiplayer game or how good that acc is on them.

Flag Post

1. Sounds elitist.

2. Why? All those fans, would they know that the person that they friended is no longer the person they thought they were?

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

1. Sounds elitist.

2. Why? All those fans, would they know that the person that they friended is no longer the person they thought they were?

Well still they are that acces friends and kong could take like 5$ profit
Depending on the payment type

Flag Post

It was suggested only once (to the best of my searching capability) back in 2008, but a Game Queue or To-Play List would be a great feature. Just as ToasterBot pointed out in his post, I’m finding myself coming across tons of games that I think look good, but I either don’t want to play right then or don’t have time to play. I generally open them up in another tab and add them to “favorites”, but this is a poor method of tagging games that I haven’t played before.

A Game Queue would be a simple fix to this, kind of like an Amazon Wish List lol. It’s functionality would be almost identical to the favorites function, but it would keep the games I haven’t played from getting mingled in with the ones I consider my actual “favorites.”

Sorry for mostly just repeating what ToasterBot said, but it’s been 5 years, so I don’t think it’s a big deal to re-post at this point.

Flag Post

I think the hability to pick unlocked avatars would be awesome, I mean this animal spanking was nice, got the duck, then refused the 2nd and puff… no more showed and if I try to change I’ll have to get to scratch… meh… unlockable avatars should be like awards to stay (I mean its in your database anyway aren’t they lol)

Flag Post
Originally posted by FalconWolfe:

It was suggested only once (to the best of my searching capability) back in 2008, but a Game Queue or To-Play List would be a great feature.

Well, it will probably make you very happy to hear that this has been added last month.

Flag Post

For K+ member, when we change the Profile skin with the new art, can you make it so its reflected throughout the website, not just the profile.

Flag Post

That’s a lot more work for a simple cosmetic benefit.

Flag Post

As someone who likes to earn badges, I think there should be an icon in the corner of a game or something that shows if the game has badges. Also, I think it’ll be great if there was a section like the “hot new games” and “recommended” that showed “new badges”.

Flag Post

There’s /badges and it’s in reverse chronological order.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DemonOfMist:

For K+ member, when we change the Profile skin with the new art, can you make it so its reflected throughout the website, not just the profile.

The point of profile skins is for you to be able to choose something that everyone will see, what you’re asking for is essentially a way to make something appear for just you. If that’s the case, you really just need to go find an add-on or make one yourself to replace the background of the site with whatever it is you want (I’m sure there’s some HTML you could edit or something in the CSS).

Flag Post

I should not need to edit HTML. It should be simple enough to just click a check-box. I don’t see anything wrong with it being tailored to me or any other user, isn’t the point to enjoy the skin by seeing it reflected throughout the site. Besides, this was just a suggestion.

Flag Post

I should not need to edit HTML. It should be simple enough to just click a check-box. I don’t see anything wrong with it being tailored to me or any other user, isn’t the point to enjoy the skin by seeing it reflected throughout the site. Besides, this was just a suggestion.

The thing is it cannot possibly be a site-wide thing the way it’s current set up. Besides, I mentioned that add-ons exist to do essentially what you’re asking, you’d just need to do a little tweaking since there hasn’t been a Kongregate-specific one made that I’m aware of (by a little tweaking I mean just setting up what pages it has to affect with a whitelist and then what image/colour to use).

Personally, I prefer it just being a profile thing, since I like to be able to use whatever there for others to see but then also be able to see the site as it normally is elsewhere. Also, not every page would need/use the same background, so what works for a profile skin might not be optimal for other pages, and since they’re all handmade it might be troublesome to get them edited to work elsewhere (especially user-made ones from a while ago).

Flag Post

Being able to tell if a user is your fan without having to check their friends list or your fans list.

This could be done an icon similar to grey friends icon, except when a user is your fan the grey icon will be green?(This is will replace the grey icon, so no need to have 2 icons next to each other.)

Or, when visiting a users account, same as seeing if a user has muted you, it would say in small black text above the shout box, “[username] is your fan.

Flag Post

Demon and I discussed this suggestion earlier. +1 vote.

Flag Post

There should be a feature to send a shout/message to your fans.

Of course, this should be limited to prevent spam.

Flag Post

I would like a ‘Play later’ option on games. Like YouTube has the ‘Watch later’ playlist.

Flag Post

Developers should be able to check the comments and ratings of their games, without actually having to go to the game.
It makes it hard to track how many plays I have when every time I want to check the comments or ratings it adds another play.
Also some way to see how many times your games been rated would be nice.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JB420:

I would like a ‘Play later’ option on games. Like YouTube has the ‘Watch later’ playlist.

A play later option has been recently added. It doesn’t work like Youtube though,
the game won’t start automatically. It’s more like a “reminder”.