Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 617 (locked)

16609 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by Jdog44044:

I think that kongregate should create a Walking dead Beta game!

Intellectual property.

Not only that, but you don’t set out to create a “beta” game. Beta is a testing phase for an unfinished project.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Great Idea to help new and upcoming developers that do not have much resources or coverage.

How about on the front page we have a section for the top weekly games. Usually when a noob developer submits a game, even if it is a great game, does not have much initial coverage or advertisement. That noobs new game will do pretty well for the first few days with a fair amount of plays and decent+ ratings, just from the new games page(if it is a quality game, which quite a bit of the time it is). Then what usually happens is that these games get buried under major commercial games or skilled indy developers in the following days to never be seen again. We are loosing lots of potential great games because of this. You may be thinking, “But mr. proffesor dr. The_Ryan, this new section on the front page will influence voters to only vote on the new games that are doing well and screwing over the other quality games that are barely hiding behind them”. Well not to fear, I have a solution to that. In this section the icons for these games could be similar to the “browse top games by category” section icons. They are the small ones that show 5 in their little section. In the new top weekly games section we could have 10 maybe 20 shown off at once. And I know, that did not solve the problem a whole lot, but one of these will. Option 1) Have it updated every Saturday. The “weekly top game contests” run every Saturday to Friday, so having these games updated on Saturday from the week before will have their week of glory and fame without interfering with the contest. Option 2) Have it updated every Wednesday or Thursday. The “weekly top game contests” run every Saturday to Friday, so having these games updated on Wednesday or Thursday will allow the top certain amount of games, that essentially made it through the “qualifiers” have their moment in the spotlight during the ending of the contest. Both of those options have their ups and downs and there are probably more options to explore. The reason I want this to happen is to get a more diversified game selection while weeding out the games that actually aren’t to great. Often on kongregate you will see the same great games over and over again, this can lead to boredom and puts off the kong mood. I would be very pleased to see this implemented, as will other game developers and gamers.

Flag Post

The “report game bug” button should be available on every game

Flag Post
Originally posted by IceWeaselX:

Intellectual property.

Not only that, but you don’t set out to create a “beta” game. Beta is a testing phase for an unfinished project.

I beg to differ, many devs enjoy seem to let the beta phase last forever. I deem it the lazy-phase, not testing. Beta is what you call a game when you don’t feel like dealing with criticism.

Flag Post

I think they should delete a few chat rooms, possibly 30 or so, because all the chat rooms are spread too thin.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nooby123:

I think they should delete a few chat rooms, possibly 30 or so, because all the chat rooms are spread too thin.

They did that to a much smaller number a little while ago. Chat rooms are still pretty active it just looks like they aren’t because only people that want to be in chat are.

Flag Post

still need to update the badge for kongregate mobile version.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mcj17:

still need to update the badge for kongregate mobile version.

They’re not going to.

Flag Post

i having a suggestion for creating the follow the forum topic in the forum like what other forum do?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aiace:

Intellectual property.

I beg to differ, many devs enjoy seem to let the beta phase last forever. I deem it the lazy-phase, not testing. Beta is what you call a game when you don’t feel like dealing with criticism.

Those aren’t true betas. They are exploiting the label dishonestly to avoid responsibility. The most egregious offenders are the ones who make sure the payment system is functional to make sure their “beta” players are paying them for the ability to “test” their game. One such development company still has their games here labeled as “Open Beta” even though they have long since ceased any production, maintain a stubborn refusal to communicate with their players, and still take their money. This label leads to a lot of naive new players thinking the games are still pre-release, so they don’t understand why everyone’s talking about the games as if they are dead.

Flag Post

I don’t know if this has been suggested yet, but how about a “random game” option? Where you click it and are sent to a random game?

Flag Post

They had it but removed it because it was used by a very small subset of users. Homepage space is very valuable and it needs to be optimized.

Flag Post

They had it but removed it because it was used by a very small subset of users. Homepage space is very valuable and it needs to be optimized.

Where you referring to random game button, or top weekly games on front page?

Flag Post
Originally posted by The_Ryan:

Originally posted by Zshadow:

The entire homepage was redesigned to include recommended games, activity feed, and recommended badges. The “quick pick” random game square was one of the least used features on the homepage, sadly.

Recommended games does offer a much wider variety than the quick pick though, and gives recommendations based on your ratings.

Flag Post
Originally posted by The_Ryan:

random game button.

Flag Post

Intellectual property.

not only that but kongregate doesn’t make games

Flag Post

Yes they do.

Flag Post

Idea from the tip jar thread: why not have an on-site zazzle store? Convert the prices to kreds and Kongregate can convert the kreds to USD, place the order on the user’s behalf and it’ll be shipped directly to the user. Besides in-game content (which some people seem to be entirely against) it’s a good use for kreds. It puts money back into Kongregate (which logically would take a small commission) and gives the user a use for their kreds.

What’s the point in that though? as you can’t earn kreds you would just be buying the shirt.

Flag Post

I like the idea of taking your horror movie ads and shoving them back up your ass. Not all of us want to see that shit. Try to use some common sense and fucking class. Thanks.

Flag Post

Any inappropriate ads can be reported to support [at] kongregate.com and they’ll be addressed.

Flag Post

I’d love to see my drill down options to search for games. For example, a group of games that have two tags similar, such as all games that have both the “Puzzle” and “Brain” tags. Or a way to see all Action games in my Recommended section.

Flag Post

There should be mute options like what places you want muted when you mute someone. Like, chat, activity feed, forums, etc.
This could be located in “Account Settings”. Just a suggestion.

Flag Post

Yes they do.

The game that was made by kongregate was the first of it’s kind, so there is one game on here that they actually made… can’t really say that they make a lot.

Flag Post

Kongai and Super Duck Punch.