Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 619 (locked)

16606 posts

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

mybe they could add a new main menu screen

Flag Post

Kongregate, please add a “single-player only” filter for the games. I really hate like 90% of the multiplayer games, most of them have the “energy” mechanics that makes me play not when I want to, but when the “energy points” allow it and it just infuriates me when I have 20 minutes NOW, and not two hours later.

Flag Post

I think you should have music of the artists that would be cool

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lukakov2:

I think you should have music of the artists that would be cool

What artists?

Flag Post

You should be able to change your rating on your favorite games and high ratings pages, like you can on your recently played page.
Why not? :D

Also allow deleting your games if they have a rating below 3 (or 2.5)

Flag Post

Idea #1
I know this is a weird suggestion, but maybe their could be an option to exclude non badge containing games, Like when you are going through the game list on a person’s profile or when your just normally scanning through the games and not using the achievement tab with unearned badges.

I think this would be beneficial because even with the subtopics under unearned badges, their are going to be tons of badges that we are missing hiding in between the first and last badge of that category, and thus fix some issues in that aspect

Idea #2
An option to categorize badges by the most popular tags such as: Action, Strategy & Defense, Multiplayer, Puzzle, Shooter, and Adventure & RPG games.

This would be like killing two birds with one stone. We would have a better idea what the game was about rather than guesswork based off the badge description, and in addition players would be able to search the category of game they want to play, and get badges at the same time. So ya…

-Thank you sincerely for reading this,
Zapxbolt

Flag Post

Regarding the new Playlist feature, I would like to suggest being able to create multiple Playlists a la YouTube. When you click the Playlist button on a game, you can choose which Playlist to add it to. That way, there can be a playlist for games you haven’t played yet, favorite games of a specific genre, etc.
Also, since many people don’t see the difference between Favorites and Playlists, the Favorites should just be a default Playlist.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zapxxbolt:

Idea #2
An option to categorize badges by the most popular tags such as: Action, Strategy & Defense, Multiplayer, Puzzle, Shooter, and Adventure & RPG games.

This would be like killing two birds with one stone. We would have a better idea what the game was about rather than guesswork based off the badge description, and in addition players would be able to search the category of game they want to play, and get badges at the same time. So ya…

-Thank you sincerely for reading this,
Zapxbolt

You can already do this

Flag Post

ok i really love the website due to the games and other things but regarding the playlists we need some artists or some made up songs and instrumentals

Flag Post

The playlist, contrary to it’s name, has nothing to do with music. If you want music to listen to while you’re gaming, I recommend Spotify, Pandora and/or Youtube.

Flag Post

I have suggestions for “everyday looking for new games”

In categories (Puzzle, Shooter etc) i would like to have a filter option like hottest games in 24 hours/week/month. BECAUSE everytime i look for example for new hot puzzle games, i always see like 50 old games, i used to play 3 years ago and dont want them in my search anymore. I just wish to see, what new high rated games are in my favourite category.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Astrele:

I have suggestions for “everyday looking for new games”

In categories (Puzzle, Shooter etc) i would like to have a filter option like hottest games in 24 hours/week/month. BECAUSE everytime i look for example for new hot puzzle games, i always see like 50 old games, i used to play 3 years ago and dont want them in my search anymore. I just wish to see, what new high rated games are in my favourite category.

You can somewhat do this through the top rated new games, but that just shows all highly rated new games, you can use control + f to search for tags if you want, but it’s still not the cleanest. It’d be nice if that page allowed native tag filtering as well, but it’s at least better than just seeing highly rated puzzle games all-time.

Flag Post

A lot of people wish for the Music forum to make a come back. Obviously since it was removed, a return isn’t likely. However, why not a media forum? That way other forms of entertainment besides games can be discussed: tv shows, movies, books, music, etc.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

A lot of people wish for the Music forum to make a come back. Obviously since it was removed, a return isn’t likely. However, why not a media forum? That way other forms of entertainment besides games can be discussed: tv shows, movies, books, music, etc.

If it’s discussing stuff you’ve made, the Arts forum is generally the place I’d think that stuff would fit. Otherwise Off-Topic is where it currently should be. Too many sub-forums for more and more specific things just stretches the forums thinner, and there are generally other sites which are better suited for more in-depth discussion of film and such.

I’m not saying it shouldn’t or won’t happen, just that Kongregate is primarily a gaming site and the forums are generally biased towards gaming for a reason. It’s somewhat like going to a music site and asking for a gaming forum to be added when that would most likely belong in their version of an Off-Topic forum. I know Kongregate tries to be more diverse in what’s here compared to other gaming sites, but most of the stuff I’d expect to see people talking about in a media forum would be exactly what I’d expect if those threads were in the Off-Topic forum, which is basically opinions reigning down on every like and dislike people have in terms of authors, directors, and so on without really meriting its own dedicated place (basically I see someone saying “does anyone else like show x?” and then just a back and forth about why it’s the best or the worst, which really could fit just as well in Off-Topic).

Flag Post

when you click the X next to a recommended badge, it should be permanently removed as a recommendation.

Flag Post

It’s fine to say it should belong in Off-Topic. I do see your point, I get what you mean about diversity and spreading too thin. I don’t see that as the case, though. It would be a single additional forum, joining the Off-Topic and Serious Discussion forums. I can’t see the addition of one more, bringing the total to three, as spreading the forum too thin. If anything, I imagine that it would create new activity and encourage more people to join and participate. Which brings me to my other point, in it’s current state, Off-Topic isn’t a place for non-OT thread to exist. It is not an environment of encouragement.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lunar2eternal:

when you click the X next to a recommended badge, it should be permanently removed as a recommendation.

I’d agree that removing them entirely would be nice, but there’s always the case that eventually those removed ones could be all that’s left, or maybe you just temporarily want to remove it to see others there, so maybe an option to make them all reappear again, just to temporarily make them removed (temporarily in the sense that they won’t show up again unless you want them to, unlike now when they just do automatically).

It’s fine to say it should belong in Off-Topic. I do see your point, I get what you mean about diversity and spreading too thin. I don’t see that as the case, though. It would be a single additional forum, joining the Off-Topic and Serious Discussion forums. I can’t see the addition of one more, bringing the total to three, as spreading the forum too thin. If anything, I imagine that it would create new activity and encourage more people to join and participate. Which brings me to my other point, in it’s current state, Off-Topic isn’t a place for non-OT thread to exist. It is not an environment of encouragement.

It’s not spreading too thin right now, it’s just that if this is fine, then why wouldn’t something else be, and something else, and so on? Adding it may be a good idea, but it might not be.

I wouldn’t necessarily see it as a bridge between OT and SD anyways, since I’d consider that to be more of a “Sensible Discussion” forum where anything can be discussed in a casual manor, since I see OT as being “to casual” and SD as being too “debate-oriented,” not really a friendly area. If one like that (which others have suggested before anyways) is to be created, I don’t think just media would be useful for it. I would like something like that for sure, I just don’t see something as specific as just media but not something that would be classified as an OT thread to be too useful at the present time (I see maybe 2 music-related threads on the front page of OT right now, and like I said before I’m still not quite sure how active it would be besides “I like x, do you?” and then yeses and nos in various degrees).

And about “Off-Topic isn’t a place for non-OT threads to exist,” I’m not quite sure what that means, since anything not fitting in another forum is by definition off-topic, and thus belongs in OT. We could also make a culinary forum, a role-playing/larping forum, school forum, fitness forum, and all sorts of other things that sound wonderful, but the fact is that Kongregate just might not cater to those kinds of people, and that other sites are much better suited. For example, the xkcd forums, there are tons of sub-forums there, and sure they all have a decent number of threads and posts, but clearly some are not being used as much, and clearly some could be further sub-divided. I haven’t seen an overwhelming outcry for a dedicated forum for discussing media on Kongregate, which begs me to ask if it really is necessary.

This is, however, a suggestions thread, you have made yours, I have made mine, neither are correct nor incorrect, they’re simply put here for the sake of bringing it to the attention of others. The tl;dr of mine is that a media forum is not necessarily needed, but rather a more appropriate OT-SD bridge that would encompass more than just media topics (sort of a section for general other threads for casual discussion, such as media topics, culinary topics, fitness, and so on that could fit under OT as is, but might merit a more appropriate location).

Flag Post

I have a suggestion I’ve been dreaming over for almost half a year of playing Kong. (yes, that long)
Subscriptions! The idea is that you can subscribe to certain developers and see the games they release in a new area somewhere in the homepage. I’ve been disappointed quite a lot when I find out about a Nerdook game only when it gets badges – many days upon release.

Flag Post

I agree and think that’s a great idea. I’m not sure how it could be integrated, though. If it’s in the feed, you might as well just add them (since it tells you when your friend has uploaded a new game) but if it’s in a separate place, it’ll be ignored.

Flag Post

I agree and think that’s a great idea. I’m not sure how it could be integrated, though. If it’s in the feed, you might as well just add them (since it tells you when your friend has uploaded a new game) but if it’s in a separate place, it’ll be ignored.

WAT, adding them works? Trying this out, asap.

Flag Post

It would be nice to be able to ban people from accounts aka this person is following you game to game to annoy you ( especaly in games where kong friends list is involved ) and remove them making them unable to friend you or you them helps when you have a undecent person stalking you through kong ( sorry if this is a repeat post or if there is a feature like this already i havent yet found it )

Flag Post

You can mute them. This prevents them from being about to private message you or leave a shout on your profile. They will still be able to send you whispers, but you won’t receive them. They’ll still be able to add you as a friend, but people that add you (fans) contribute nothing and make no significant difference (except make the number slightly higher).

In regards to in-game issues… The friends API (I would imagine) should pick up on get fact that you have this person muted (‘blocked’), but it might not be insta sous. It might take a few hours for the API to refresh your list and detect the change. I’m not sure, I’m guessing.

If this not the case, hopefully the developer has an in-game system in place to address this typos of issue. If they don’t, click the “Report bug” button on the game page and fill out the report accordingly. I wish there was more I could suggest for you to do, and I wish that Kongregate could have more affect on in-game issues of this nature, but unfortunately Kongregate’s stance is that developers are so solely responsible for in-game activities.

Good luck with your issue. :-/ Remember that if someone is giving you a problem, you can always go to their profile and file an abuse report. Each report is viewed by a community administrator and handled in an unbiased manner.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dystrybutor:

I have a suggestion I’ve been dreaming over for almost half a year of playing Kong. (yes, that long)
Subscriptions! The idea is that you can subscribe to certain developers and see the games they release in a new area somewhere in the homepage. I’ve been disappointed quite a lot when I find out about a Nerdook game only when it gets badges – many days upon release.

UnknownGuardian released a Developer Subscription add-on not too long ago that integrates with the playlist feature to add any new games from subscribed developers to your playlist. It’s one of those little things that would be awesome to have natively on the site, but this works just about as well as could be asked.

Flag Post

I got an idea that would prevent the annoying new account troll to populate the chats, or at least annoy in the chat. How about setting a minimum kong level for the user before a chat can be used? I’d suggest 5, but really, any lvl above 1 would make the precess of getting back to pester people a more timeconsuming endevor for the trolls. This is already in use in many MMO’s for example.