Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 619

16369 posts

Flag Post

There should be a mute button on every games page. So developers wouldn’t have to program it over and over again.

Flag Post

I was wondering why the game “Empire galaldur” is disabled… I really like this game and I don’t see why it would be disabled…. Please put it back up or at least tell me why it is disabled. Thanks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by superslash9:

I was wondering why the game “Empire galaldur” is disabled… I really like this game and I don’t see why it would be disabled…. Please put it back up or at least tell me why it is disabled. Thanks.

Not really a suggestion but it was probably removed because it was stolen.

Flag Post

I feel like games without achievements are just lazy. i mean. when you have games that have successful predecessors, is it too much to ask to have achievements? i don’t care what you think, but personally, I won’t play most games if they don’t have achievements. It’s a big part of kongregate. It’s the reason I choose to play on kongregate as compared to the hundreds of other game sites i have to choose from. So cmon. Give obviously good games achievements. Or give all games achievements. Why the heck not? it’s not like it’s money out of your pocket or money into ours. It makes the games more playable.

Flag Post

Badges don’t function without API. It’s the developer’s responsibility to add API to the game. If they don’t, Kongregate can’t add badges. Besides, it goes against the point of them to begin with, since they’re not supposed to be added to every game. Games with badges are supposedly to be a representation of the best games that the site has to offer.

It actually is money out of Kongregate’s pocket, too. API increases the revenue share for the developer, so Kongregate would have to pay more per ad with API then without.

Flag Post

Users suggest a change in the way/order in which users are listed in the chat user list.

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/206030-sorting-out-users-in-chat

Flag Post

Users suggest a feature for controlling shouts.

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/334389-deleting-more-than-1-shout

Flag Post

More game chat room moderators should be appointed. On many occasions, I have noticed that there are no moderators in game chat rooms that are very populated and active, up to 180 users at a time. Often times, users may have a conflict that starts out small, but as the conflict escalates, inappropriate language, such as profanity and extreme hated, is exchanged during the heat of disagreement. By having more moderators, game chat rooms will be cleaner and more pleasant for everyone. Thank you for reading.

P.S. There are global moderators who drop in at times, but game chat moderators should be appointed for more games.

Flag Post

It’s being worked on.

Flag Post

Here is one I’ve wanted forever… On the comments screen (kongregate.com/accounts/randomuser/comments) I would love to see the current “score” of the comment. I’m vain sometimes and want to see if my comment has a lot of pluses, but hate trying to find the darn thing to see. It would also prolly reduce the amount of crap comments as I like to erase ones with negative scores.

Flag Post

I realized the other day that I stopped caring about challenges because I don’t care about Kongai anymore. I really like the idea of weekly challenges, but if you don’t regularly play Kongai they are worthless. What if they rewarded us with some kind of “challenge tokens”, which could be redeemed for cards in Kongai. But kong-sponsored developers could also build their games to accept challenge tokens for in-game rewards, so they would be useful to everyone and give developers an incentive to make kong-sponsored games. In fact, this idea could be expanded to give value to the regular points system, with a user’s level determining their weekly/monthly “allowance” of some other kind of token.

Flag Post

When you enter the site, you aren’t signed in, even if your username and password are both remembered and written and you just have to press a button. You should be signed up.

Note: I believe this problem only occurs once per session, that means that unless you close the internet browser you will stay signed-up.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mosemizrahi:

When you enter the site, you aren’t signed in, even if your username and password are both remembered and written and you just have to press a button. You should be signed up.

Note: I believe this problem only occurs once per session, that means that unless you close the internet browser you will stay signed-up.

I guess that’s a problem with your cookies or something, I open my browser and I’m logged in correctly without any need of pressing any key or clicking any button.

Talking about something else, please implement the Unfriend button, that appears in the profile, into the friends page… I don’t want to load another page every time I remove a friend.

Flag Post

I just realized that with the UI change to include the playlist icon and number, the kreds part was removed. Can that please be added back? It was quite useful.

Now there’s no way to easily see your balance or to view your history. It forces you to go to your profile and I doubt many people know about that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

I just realized that with the UI change to include the playlist icon and number, the kreds part was removed. Can that please be added back? It was quite useful.

Now there’s no way to easily see your balance or to view your history. It forces you to go to your profile and I doubt many people know about that.

You can still hover over your username in the header and see your kred balance. Their is still plenty of room though, that they should have left it in.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

mybe they could add a new main menu screen

Flag Post

Kongregate, please add a “single-player only” filter for the games. I really hate like 90% of the multiplayer games, most of them have the “energy” mechanics that makes me play not when I want to, but when the “energy points” allow it and it just infuriates me when I have 20 minutes NOW, and not two hours later.

Flag Post

I think you should have music of the artists that would be cool

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lukakov2:

I think you should have music of the artists that would be cool

What artists?

Flag Post

You should be able to change your rating on your favorite games and high ratings pages, like you can on your recently played page.
Why not? :D

Also allow deleting your games if they have a rating below 3 (or 2.5)

Flag Post

Idea #1
I know this is a weird suggestion, but maybe their could be an option to exclude non badge containing games, Like when you are going through the game list on a person’s profile or when your just normally scanning through the games and not using the achievement tab with unearned badges.

I think this would be beneficial because even with the subtopics under unearned badges, their are going to be tons of badges that we are missing hiding in between the first and last badge of that category, and thus fix some issues in that aspect

Idea #2
An option to categorize badges by the most popular tags such as: Action, Strategy & Defense, Multiplayer, Puzzle, Shooter, and Adventure & RPG games.

This would be like killing two birds with one stone. We would have a better idea what the game was about rather than guesswork based off the badge description, and in addition players would be able to search the category of game they want to play, and get badges at the same time. So ya…

-Thank you sincerely for reading this,
Zapxbolt

Flag Post

Regarding the new Playlist feature, I would like to suggest being able to create multiple Playlists a la YouTube. When you click the Playlist button on a game, you can choose which Playlist to add it to. That way, there can be a playlist for games you haven’t played yet, favorite games of a specific genre, etc.
Also, since many people don’t see the difference between Favorites and Playlists, the Favorites should just be a default Playlist.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zapxxbolt:

Idea #2
An option to categorize badges by the most popular tags such as: Action, Strategy & Defense, Multiplayer, Puzzle, Shooter, and Adventure & RPG games.

This would be like killing two birds with one stone. We would have a better idea what the game was about rather than guesswork based off the badge description, and in addition players would be able to search the category of game they want to play, and get badges at the same time. So ya…

-Thank you sincerely for reading this,
Zapxbolt

You can already do this

Flag Post

ok i really love the website due to the games and other things but regarding the playlists we need some artists or some made up songs and instrumentals