Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 621

16542 posts

Flag Post

Want to suggest a feature, an option, to save game progress in kongregate profile.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 3rdyellow:

Want to suggest a feature, an option, to save game progress in kongregate profile.

That’s basically cloud saving, which has been discussed many times before.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

THE ABILITY TO SEE THE MOST RECENT THREAD YOU MADE, FIRST

Originally posted by StefanP18:

I had an idea that there should be some sort of reward for people who achieve high scores in a game, though i do see how this might encourage cheating. Maybe make it a certain amount of exp depending on the game’s daily views.

Agreed!

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by 3rdyellow:

That’s basically cloud saving, which has been discussed many times before.

So whats the final verdict? Was there an official response?

Flag Post

Nope.

Flag Post

http://9gag.com/gag/aBR7v7O
best idea of a game in a long time

Flag Post
Originally posted by dewidoom:

http://9gag.com/gag/aBR7v7O
best idea of a game in a long time

This forum is for suggestions on improving Kongregate,
A better place for this game idea would be in the General Gaming Forum

Flag Post

I was thinking that maybe in your reccomended badges there would be a ‘challenge’ badge, based on a badge that you would find not easy enough to be boring, but not hard enough to be frustrating, from a game you might like to play.

Flag Post

Suggestion 1: It seems the only way not to see the ‘activity feed’ is not to have friends on Kongregate. That’s really a shame, and I hope you consider changing it. To anybody I recently befriended, for the sake of Outernauts or other games, my sincere apologies, you’ve all been removed.

Suggestion 2: Whenever you go to a game, the ‘chat’ tab automatically opens. I’m sure this is useful for many people, but some, like me, never use the chat. I suggest having a way to turn the chat off. This would save processing power and make it faster to load games on slow computers.

Flag Post

For suggestion 2, it’s not supposed to, only on multiplayer games. What type of game are you playing?

Flag Post

adv0catus, perhaps we’re not talking about the same thing. What I mean is on every single Kongregate game. On the right of the game, there are tabs for chat / game / achievements / awards, and the ‘chat’ one opens automatically. I’d prefer an option to turn it off completely.

Flag Post

Why not add a warning system? Spam? 3 warnings, then a 15 minute silence. Caps lock? (2 words or more with entire caps lock) 3 warnings, then a 15 minute silence. Chat mods can’t be on all the time, it will definitely be a harder system to implement, I am not saying remove chat moderators, just that some chats absolutely go cray when chat moderators are not there. Reports take a while to make the punishment be received, it, however, will be more efficient in keeping the chats strictly moderated. I suggest about this suggestion having a 1 hour max silence with this system, since I believe it to be easier than add the amount of times chat mods can silence. Not only does this system make the chat mods relax — it also does not completely remove their utility (with my suggestion to the suggestion)

Flag Post

We give warnings in chat. If the user ignores them, doesn’t see them (due to spam) or has us muted, that’s not our fault. Reporting is really the best thing to do if a moderator isn’t present. To compensate for the retroactive action, reports result in a 24 hour silence instead of the usual 15.

Flag Post

Kong should add a “Point-and-Click” games category

Flag Post
Originally posted by cooly8309:

Kong should add a “Point-and-Click” games category

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/142182-tag-suggestions

Flag Post

Not “Tags” dammit, "Category

Flag Post

They’re the same thing.

Flag Post

We give warnings in chat. If the user ignores them, doesn’t see them (due to spam) or has us muted, that’s not our fault. Reporting is really the best thing to do if a moderator isn’t present. To compensate for the retroactive action, reports result in a 24 hour silence instead of the usual 15.

You do not understand my point. I am saying that mods cannot be online all the time for chat, a warning system will help to make it regularly moderated, while reducing the workload of the mods.

Flag Post

Who/What issues the warnings?

Flag Post

Who/What issues the warnings?

I’m guessing it’s some sort of automated script that tries to detect what is spamming/flooding, or excessive swearing, or whatnot.

The problem with that is that scripts rarely work perfectly as intended, and might very well wrongly act on a situation. What constitutes as spam? Is it sending x messages in y time, because if so users/bots would just avoid that by sending messages slightly slower. Is it sending x messages in a row, because if so it could wrongly silence someone who is trying to talk in a dead room, or who just likes to talk out in multiple lines, or users/bots would just avoid sending that many in a row. Sure, it could be used, but it’d probably be easier to get around a script that runs on a set criteria than a human that can act according to different situational variables.

Flag Post

No accounts with the word “Kong” in it are allowed to be created. Why not extend that logic and include filtered words? In the end it won’t accomplish anything, because people will still dodge it anyways. But it will surely be better for the short time the account exists in chat, right?

Flag Post

I think in the highscores tab, your score should appear at the top, showing what place you are, regardless of your score. Sometimes people want to know what their place is, but they can’t because other peoles better scores get in the way. This even happened in the today tab today. :/

Flag Post
Originally posted by haych2:

I think in the highscores tab, your score should appear at the top, showing what place you are, regardless of your score. Sometimes people want to know what their place is, but they can’t because other peoles better scores get in the way. This even happened in the today tab today. :/

It’s a nice idea, but I’m pretty sure it only saves the score values for the top 100. So it wouldn’t be able to tell you if your ranked 101st or 1000th.