Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 622 (locked)

16551 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by GiygasNess:

I know this may sound like an odd suggestion, but I was thinking of a way to be able to reset points, so I can re-earn some achivements again.

Some users have requested that points be removed from their account, but it sounds like you want to be able to remove achievements…just to earn them again. That seems like a lot of unnecessary work. Especially when you are allowed to have alt’s.

Flag Post

I’d like to suggest to add another category for game sorting, Most played, highest rating, newest, and… (my suggestion) received comments lately.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sleepallnight:

I’d like to suggest to add another category for game sorting, Most played, highest rating, newest, and… (my suggestion) received comments lately.

If I remember correctly, we already have options to how to sort games.

Flag Post

I am feeling somewhat annoyed with the “rate this game” tab popping up after 5 minutes of gameplay or so. I’ll be following my achievements progress on the achievements tab, and then that dumb rating tab pops up. Kongregate, you know how many games I have rated already, so why can’t I turn this off in my options somewhere? Does it do that for chat as well? How rude!

Suggestion: Disable the “rate this game” tab appearing based on either how many games a user has already rated (recently), or based on a profile setting.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by TDCdarkkiller918:

hmmmm easy kreds?

Sure, if you want Kongregate to go bankrupt.

ok

Flag Post

No idea if this has already been suggested or not, but I would imagine it has been many times! I don’t fancy reading through 625 pages of forum posts to find out.

I’ll make this suggestion in the form of questions, purely because it’s the easiest way to do so.

Why can I not search for more than one thing at a time? Example: If I search for “bullet hell”, why not allow to refine the results to “bullet hell” + “mouse only”.

Another thing that really bugs me, being a badge chaser, is that I find it impossible to search for the types of games I’m in the mood for that have badges. Instead I have to search for say… “platform”, then spend ages viewing several pages of results and placing my mouse over EACH AND EVERY result, just to see if they have badges or not.

That’s it for now. Also, before anyone suggests “Badge Master”, there are so many types of games that you can’t search for, such as; Platform, Mouse Only, Keyboard Only, Bullet Hell, Adventure, and many many more.

So I would imagine, all my problems with Kongregate at this moment in time could be solved with a simple “Advanced Search” feature.

Flag Post

I see a lot of test “games” when going through the full listing. Could it be possible for someone to write up a “show source” function that could be included into these tests so they’re not just a waste of space? Instead of it being a “here’s a broken bouncing controllable ball test” It could include a “here’s what is and isn’t working” portion

Flag Post

Maybe all the

Originally posted by adv0catus:

hmmmm easy kreds?

Sure, if you want Kongregate to go bankrupt.

ok

Y cant kong just give us free kreds to everyone

Flag Post
Y cant kong just give us free kreds to everyone

Well with the kong exploring thing they kinda have, but remember kreds are still money.

Flag Post

Suggestions for chat

This suggestion is meant to emphasize the nickname in the chat, rather than the icons, which are bulky and annoying, above all when you have to click on the profile

Flag Post

How come there isn’t TU-46 game on this site? u have TU-95 so could you add TU-46?

Flag Post
Originally posted by GnekkoGnek:

Suggestions for chat

[Image]
This suggestion is meant to emphasize the nickname in the chat, rather than the icons, which are bulky and annoying, above all when you have to click on the profile

Interesting suggestion, but I see it from a slightly different perspective. I see that having the names all left-aligned makes it easier to find names in the list, while with this it would throw off the alignment (especially when some people are higher levels and have larger levelbugs, or Kong+, or are developers/admins/mods, or are friends, or it’s during a time period with an event going on). For example, I’m not sure how I’d like it if the following image appeared with the name as the furthest to the right:

Since then the alignment would be thrown way off for some of the names. Just my point of view, though.

Flag Post

Suggestions! Room Owners should have a Kick Out of Chat Room Permanantly button for trolls. If a troll keeps comin to that room spammin and has been silenced and warned a lot, Room Owners should kick him out of that certain room permanently and that person wont be able to enter with Alts in that room anymore either. That way there wont be trolls coming into rooms.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LakeSnow:

Suggestions! Room Owners should have a Kick Out of Chat Room Permanantly button for trolls. If a troll keeps comin to that room spammin and has been silenced and warned a lot, Room Owners should kick him out of that certain room permanently and that person wont be able to enter with Alts in that room anymore either. That way there wont be trolls coming into rooms.

Kongregate really doesn’t like to IP ban — even if it’s just a chatroom.

Flag Post

Kongregate really doesn’t like to IP ban — even if it’s just a chatroom.

Well, would it help to ban accounts that have just been created from partaking in chat on some rooms? Like a room owner option, “only allow accounts that are a day old to speak”? That would prevent a troll from quickly making a new account and rejoining.

Flag Post

If I may suggest something, both involving Badges :

1) Have a way to change your profile image to a badge you have earned. I suggest in that “earned badges” selection in your own profile, you could click an arrow next to the badge and choose “set as profile image”, or you could choose “Edit Profile”, and have an option to select from the badges you have earned, rather than jumping to the “upload image from directory” window. I mean, the images are already on the site, so why take extra space for people re-uploading them just so they can boast?

2) Have the ability to go back to profile pics you have earned. I remember I was given offers for a few pics from Super Duck Punch, but now I can’t access them because I didn’t want to change my pic at that moment. Also, the image of Grunt I had during the ME3 collaboration is gone for good because I switched momentarily to an Alien pic during another game collaboration. All I wanted to do is see what the current image looked like, and I wound up forced into keeping it via a “now or never” as a result.

If either of these comes to fruition, believe me, I’d be happy.

Flag Post

It would be nice if there were challenges with actual prizes like there used to be such as gaming systems etc.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nightwynde:

It would be nice if there were challenges with actual prizes like there used to be such as gaming systems etc.

Those all happen because there’s a sponsorship, so Kongregate would have to wait for another one before running another contest like that. With the newer console generation coming out, I’m not entirely sure how it’s going to be handled, but there will most likely be more in the future.

Flag Post

Regarding the new Rate Tab feature:

While this would be amazing as a toggle (I personally forget to rate most games I play, so this is useful for me), I really doubt we will get a toggle for this, since Kong rarely, if ever, allows user toggles for site features.

What could be a solution/compromise (depending on which way you look at it), since the current feature is just there to alert us to rate, why not make the “unrated star” display more conspicuous instead? Like, right now, we have:

The stars are just greyed out, which makes them blend in a bit. If they were shaded in red, they’d attract attention better (red stands out). The signal sent by the red stars would easily let the players see whether they have yet to rate the game.

It might seem redundant, as the grey stars indicate the same thing, but from what I gather, this update is intended to make it easier to know if you have left a game unrated. The main complaint against the current system is that it takes focus away from chat, and the red star system would at least take care of that while also serving the purpose of the Rate tab.

Sorry if this is a bit long winded/silly.

Flag Post

I have lost count of how many times i seen something in chat and thought nothing of it or for chat to dc then end up wishing i had screen shooted it. I think kong should let regs of a room that have a certain amount of messages look at chat logs for there own room of the past 12 or 24 hours. And let global mods look at chat logs of all rooms for the past 24 hours while room mods only look at rooms they mod in.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

Regarding the new Rate Tab feature:

While this would be amazing as a toggle (I personally forget to rate most games I play, so this is useful for me), I really doubt we will get a toggle for this, since Kong rarely, if ever, allows user toggles for site features. [..]

It might seem redundant, as the grey stars indicate the same thing, but from what I gather, this update is intended to make it easier to know if you have left a game unrated. The main complaint against the current system is that it takes focus away from chat, and the red star system would at least take care of that while also serving the purpose of the Rate tab.

Thanks for your reply! It’s burying my idea of the toggle quite nicely.
Maybe a message visible in the chat would be a good comprise, at least if that is open? There are other site-related messages there, if I recall correctly, that only one person can see.

To find out which games you have not yet rated, a simple method is to fold out the “Games” menu and click on “see all” for the recent games, bringing you to http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/AdeebNafees/recently-played ; you can see your ratings (or the absence of them) there easily. The idea of popping up this dumb tab after 5 minutes of gameplay, which is usually much too early to rate a game.

Hey, even the server sending me a whisper every 24 hours saying something along the line of “earn 5 Kongregate points by rating these games you played in the last 24 hours” would be preferable to that tab. (I do realize that the tab is probably just some client-side Javascript, while the server suggestion would be more costly.)

Hey, couldn’t Kongregate duplicate the “playlist” feature, and automatically put a game on a “rate list” at the time the tab would have popped up? And take it off that list when a rating is submitted? The code for putting games on and off the playlist could be reused for that. And again, using a message like “check your ratelist for an easy way to earn more Kongregate points” could bring this to our attention.

Or is this rating tab also supposed to work for users who are not logged in?

Flag Post
Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

The stars are just greyed out, which makes them blend in a bit. If they were shaded in red, they’d attract attention better (red stands out). The signal sent by the red stars would easily let the players see whether they have yet to rate the game.

Hmm, upon rereading this, I wouldn’t be surprised if having the greyed-out stars “twinkle” (=blink) to silver and back to grey every 3 minutes or so wouldn’t have enough effect – that and a popup over the word “Rate” which explains that you can earn up to 20 Kongregate points per day by rating games.

Flag Post

Why if i favorite my own game it doesn’t show on my Favorites List?

Flag Post
Originally posted by JonasCarloL:

Why if i favorite my own game it doesn’t show on my Favorites List?

Call the Zombie Eating Dorks

Flag Post

It would be nice too if u can embed images or photos in your shout account. JCL