Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 623 (locked)

16546 posts

Flag Post

How about when we get on Kong, we can always see when exactly the last message was, like put a time next to what someone said so you can know when that person said it and then if chat is quiet you can see how long its been quiet for.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by graveyard890:

How about when we get on Kong, we can always see when exactly the last message was, like put a time next to what someone said so you can know when that person said it and then if chat is quiet you can see how long its been quiet for.

There’s actually a script for that, not sure if it still works though.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by TheCongressman:
Originally posted by graveyard890:

How about when we get on Kong, we can always see when exactly the last message was, like put a time next to what someone said so you can know when that person said it and then if chat is quiet you can see how long its been quiet for.

There’s actually a script for that, not sure if it still works though.

I can confirm that the in-chat timestamp script works, not sure if the mouseover timestamp one does (it’s not included in KongOne because it wasn’t working at the time). The problem is that it doesn’t exactly tell you the time of the last message, but rather the time you got in the room, so a message could be sent at 12:00, you get in the room at 12:01, and the script will say it was at 12:01 (as far as I’ve seen, from switching games and seeing a message reappear when the new game loads, the time is different sometimes).

Still, the script is nice for if you go afk and come back, you can see how active the room was and at what times.

 
Flag Post

2 suggestions.

Threads you posted in
*Threads that you have posted in would have a small symbol by the the “Text Bubble” icon to show that you posted in that thread.

Toggle new reply notifications
*Being able to have a function to notify you if a user ever posts in your thread, or quotes one of your posts. You would also be able to toggle this function.

Just 2 small suggestions.

 
Flag Post

I think you should allow to sort games by which ones have achievements or not.

 
Flag Post

Well this thread looks EXTRA full and I am NOT scanning through all 626 pages (call me lazy but it seems a little excessive) I have one suggestion, a very good and easy to fix thing that would benefit all! Now on the front page, It shows you games, and little blurbs of the game that almost always end in “…” because the blurb is to big to fit into the window, now when I hover over the game, it would make sense to have the “blurb” describing the game to be at the bottom of the big window in full instead of just ending in … but alas, it is not there at all. I believe that everyone would benefit from being able to read a full description. I have passed by many games because all it said was “Using the keyboard help Mr Sush…” and had an indistinguishable blob for a title picture.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by d3agl3:

Well this thread looks EXTRA full and I am NOT scanning through all 626 pages (call me lazy but it seems a little excessive) I have one suggestion, a very good and easy to fix thing that would benefit all! Now on the front page, It shows you games, and little blurbs of the game that almost always end in “…” because the blurb is to big to fit into the window, now when I hover over the game, it would make sense to have the “blurb” describing the game to be at the bottom of the big window in full instead of just ending in … but alas, it is not there at all. I believe that everyone would benefit from being able to read a full description. I have passed by many games because all it said was “Using the keyboard help Mr Sush…” and had an indistinguishable blob for a title picture.

Didn’t used to be that way. The descriptions in the game hovers were taken out in This update.

 
Flag Post

WE NEED A RANDOM GAMES BUTTON!!!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by tghrr:

WE NEED A RANDOM GAMES BUTTON!!!

Used to have one on the front page. They say it was removed due to lack of use.
But you can try This

 
Flag Post

A feature that would be awesome. A progress bar in badges. Per example, in a game you have to run 100m to get the badge. If you only ran 50 metres the progress bar in that badge would be half filled. There’s an example if this feature in TremorGames

 
Flag Post

An automatic thread updater, a tool to allow threads to be refreshed so new posts show in real-time, would be really nice. I know there are other ways of doing it, such as using the features in certain browsers, but it would still be cool to have the option.

 
Flag Post

“The world’s hardest game” should have impossible badge or hard badge which you get if you complete it.

 
Flag Post

Why not use Badge Master to see some impossible badges.. -JCL

Originally posted by ticktatwert:

“The world’s hardest game” should have impossible badge or hard badge which you get if you complete it.

 
Flag Post

There must be a COMPLETED sign when pointing on ACHIEVEMENTS tab when you complete Cards or Badge of the day so that i’ll never be confused.

 
Flag Post

I suggest timestamps for the chat, so you know how many time you’ve missed a message maybe???

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Stuartdw:

I suggest timestamps for the chat, so you know how many time you’ve missed a message maybe???

There’s the In-Chat Timestamp script which shows what time messages were sent at, it works nicely since there isn’t an official one (and most likely won’t be, since most people probably don’t want/need it).

 
This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator
 
Flag Post

Dear Kongretate. Im hoping to get your attention regarding Call of Gods. I feel like the Call of God team on Kongregate is milking the players all they can for money compared to other sites that also have Call of Gods. I fear the only thing Call og Gods team is doing is trying out ways to milk more money from players that already have spendt several 1000$ dollar. All new content is designed to do exactly this. Isnt there some sort of site ethics they have to follow to have a game on kongregate? Right now i know about 1 player at level 130 (140 max) that has reached a barrier and cant move further in the game. I am pretty shure this player have spendt enough money to buy a new car. So I am asking you if this is how Kongregate want games to be on their site? In order to be able to reach the end content of a game you have to spend many 1000$? Is this healthy?

 
Flag Post

Don’t play the game, then.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

Don’t play the game, then.

Who are you? If you are not an Kong employee, im not interested in your opinion. Keep it to yourself.

 
Flag Post

The administration views this thread, but they tend to not reply. If you want to contact them directly, e-mail support@kongregate.com.

As well, you posted in a public forum, so you shouldn’t be upset when undesired people reply. Secondly, you shouldn’t be rude just because someone gave you an answer you didn’t like. Thirdly, Kongregate has no obligation to do anything you said, so they’ll tell you exactly what I just said, but they’ll probably word it nicer.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

The administration views this thread, but they tend to not reply. If you want to contact them directly, e-mail support@kongregate.com.

As well, you posted in a public forum, so you shouldn’t be upset when undesired people reply. Secondly, you shouldn’t be rude just because someone gave you an answer you didn’t like. Thirdly, Kongregate has no obligation to do anything you said, so they’ll tell you exactly what I just said, but they’ll probably word it nicer.

Ah your one of those that know better. And have to comment everything with a smart and better answer. 6529 posts. Not much productive there i think. (One of your posts: Are you gay?, another your my 69 friend. ) Here we have a saying wich is tranlated to : Speach is silver but silence is gold.

 
Flag Post
Speach is silver but silence is gold.

So then speech, like silver, has more uses than silence, like gold. ;)

So in regard to your previous post you can think of it like a sporting type thing. There is no way I would spend $1000 dollars on anything related to sports, but that’s because I do not like them. Some people will because they do like that particular sport and have the means. In my perspective I could say it is a waste of money, but from their’s it is not, they can have a limit it though, sure it may be disappointing when you can’t really afford to go on but you can still enjoy where you are at. And there is always the option to walk away.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:
Speach is silver but silence is gold.

So then speech, like silver, has more uses than silence, like gold. ;)

So in regard to your previous post you can think of it like a sporting type thing. There is no way I would spend $1000 dollars on anything related to sports, but that’s because I do not like them. Some people will because they do like that particular sport and have the means. In my perspective I could say it is a waste of money, but from their’s it is not, they can have a limit it though, sure it may be disappointing when you can’t really afford to go on but you can still enjoy where you are at. And there is always the option to walk away.

I agree with you to a point.
I just think its sad that they force people that cant afford to stop playing. It makes the game less interesting for those that like the game. 9 out of the 10 servers are more or less dead. On server 1 i made a new character and logged inn on an event. During the whole event(rift) I was the only one there) On server 10 there is from 10 to 40 players attending each time. But ive heard that on another site 700+ players attend. It used to be more here but it has been dvindeling alot lately. Im shure they dont care about what the players think as long as they earn some money. Pretty shure they dont care if they get money from game addicted people also. Im pretty familiar with the term addicted since ive played mmorpgs mmorpg since Everquest 2002. And ive heard about peoples life crumbeling over close to free games too. Couples split up becouse of games and even heard that a boy killed his friend becouse he sold an epic weapon. And kids skip school to play or people stay at home sick to play. What worries me is how they put cost on everything instead of a few things and make the barrier to continue so hard that even spending extremely much money you cant progress. The last part is what worries me most. Becouse you even have really much money and it does not matter or you are addicted and spend money becouse you cant stop yourself. My opinion is that trying to get more money from addicted people is a bad way to earn money rather to try even out the income from all of the players by removing some of the cost from some of the content and reducing some of the cost on other. Im not writing this becouse I dont want the people that create the game to earn money but I think how they manage the game is questionable. I love the game itself but not Im not happy about how they run it.

 
Flag Post

It would be spectacular if muting someone kept them from showing up in your activity feed. Random people inviting me to play games I’ll never play, over and over again, fills up the window and hinders the ability to quickly view updates on friends/games.