Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 623

16554 posts

Flag Post

That’s really not the same thing, though I appreciate it!

Flag Post

Suggestion: Filter the word Hi, hey, wassup, sup, hola, and any other greeting from comments. It’s getting annoying with all these noobs just spamming the comments like it’s a shout box.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Godzillasrabbid:

Suggestion: Filter the word Hi, hey, wassup, sup, hola, and any other greeting from comments. It’s getting annoying with all these noobs just spamming the comments like it’s a shout box.

People read those things? I only read the top rated ones sometimes.

Anyway ignore or down vote, not too tricky to do. :)

Flag Post

I think they should add a system to the chat, lets say some one is cursing and there are no MODs around all that has to happen is the people in that chat room have to vote to silence him for like an hour. Lets say like 20 votes can remove some one from the chat.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Assasin48:

I think they should add a system to the chat, lets say some one is cursing and there are no MODs around all that has to happen is the people in that chat room have to vote to silence him for like an hour. Lets say like 20 votes can remove some one from the chat.

That could easily be abused, since it’s possible to log onto multiple accounts and be in chat with them at the same time. If no mod is around, you can report them on their profile.

EDIT @below: Actually, screenshot proof doesn’t matter, and is often not trusted anyways, since they can be edited to show something that didn’t actually happen, and since the admins reviewing the reports have access to the chat logs, so they’ll be able to see what was said anyways.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Assasin48:

I think its possible as 1234aaa789 said, to report individual users on their profiles.
Although it could be a hassle because you have to wait ’till it gets reviewed, it still works.

Nonetheless, if you dislike the language, you should just take a screenshot (for evidence), mute the person, report them, and your problem is solved.

Flag Post

I have a question, do the chat rooms combine users of the same types of games?

If you are going to have fewer chat rooms, maybe it would be wise to match chat rooms to the same types of games so more like minded people meet each other.

Segregate the chatting populations by game tags so like minded people meet. (people chatting about RPGs meet others who chat about adventure games, try to get people with similar tastes together, so they move from new game to new game)

Then load balance the tags so about an even distribution of chatters populate each.

I think it might also be good to have a mini chat room built into the Title/Rate/Views/Instructions/Updates pane for every game. So a chat room is always present. (remove user list, smaller text list, one line height text entry. This is not to remove the fulll chat room, just to have even a tiny chat built into all panes)

Flag Post

So, I’ve read through a few topics on the subject, and I’m sure that you guys get this question all the time, but… Can we please be able to change our Usernames? People change, their interests, their attitudes, what makes them pick a certain name in the first place… It would be very nice to be able to adapt our Usernames to suit us as we grow as people. This may sound sort of severe, but I know that I myself am almost to the point of forgoing all of the badges I’ve earned, my progress in all of the games I’ve played, even the kreds I’ve obtained, so that I can make a new account with a new Username. I understand the issues that come from being able to, links breaking and the like, but… Shouldn’t there be some way to work around that? Just assign people a User Number for their profile when they first sign up, and have that be the link to their profile instead of their Username? It would require generation of U.N.’s for existing members, but it would solve that issue, and there would only be one universal breakage of profile links, instead of one every time someone changed their name. Is there something else holding it back, or is that the only thing?

Flag Post

How about fixing “Heir”….i only need the “Slaughter Of The Colossus” badge and i will get Elemental medal…i mean every now and then you fall through the ground…Chapter 2 needs more checkpoints…just saying…

Flag Post

I think you guys should make a Chatting app so people could talk to people while on their mobile devices. It would be a good idea.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cargo11900:

I think you guys should make a Chatting app so people could talk to people while on their mobile devices. It would be a good idea.

Chat moves pretty fast a lot of the time, and mobile keyboards are a lot harder and slower to type on, typically.

If you want to say something to someone that can’t wait, tell them via profiles.

Flag Post

Suggestion: Provide a hash function for PMs and let admins see the result (I’m assuming PMs have a backend identifier). This will allow people to prove that they received a certain PM without giving the admins access to their PMs.

Flag Post

When a forum post is removed, include the name of the person who removed it.

This post has been removed by [name of administrator or moderator].

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dartval:

When a forum post is removed, include the name of the person who removed it.

This post has been removed by [name of administrator or moderator].

Because mods want it to be easy for users to harass them right?

If the reason why it was removed was vague, a lot of the time a mod posts why. Otherwise it was probably pretty obvious. You can also ask anyone of the forum mods for that forum for clarification if you really want to.

Flag Post

I wish a window would pop up before I fully mute someone. A warning; ‘Are you sure you want to mute this person?’ or something like that. I muted my friend (by accident) once. It took me 1 week or so to realize, haha.

Flag Post

So, I had an idea while I was in the shower today, how well-received it will be, I don’t know.

Say you have a whole bunch of friends online at one time, in the same chatroom. Rather than continuously checking your friends list or scrolling on the members in chat list, why not implement some sort of feature where you can “tag” certain users. By tagging them, when they sign online, they would appear automatically at the top of the users list (Before or after mods, either/or), and they could be denoted by like a check mark or something by their name. You could toggle it on/off, and of course you would choose who you would want to appear there.

That way, if there’s someone you want to talk to or know if they’re online in that chatroom, it’s easy to see.
Again, this was just an idea I had in the shower so I threw up together quick on here.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LethalMutiny:

So, I had an idea while I was in the shower today, how well-received it will be, I don’t know.

Say you have a whole bunch of friends online at one time, in the same chatroom. Rather than continuously checking your friends list or scrolling on the members in chat list, why not implement some sort of feature where you can “tag” certain users. By tagging them, when they sign online, they would appear automatically at the top of the users list (Before or after mods, either/or), and they could be denoted by like a check mark or something by their name. You could toggle it on/off, and of course you would choose who you would want to appear there.

That way, if there’s someone you want to talk to or know if they’re online in that chatroom, it’s easy to see.
Again, this was just an idea I had in the shower so I threw up together quick on here.

There’s a script I saw a while ago that would (I believe) alert you when friends enter and leave chat, though it’s most likely very outdated by now and wouldn’t work (if you’d like to try here’s the link, and this post talks about it). And there’s also the Kongregate Superior Friends script that displays friends at the top of chat order, before mods and admins. I think it’d be neat to have notifications for when friends enter/leave chat, but at the same time it’d suck if it was mandatory, so maybe just having a script version would be best.

Flag Post

Please forgive me if this has already been suggested, but it would be nice to have a simple icon (say a checkmark) beside games we’ve already played/got badges for. There’s been tons of times I look at a game and say “Oh, that sounds fun” only to find out I’ve already beaten that game and gotten all the badges.

Flag Post

Negative Game Rates
Example:
-3 stars ( Game is not interactive at all )
-2 stars (The game is just that bad)
-1 stars (The player didn’t like the game)
These don’t have to be the reasons for the dopwn rating but are still an option

I would like to see a negative rating for games, like if you dont like a game you can rate it down, Limit this to 5 times a day however as people might just spam bad rate on games. Some games are just so terrible that they should get a bad rating.

I once saw a game where it was just a picture of “Peggy hill” from “King of the Hill.”
I rated 1 star and the rating went UP? <Thats bull crap, the last 2 stars quote, “didn’t like it” and “Hated it”
HATED IT DOESN’T MEAN RATING UP!!! I don’t want to help the person who made that game!

Also, like the view of people in the chatbox, i would like to see what others rated it like:

Person 1 rated: 3 stars
Person 2 rated: 4 stars
Person 3 rated: 2 stars

Thank you for reading my post and please consider my 2 suggestions

Flag Post
Originally posted by shakybill2:

I rated 1 star and the rating went UP? <Thats bull crap, the last 2 stars quote, “didn’t like it” and “Hated it”
HATED IT DOESN’T MEAN RATING UP!!! I don’t want to help the person who made that game!

It’s more likely that what happened is while you were on the game some other people rated it, so when you sent your rating it updated to include theirs as well, and they rated it enough to offset the overall rating high enough that your low rating didn’t bring it down.

On a whole, I’m not sure what your suggestion accomplishes other than a different rating boundary (negative rating would essentially just be working on a different scale, if it was -5 to 5 it’d be no different than 0 to 10 which is equivelant to 1 to 5, which is what there is).

Flag Post

there is,you just go the the section that has all the games youve ever played.you dont have to add to favorite to find a game you played in the played in the past.

Flag Post

Suggestion: Allow us to be in different chat rooms at same time. I usually have friends on scattered in different chat rooms and I usually go talk to them all and as well as chat and it doesnt allow me to be in like 4 chat rooms at once. Can you make it so I can be in more than 1 chat room at once, cuz I dont want to switch chat rooms every second to try to keep up with the convos in 4 chats, its hard. Thanks

Flag Post
Originally posted by LakeSnow:

Suggestion: Allow us to be in different chat rooms at same time. I usually have friends on scattered in different chat rooms and I usually go talk to them all and as well as chat and it doesnt allow me to be in like 4 chat rooms at once. Can you make it so I can be in more than 1 chat room at once, cuz I dont want to switch chat rooms every second to try to keep up with the convos in 4 chats, its hard. Thanks

You can whisper them across rooms, or use a Kong+ private room between you all. There’s no real reason to just be in multiple regular chat rooms at the same time.

Flag Post

Can we have a nostalgia week on Kong every year? That would be a great reward for the older users, especially with the bout of nostalgia. I’m not sure if it is impossible for the admins to do this, but I think reverting to an old site from a cache or something? I dunno.

Flag Post

You should be able to select multiple tags and categories to find games that you like, at the moment you can only select one, this isn’t at all useful when looking for a specific type of game, for example you want a 3d shooter, you have to either go to the shooter category or go to the unity tag, being able to have multiple filters would be much more useful searching for games. Also the racing and sports category should be split, racing is a sport but in games it doesn’t really belong in the same category as sports.