Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 627 (locked)

16546 posts

Flag Post

I personally think there should be a filter option in a individuals settings. Like you could change between strong, moderate, and weak. The strong, would have almost every major swear word stared out, a little stronger than what it is now. Moderate would probably have the first letter unstarred of the major swear words while the rest is starred and some more words unfiltered. Weak, of course, wouldn’t have a filter. Coming from General, you never know what people are saying with all the stars they post. Also, with this, I also think it would be a good idea to have an age limit to which option they can pick. So say x person is 13-15, they can only choose strong or moderate filter until they are older.

And I really do think the email moderation, where you ban an email if it has x amount of accounts you guys are working on is a WONDERFUL idea. It would prevent a lot of alt accounts.

Flag Post

http://m1307.hizliresim.com/1c/j/qcx4k.png
As you can see here, I can only see the predicted rating. What if I want to see the real rating? There should either be an options to show it instead of the predicted rating or it should show both the predicted and the real rating together. (I prefer the second one.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by mosemizrahi:

http://m1307.hizliresim.com/1c/j/qcx4k.png
As you can see here, I can only see the predicted rating. What if I want to see the real rating? There should either be an options to show it instead of the predicted rating or it should show both the predicted and the real rating together. (I prefer the second one.)

The “real” rating is in the game description before you hover over it…

Flag Post

Yeah, but you can’t see the game description from the main page.

Flag Post

Kongregate should put a mute button on every games page right next to the cinematic mode button. That way developers wouldn’t have to program a mute button for every game that they make.

Flag Post
Originally posted by austin_farmer90:

Kongregate should put a mute button on every games page right next to the cinematic mode button. That way developers wouldn’t have to program a mute button for every game that they make.

It’s been discussed. Evidently is hard/impossible for Kong to implement such a thing.

Flag Post

Damn, that sucks. It would save a lot of time in the development stage.

Flag Post

For me, I absolutely love Cinematic Mode that Kongregate added a while ago. I use it almost every time and I highly suggest everyone use it. The only problem is that only some games have a locked display size and as a result, even i cinematic mode, i have this giant screen but a tiny game window. I suggest adding more Cinematic mode support:
1) ability to move (click drag) that game screen to any location on the actual window.
2) ability to resize the game window, or provide support for resizing

Flag Post

I’ve two points to discuss.

1.) A reply button for comments so you don’t have to search through comments.

2.) Many comments made by people who can’t speak English have got negative votes, I think that this should be stopped (or add a translate option, that is on SOME browsers, not all of them.)

Flag Post

It may well have been suggested before, but reading through 630 pages of suggestions isn’t really going to happen.

Please, remove this “Invites you to play” nonsense. I’ve been on Kong for years, this is nothing but spam. People I don’t know, or probably want to know, sending messages repeatedly inviting me to play games I’ve already tried or have no intention of trying. It renders the activity feed useless and I simply don’t check any messages any more as it’s simply spam. It was nice to try, but it is just an annoyance abused by users for some reason. Yu-Gi-Oh! BAM! for example is a prime suspect, and I suspect it drives it in some way to achieve this level of spam. Not a game I’ll ever play for this reason alone.

So, kick out the spammers, Kong. Kill this terrible ‘feature’.

Flag Post

I agree with Baps, Cosign this suggestion, one of the best suggestions I seen so far.

Flag Post

A quicker way to remove friends. I added tons for a game and no longer want them. One at a time is cazy

Flag Post
Originally posted by Finlanderboy:

A quicker way to remove friends. I added tons for a game and no longer want them. One at a time is cazy

Their is This Greasmonkey script that removes all your friends.

Flag Post

they shold have railgun on facebook too i am just saying this on kongrgate becuse i cant say it on facebook

Flag Post
Originally posted by pizzaking555:

they shold have railgun on facebook too i am just saying this on kongrgate becuse i cant say it on facebook

But this is only for suggestions about Kongregate, not on facebook.

Flag Post

box head is a fun “classic” zombie shooter add that game if you don’t have it (i haven’t looked for it here)

Flag Post
Originally posted by evilkid427:

box head is a fun “classic” zombie shooter add that game if you don’t have it (i haven’t looked for it here)

There’s a bunch of ‘Boxhead’ games on Kongregate.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kellathor:
Originally posted by evilkid427:

There’s a bunch of ‘Boxhead’ games on Kongregate.

and they all suck

Flag Post

I have a few suggestions that are small things, but It’d be nice to have them.

1: In chat, when someone you have friend-ed says something, their name should appear green, or blue, or some color that would draw your eye. Because there are times when I’m playing a game, and I need to focus on the game, but don’t want to miss something that a friend says (Like if they’re talking to me). I want to be able to see it and be able to reply to it. Not so easy to do so with everyone’s names the same color. 2: When you go to your badges, to find one that you feel like doing, It’d be nice if there was a button to take you to a random page of badges. Or maybe more filtered genre buttons. Like, maybe “Point & Click” could be one. “Zombies” could be another one, because I know there are alot of games with zombies in em out there. Another one could be “Card Games”. And maybe you could split ones like “Sports and Racing” Into “Sports”, and “Racing”, as two different categories. 3: The option to remove a comment that you post on a game. Maybe similar to the kind of thing they have on Youtube. Like where you scroll over your comment, and a little gear (options) is there. And you have the ability to remove said comment if you want to remove it for some reason (i.e. you made an embarrassing spelling error, or maybe you just want to remove it because you said something you immediately wish you hadn’t said). It would be a small change, but It’d be useful.

Flag Post
Originally posted by deathpotato12:

1: there is as script for that, not sure where.

2: :D

3: It exists: http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/deathpotato12/comments

Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:
Originally posted by deathpotato12:

1: there is as script for that, not sure where.

It’s the Chat Line Highlighting script, or can also be found as part of Kongregate One.

Flag Post

Suggestion: Personalised Badge Showcase
You can choose your favourite 6 achievements to show on your profile. If you have a few badges that you like and want to show, why not have a little space where you can?

Is better kong no longer being updated? Should I replace it with kongregate one?

Flag Post

Number of ratings given to a game.

It’d be interesting to see how many ratings some “top rated” games have been given compared to others. It would certainly help with new badges if raw and greg can see if games are ONLY rated high because of the type of player it gets pre-badge, or if the game is consistently getting a 5 from a much larger pool of players.

Indirectly this feature would also help with estimating how many unique plays the game gets, which will show how truly popular it is.

Flag Post

How about some Forum Stats? Like on a side or something show us who has the most posts all time on Kong forums like top 10, most posts within last week/day/month, just like how they do it with Level points, do it with Kong Forum Posts too. Also show us the most viewed topic or most replied to thread or etc, at least the top 10 and also show us who has started most threads. That way we can know some forum stats of who has the most posts on here and what thread is the most replied to so people dont always have to keep asking WHO HAS THE MOST POSTS ON HERE. Thanks

Flag Post

There should be a place to see a complete list of moderators. Unless there is such a place which I don’t know about.