Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 634

16579 posts

Flag Post

1. Being able to buy Skins with Kreds, average pricing of 20-50?
I hate having a boring, skeleton like profile.

2. Debit card option for buying K+
I think it would give more people the chance to buy your K+ subscription.
I don’t have a debit card yet so i’ve worked something out with my dad, but he doesn’t want to make a paypal account and he doesn’t want to buy stuff with a credit card, therefore i’m left with no payment options.

3. Vote for badge of the day polls?
Then the community could decide, but that really takes away the randomness of that the Badge of the Day decision.
I don’t know just an idea.

Thanks for reading my suggestions.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sorghum:

I think i might of said this before… there should be a random game button, that you know brings you to a random game if you don’t know what to play next.

You could just go to Badge Master, it’s easy enough to use.
You can search for badges by Genre, you can also search for difficulty of badges.

There is also the achievement part of Kong where you can go to any page of the latest badges, go to a random page and pick a game, away you go. :P

Flag Post

There should also be a Report a Chat Room option. So when like the entire chat room is misbehaving we report the chat. And the more reports the chat gets, then the more they will need a Mod so then Admins will try their best to put a Mod there or to make it better.

Flag Post

There should also be a Report a Chat Room option. So when like the entire chat room is misbehaving we report the chat.

Modcall or just include the time, time zone, and name of the chat room in an abuse report with a little description. It’s kind of the whole aspect of flagging one post with a description rather than flagging every post in a thread.

I know chat rivalries/room attacks/etc. happen, and the button itself could be wildly ambiguous to users new and old. Hell, the buttons we do have are still wildly ambiguous to some users. Besides, mods are users, too. They go where they want when they want and mod where they want when they want. It’s not like the admins can say “X mod, tend to Y room.” and it happens. It’s a nice idea in theory, but I don’t see it being effective unless Kong puts the mods on the payroll.

Flag Post

Small Kong Chat
To unlock you need to have played 5 of the top 10 multiplayer games and gotten at least 25 badges. When your playing any game this chat will come up on the side as if you are playing a multiplayer game. The general multiplayer chat is primarily for people who play a lot of different multiplayer games and want to stay connected. When you are in this chat your name will be in green in all open chats. On the right side of this chat there would be two tabs a multiplayer general chat and a + tab. Click the plus tab to add another chat. You could open up to 10 new tabs each for a different multiplayer game with its own chat.
(example if I am playing KAL I could look into the elements chat and type there)

(my name would appear green to other players)

Senior Kong Chat
As you are on kong for a long time you unlock a new chat tab each year. These chats are for older members to talk about the good old times, and good old days. It would be a tab right next to the game tab with an arrow down to switch from senior chat 1 to 5 or Dev / dead game chat

1 year – Chat 1 unlocked + Developers chat (a chat with the intent to teach people how to make a game Developers can go to this chat before a year, This chat would also show Kickstarrers for new games)

2 years – Chat 2 unlocked

3 years – Chat 3 unlocked

4 years – Chat 4 unlocked

5+ years – Chat 5 and Dead games chat unlocked. (dead games chat is a chat to talk about mostly multiplayer games that are dead or removed. SF:DG, ROS, BYM, SS, BR@W and more for those who were not here for those they are Straighter dispute galaxy, Remnants of sky stone, backyard monsters, battle realms at war, sacred seasons))

Flag Post

sugestion=it would be good to have an acount save sistem on kong…

i say to save your saved files of games directly on your acount and not in your computer =/

Flag Post

there are a ton of free users and im assuming kong does not want to nor have the money to get servers to hold all of that data

Flag Post

I would like to be able to search by developer name in the “Search games & more” box.

Flag Post

there should be an option to remove games from the “trending” box and bring up new ones. it almost never changes, and now i’m tired of seeing min hero: tower of sages on there four times in a row and all these other games that i’m not interested in playing. the remove option is there in recommended games and recommended badges but for some reason not in the trending box. without an option to remove suggestions i’d rather see the old “feed” that showed us what our friends were earning/commenting on.

i’d also like to see the featured games section update more frequently, like it used to, but with so many paying companies that want to generate revenue through premiums it’s probably not gonna happen.

Flag Post

i think you need to bring back the random game button

Flag Post

I think they should show the full description when you mouse-over a game.
The way it is now, is just worthless.

Flag Post

I was about to say exactly the same as Tobi1202, that pop-up thing (I don’t know the correct word for that) it’s completely useless. I never used the playlist button.

Flag Post

I know I’ve seen a post on this before, but a comprehensive search would be awesome. Filtering by game tags, badges (difficulty, already awarded or not), played before (detect saves on computer, I assume, plus checking awarded badges) would be an amazing addition, and if you don’t do anything else, please, please, please allow search options to strictly include or exclude multiplayer games. I have an intermittent internet connection (personal problem, I know.) and it’d be nice to immediately filter out those games which require a constant connection.

Also, I feel that there should be a rating system in addition to the 1-5 stars—Some games I’ve played seem like they’re good, but they’re just not up my alley. I don’t want to rate them poorly—The developers worked hard on them, and perhaps accomplished exactly what they set out to, and with great quality—I just don’t like them, and as a fairly long-time Kongregate user, having my Kongregate profile “know” me a little better would be nice. Some users might rate games more often if there was a section of the website one could navigate to which would allow a user to rate games they’ve completed some time ago. Lastly, I imagine the beast of code required for this would be difficult to pull off, but a ‘other users who enjoyed this also enjoyed’ section at the bottom of the screen would be pretty interesting, placed either above or below the recommended games section.

Flag Post

hi guys,what about daily kongkreds?,it isnt a bad idea right?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hattory2:

Kreds cost real money, so it’s not feasible to give them out for free to everyone daily.

Flag Post

They could give 0.00000000000000000000000000000001 kreds daily if you log in for the day, though!

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

Kreds cost real money, so it’s not feasible to give them out for free to everyone daily.

HOLD ON. Mabye 1 Kred a week? its not fair but well yeah, its kreds.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnRovi123:
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

HOLD ON. Mabye 1 Kred a week? its not fair but well yeah, its kreds.

1 Kred a week over the course of a year is 52 Kreds, or $5.20 per user per year. If one million accounts claimed the weekly Kred (keep in mind there are over 12.9 million registered accounts, and that number is only increasing), that’s over five million dollars a year that Kongregate would have to pay, and even if it’s a much smaller fraction of users that claim the Kreds, it would still add up to a significant amount of money, and that money has to come from somewhere (that’s why free Kred events are sparse, since they rely on sponsorships).

Flag Post

i have a good idea why not when u enter kong there is an arrow at the right side okay press that arrow and u can chat with your friends and all without having to play any games sorry if this has been posted before i hope u like my suggestion also another thing why not give kong a new them like the place which is white u can turn it into black with green curved lines it will look much cooler than white and red:) also an option to turn chat off because it really lags sometimes:/

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

A suggestion that would please me tremendously if acted upon, would be for the increase of the maximum length of the pm’s. 2000 characters is pretty short (or maybe I tend to write too elaborately). It regularly occurs that I have to split a pm in 2 or 3 or even 4 pieces (5 is my current max I think) and number them to be able to send what I wrote. The vast majority of times it happens however, is when I reach 2100 characters or something. A doubling of the maximum limit to 4000 would solve 99% of my “pm’s-cannot-be-made-long-enough” troubles. This is actually the only site where I ever run into these problems. Most sites allow the same amount of characters in their pm’s as in their forum posts.

Flag Post

REALM OF THE MAD GOD is a game and I hate it when I die so why not keep stuff but loose leavel

Flag Post

plz stop spam bots in nexus protester spam bots saying mmmmmm a lot I lag like hell and my computer crashed

Flag Post
Originally posted by rpg47:

REALM OF THE MAD GOD is a game and I hate it when I die so why not keep stuff but loose leavel

Permadeath is a major draw to that game, so I seriously doubt they’d change that. Besides, this is a suggestions thread for the main site, you’d need to address the individual developer about any game suggestions for them.

Flag Post

Add steam ID’s to our profile as a seperate box, such as Gamertag and Playstation name.