Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 634 (locked)

16592 posts

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

A suggestion that would please me tremendously if acted upon, would be for the increase of the maximum length of the pm’s. 2000 characters is pretty short (or maybe I tend to write too elaborately). It regularly occurs that I have to split a pm in 2 or 3 or even 4 pieces (5 is my current max I think) and number them to be able to send what I wrote. The vast majority of times it happens however, is when I reach 2100 characters or something. A doubling of the maximum limit to 4000 would solve 99% of my “pm’s-cannot-be-made-long-enough” troubles. This is actually the only site where I ever run into these problems. Most sites allow the same amount of characters in their pm’s as in their forum posts.

Flag Post

REALM OF THE MAD GOD is a game and I hate it when I die so why not keep stuff but loose leavel

Flag Post

plz stop spam bots in nexus protester spam bots saying mmmmmm a lot I lag like hell and my computer crashed

Flag Post
Originally posted by rpg47:

REALM OF THE MAD GOD is a game and I hate it when I die so why not keep stuff but loose leavel

Permadeath is a major draw to that game, so I seriously doubt they’d change that. Besides, this is a suggestions thread for the main site, you’d need to address the individual developer about any game suggestions for them.

Flag Post

Add steam ID’s to our profile as a seperate box, such as Gamertag and Playstation name.

Flag Post

As far as i can tell there is no flag topic button, only flag post. Some topics could use a flag button.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jooe15:

As far as i can tell there is no flag topic button, only flag post. Some topics could use a flag button.

In most cases, you should just flag the main post and say that you’re flagging the thread as a whole, the forum mods will understand.

Flag Post

That’s the point. Play better.

plz stop spam bots in nexus protester spam bots saying mmmmmm a lot I lag like hell and my computer crashed

Kabam’s been working on keeping away spambots for a long while now. Lower the quality, remove shadows, close all of your other programs, and use the flash projector if you want to reduce lag.

Originally posted by Tetsuo_Shima:

Is this for private chat messages or whispers? What would you manually type in chat that would be over 8000 characters in length for one message?

Flag Post

Is this for private chat messages or whispers? What would you manually type in chat that would be over 8000 characters in length for one message?

Profile whispers. I have also hit the 2000-character limit on occasion, though at least Kong is kind enough to tell you that you’ve hit the limit before you send your post so that you can split it up yourself without having to go back and re-type everything.

Flag Post

Game hovers should be added to forum links to games.

Flag Post

Something I would like to see are profiles similar to the regular desktop ones on mobile devices without having to change the user agent.
The profiles on mobile devices are completely useless. You can’t access stuff like the user’s point history or forum posts.

Flag Post

My suggestion: FIX THIS NOW

Flag Post

I’m sure this has been questioned before, but why did the tip jar go away?

Flag Post
Originally posted by trickyrodent:

Basically, very few people were tipping, and a substantial percentage of the tips were fraudulent. The system was expensive to maintain, largely because of the complexity involved (tax implications, support for developers all around the world). We were also always on the lookout for possible money laundering. There have also been times when we wanted to do kreds as prizes or giveaways but weren’t able to, due to the issues listed above.

Full post here:http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/307728-ending-the-tipping-program

Flag Post

I hope I’m not repeating old suggestions, but 636 pages is too much for me to read.

Last I checked there wasn’t a warning of any kind when your message exceeds the character limit in chat.
So I vote for a stopper when a chat message reaches the character limit. It’s quite cruel the way it just cuts you off and deletes half of your message.

I’d also like for a possiblity to chat in one game room while playing another game. Shouldn’t be too difficult to make. Something similar to the chat room browser in the main chat.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Demens:

Last I checked there wasn’t a warning of any kind when your message exceeds the character limit in chat.
So I vote for a stopper when a chat message reaches the character limit. It’s quite cruel the way it just cuts you off and deletes half of your message.

Try the Character-limit script, it works quite nicely.

Flag Post

How about being able to search for a friend on your profile instead of having to keep clicking the numbers?

Flag Post

I pretty often lose game saves, and, seeing as I’ve put quite some time into levelling my characters (e.g. Sonny and this damn Elona Shooter that never got sequel) and maxing out the achievements, just say “screw it, I’m going OP” and use Cheat Engine, simply to have some good time (mind that I don’t use this to get badges, it’s retarted and takes away fun from achieving anything). Could be there any way to implement killswitch for high scores, just so that people like me, who want to mess around with their hilariously overpowered chars, aren’t screwing up the leaderboards? You know, just one button that turns off APIs or something, I have no clue how exactly it works.

I just don’t want to have to log out of kong every single time I want to become some kind of Vengeful God of Whatever and kill everything in sight. Plus, it’s unfair for people who really are pro in some games, seeing as they’re constantly “beaten” by cheaters.

Flag Post

@Shadow9Vesper, it’s okay if you use cheat engine, you don’t need to worry about non-legitimate highscores, they will either be removed automatically… or not. Nobody really cares, anyway. Beware, though, that if you attempt to cheat in some MMO game, it may (or may not) result in a ban of your account in that game, depending on the nature of cheating (because cheating will most likely also make impact on other players who play legitimately). Also, if you are getting a lot of badges through unhonest means, you will most likely get points substracted from your account (but it isn’t an issue if you don’t care about points, levels and such).

Flag Post

I’m not into browser mmo, so I don’t have to worry :P And I use CE only on games I’ve already beaten, so this issue’s also automatically taken care of too. Thing is it’s damn shameful to see myself at the top when I haven’t basically done anything. Oh, well. Seems I care too much ;)

Flag Post

I think it would be awesome if, in the game listings, there were small badges or stickers or whatever on the games listed that would tell you if the game has achievements, and another that would tell you if you’ve played the game before.

The feature could even be taken a step further by having the badges give more info. Maybe the one that shows if there are achievements could also show you your progress (or even just a number telling how many a player hasn’t gotten). The one showing if you’ve played could have a simple image for having played the game, a colorful version for having beaten the game, and a crown for having a high score in a game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by j64e:

@Shadow9Vesper, it’s okay if you use cheat engine, you don’t need to worry about non-legitimate highscores, they will either be removed automatically… or not. Nobody really cares, anyway. Beware, though, that if you attempt to cheat in some MMO game, it may (or may not) result in a ban of your account in that game, depending on the nature of cheating (because cheating will most likely also make impact on other players who play legitimately). Also, if you are getting a lot of badges through unhonest means, you will most likely get points substracted from your account (but it isn’t an issue if you don’t care about points, levels and such).

Just wanted to add, you could receive a ban, as well. Though, I know you said you don’t get badges that way.

Flag Post

Oh okay, DRK, i didn’t know that. I just said so because i remember that guy, who has created a thread about bagdes, while he got them not legitimately, and he is still not banned.
Also, speaking of cheating, is there any reliable way to detect, let’s say, speedhack x0.5 on games that require quick reaction? One of the ways i see is that the dev adds real time count and frame count and then compares them; though for some people it may be lag instead of speedhack. Is there any other way of checking?
Also, it’s probably not related to the thread much, sorry about that, won’t continue asking further.

Flag Post

I didn’t specify what type of ban. Not all types of bans are visible to the average user. As for the rest, I don’t know. Even if I did, I probably wouldn’t share because that would just give secrets out and advantages to the hackers.