Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 634 (locked)

16546 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by HegemonyLeague:

Pokemon Subforum request

I think that considering the sheer number of Pokemon fanatics within the target age range of Kongregate that making a subforum for Pokemon under Gaming would be a great idea. How Kongregate doesn’t already have one is beyond me but I’m absolutely certain that it’d be a very popular.

It’s a game, so if anything the discussion should just be held in General Gaming. It doesn’t need its own forum, since then you could say that any game franchise deserves its own, and then why not go to any movie or book franchise, it really just leads down a slippery path.

Just because something is poplar doesn’t mean it requires its own forum. There are other sites whose sole purposes are to host Pokemon discussions, so those would be the kinds of places to look, whereas Kongregate is a more general space where subdividing the forums doesn’t work as well (especially with non-site hosted games, it works easier when it’s for games hosted on Kongregate, and even then not all get them).

Flag Post

It doesn’t need its own forum, since then you could say that any game franchise deserves its own, and then why not go to any movie or book franchise, it really just leads down a slippery path.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

Flag Post

It doesn’t need its own forum, since then you could say that any game franchise deserves its own, and then why not go to any movie or book franchise, it really just leads down a slippery path.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

I honestly hate when people try to use those in situations that they don’t apply, because there’s always one that fits any given situation (and I’m not wrong in saying what I did, since people have and will continue to try to abuse anything which benefits any other group in order to benefit themselves, in this case it’s the fact that if fans of one game series get their wish, others will absolutely be asking for a forum for their favourite game series). That was not my main point, rather that it’s completely unnecessary to have a forum dedicated to something which Kongregate neither hosts nor sponsors nor is sponsored by, especially since there’s already General Gaming for the discussion of games (shocking, isn’t it), and many other sites where the discussion is welcomed.

Besides, you gave no reason whatsoever why the forum should exist other than that “it would be very popular,” which, you know, puts the burden of proof on you, and then if you go ahead and say something like “because it has so many sales and fans” will lead directly back to my point about how other games/movies/books would then warrant their own forums as well.

Flag Post

My request still stands, I would like a Pokemon series subforum.

Flag Post

No actually you are the one trying to use the Burden of Proof fallacy on me… I think you need to reread the descriptions.

I did read it, you’re the one that said, and I quote:

I’m absolutely certain that it’d be a very popular.

Please prove to me that it would be, and that it is the only game that absolutely would warrant its own forum, and prove that no other game would.

I’m done with the discussion, either way, since obviously I’ve given my input that it’s not necessary, and you’ve given your input to the contrary. Either way, this thread is for suggestions, not logical debates, if I wanted to partake in those I’d go to Serious Discussion, which I avoid for reasons such as this discussion has brought up (i.e., people throwing around logical fallacy claims as their only line of defense).

EDIT: Thank you for editing your post as I was typing mine out, well played.

EDIT2 @below: If you read through my post, you’d see that my first quote quotes what you originally said above this, however you edited it, and are now trying to claim that you did not, in fact, say what I have quoted you as saying.

Flag Post
EDIT: Thank you for editing your post as I was typing mine out, well played.

What?

Flag Post

I would love Kongregate offline, similar to Google Docs. Could preload the ads and games. I hear YouTube is doing it

Flag Post
Originally posted by ybomfugue:

I would love Kongregate offline, similar to Google Docs. Could preload the ads and games. I hear YouTube is doing it

To me it looked like YouTube was just allowing users to download videos and then watch them later when they might not have an internet connection (though oddly enough YouTube used to allow videos to be preloaded, but due to some protocol change they no longer do by default), and Kongregate somewhat has that ability with a select amount of games here (you’re allowed to download those games to add them to any site, so I’d assume you’d also be allowed to just download them for future play offline as well).

Alternatively, you could actually play (almost) any Kongregate game offline anyways by directly accessing the .swf location (for example, Blosics 2 which I just was able to play without being connected to the internet). Also makes for some great full-screen action too (useful for some games like Transformice where you can suddenly see more of the gameplay area).

Flag Post

I would like to see some “lights off” effect on kong, to play some scary games!
Like here

Flag Post
Originally posted by Adlenl2:

I would like to see some “lights off” effect on kong, to play some scary games!
Like here

You can pretty much do that by clicking “Cinematic Mode” at the top of the game screen.

Flag Post

For the badge of the day I think that depending on how difficult it is for the badge there should be some kreds awarded with it (ie. an easy badge gives 1 kred, medium gives 3 and hard gives 5)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Legend_Killa:

For the badge of the day I think that depending on how difficult it is for the badge there should be some kreds awarded with it (ie. an easy badge gives 1 kred, medium gives 3 and hard gives 5)

There are too many users that earn the Badge of the Day that it would be impractical to give Kreds for them, especially since Kreds are real money. Let’s assume that 10,000 people check-in and get the BotD, and maybe it’s just 1 Kred along with it, that’s still $1,000 each day that Kong would have to be paying out, it’s just not feasible (even if the number is lower, it just wouldn’t add up).

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

This is why Kongregate has so many trolls and alts. We need a Verify Email option so that whenever someone joins Kong, they need to go verify their email and join so that they can officially join Kong. We dont have any of that option so trolls are taking advantage and post fake emails and they get in right away.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LakeSnow:

This is why Kongregate has so many trolls and alts. We need a Verify Email option so that whenever someone joins Kong, they need to go verify their email and join so that they can officially join Kong. We dont have any of that option so trolls are taking advantage and post fake emails and they get in right away.

Actually, people don’t need fake e-mails to make multiple accounts. Just ask anyone who has been permabanned dozens of times. Their e-mails aren’t banned.

Flag Post
Originally posted by IceWeaselX:

Actually, people don’t need fake e-mails to make multiple accounts. Just ask anyone who has been permabanned dozens of times. Their e-mails aren’t banned.

Thats what I am saying, they should ban their emails too and not let them come back on with fake emails as well.

Flag Post
Originally posted by IceWeaselX:

Thats what I am saying, they should ban their emails too and not let them come back on with fake emails as well.

Except Kong have made it known that that is not what they want. They intend to give people a clean slate in most cases. New account, fresh start. Their philosophy is one of leniency, so that even past offenders can eventually become sociable and add to the community rather than block people out en masse.

Flag Post

We need new multiplayer game achievements.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Garflin:

We need new multiplayer game achievements.

Check out the Badge Suggestions thread and post any ideas you have there.

Flag Post

A “recently added badges”. Basically it shows what games recently got badges added, i ONLY play games with badges, so I would like to know if a certain game now has badges. I also think the exit chat mode could help. My computer isnt the best and sometimes I would like to save my CPU power but chat sometimes slows it down by 2 points, thats really useful to me because i have music in a seperate tag.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fierce_DeityX1:

A “recently added badges”. Basically it shows what games recently got badges added, i ONLY play games with badges, so I would like to know if a certain game now has badges. I also think the exit chat mode could help. My computer isnt the best and sometimes I would like to save my CPU power but chat sometimes slows it down by 2 points, thats really useful to me because i have music in a seperate tag.

Achievements → All badges → Sort: Newest First

Flag Post
Originally posted by randomboy839:

And to turn off chat you just have to click one of the other options (game or achievements).

Flag Post

Please add a use case where leaving a shout on your own profile (which is essentially a status update) doesn’t trigger a notification of a new shout.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SimonDK:
Originally posted by randomboy839:

And to turn off chat you just have to click one of the other options (game or achievements).

Nah, the chat will still be running on your comp you just won’t see it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thorene:

Nah, the chat will still be running on your comp you just won’t see it.

If you load up a game and another tab other than the chat one is shown, then chat is not loaded unless you click onto the chat tab. If you load it up and chat is shown right away, then switching to another doesn’t “close” chat, so it’s still running then, but the next time you load up a game it’ll not.