Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 639

16581 posts

Flag Post

Not to mention the process (as outlined in the FAQ) does take a while. Remember you can always use GlobalModFriend to find a mod that may be online if the one in your room isn’t responding, and if you have any mod suggestions, try emailing support@kongregate.com to bring them to the admin’s attention.

And if you’re concerned they’re not doing their job, you can always bring it up with them privately or report them to administration if necessary. We try our best.

I hope you don’t mean me… Llama :(

Flag Post

Stots, it’s a misconception that moderation is a job. That’s why I made a point to say they’re volunteers, because by definition, it’s not a job. Something that needs to be better understood by the average user is that moderators don’t have to moderate, at least all the time. They’re regular users too, that enjoy the site and using it, and just happen to have a few extra buttons they can use. They’re users first and moderators second, and sometimes they just really, really want to play that new game, or do the BotD, or whatever. Life comes first, too, over Kongregate and moderation. There’s certain activity levels that need to be reached, sure, but they’re not extreme. There’s also no quota or required number of silences and/or bans a moderator needs to make.

Flag Post

Correction noted, I should’ve said that. I meant it more in the sense that the mod is there – active and chatting (so not necessarily preoccupied by a game) but not warning/silencing if someone’s disturbing chat (which is what I assumed Llama meant by ‘not doing their job’).

But you’re right, volunteers.

Flag Post

After seeing this, what do you guys think about an option to preview your posts to check stuff like formatting? Yeah, editing does exist, but I wouldn’t want to go through a large post I already posted to fix stuff like broken quotes or images.

Flag Post
Originally posted by randomboy839:

After seeing this, what do you guys think about an option to preview your posts to check stuff like formatting? Yeah, editing does exist, but I wouldn’t want to go through a large post I already posted to fix stuff like broken quotes or images.

On top of that, it seems the vast majority of the posters on the forums don’t even know the edit button exists.

Flag Post

Dear kong.

Although this profile is fairly new I had an account starting in 08 which carried on until late 2012. Kong used to be a lot more fun. I know it isn’t your fault, a lot of gamers and game developers are focusing on mobile gaming and apps because they can make more money than they could developing flash games. I feel that due to a decrease in volume of good games perhaps you should promote some older games that the new generation of kong hasn’t played. In my opinion the best years for this site were ‘10 and ’11. There were a lot of great tower defence, platform and rpg games coming out every couple weeks. I can’t say i’ve been really hooked on a game lately. I tend to play the new games but only for short periods and I often go back to my old favourites. I’m not a console or mobile gamer in fact other than kong my gaming consists of nes and super nes emulators which is fairly infrequent. I have always liked the badge system and the quests were fun for a while but it all feels pretty stale these days. The badge of the day was a great idea but maybe it should be expanded for multiple game genres. There’s a lot of good games with badges. Maybe you could have a developer of the day, I know a lot of developers have older games that were never badged but are still in the 3.5 to 4 star range and are a lot of fun. You could hold competitions for some of the more challenging games like meat boy or moneyseize, they could span a few hours and require you to get the impossible badge and reward you with more than the 60 points the badge is worth or even a few kreds. I don’t know how feasible my ideas are but I don’t feel like anything exciting is happening here anymore. It used to be a great community and now its lacking. Maybe its me getting older and not being as excited about gaming or maybe its you; either way i hope you do something interesting soon.

Flag Post

marcelproust, regular users have noticed the severe drought in good games lately. We’ve been trying really hard to find older games to suggest badges for. I really encourage you to do the same. :D

Flag Post

Please have an option to turn off a lot of the minor visual tweaks made. Those hover panels are so annoying and generally prevent you from clicking the link that you’re trying to click. As well, I keep getting an AWARD popup in chat, which is really annoying because I keep having to close it, repeatedly.

Flag Post

who is more than 60 lvl on got

Flag Post

Put in an effort to screen ads. Right now there’s an add running for Mountain Dew and Doritos, where you can win an XBox One. That’s nice, allthough it only targets US citizen…
Is it possible to either screen ads to target members? Say, US-ads won’t show up for non-US members etc.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stots:

Not to mention the process (as outlined in the FAQ) does take a while. Remember you can always use GlobalModFriend to find a mod that may be online if the one in your room isn’t responding, and if you have any mod suggestions, try emailing support@kongregate.com to bring them to the admin’s attention.

And if you’re concerned they’re not doing their job, you can always bring it up with them privately or report them to administration if necessary. We try our best.

I hope you don’t mean me… Llama :(

No, of course not you. I’m just saying 99% of the mods are always AFK. What’s the point of volunteering to do something if you’re not gonna do it?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

What every Kongregate game should have, preferably before the game loads:
1.) Sound controls, or at least a mute button
2.) Graphics controls; My guess is that many people use Kongregate, in large part, to play games that actually run on slow computers or on slow connections. Quality settings are necessary, and should always be included. However, disable particle effects and extra animations is a feature that would make many more games run at an acceptable speed on slow computers.
3.) Content warning. There are certain things, such as gore, sexual content, or crude humor, that some players want to avoid. Would it be so difficult for a developer to put a brief warning like that before players start the game?

I really enjoy using Kongregate – these changes, if even possible, would make this site even better.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wardensharp:

What every Kongregate game should have, preferably before the game loads:
1.) Sound controls, or at least a mute button
2.) Graphics controls; My guess is that many people use Kongregate, in large part, to play games that actually run on slow computers or on slow connections. Quality settings are necessary, and should always be included. However, disable particle effects and extra animations is a feature that would make many more games run at an acceptable speed on slow computers.
3.) Content warning. There are certain things, such as gore, sexual content, or crude humor, that some players want to avoid. Would it be so difficult for a developer to put a brief warning like that before players start the game?

I really enjoy using Kongregate – these changes, if even possible, would make this site even better.

Those are all up to the developer to implement, I don’t think that Kongregate would have the ability to put them in themselves.

Flag Post

Maybe some new look or design??
This is good but u can do better.
:D

Flag Post
Originally posted by oil20:

Maybe some new look or design??
This is good but u can do better.
:D

They just did one about a year ago.

Flag Post

I hope someone sees this awesome suggestion.

OK, short story. Me (my comment) and 517 other people (the +’s of the comment) made it possible for the game “10” to acquire achievements and a bright future towards a sequel. No, we didn’t make the game or engineer the achievements, but our support helped make it happen. However, by sheer, dumb, luck, I barely came on within the last few hours to see that there was new achievements and a special Kongregate achievement for that week to earn 20 points! Yet, if I hadn’t of gotten extremely lucky, then I’d of missed that special achievement and I’d of felt bad for not being there to get it.

My suggestion, is if we rate the game (1-5 stars), comment on the game, favorite the game, or follow the game in any way that can currently be tracked on Kongregate, then should receive a message notification or an email notification (if we chose to receive it), notifying us of any changes to the games that we follow. A simple message stating: “10, the game, now has achievements and for a limited time you can receive 20 Kongregate points as a special achievement! You can do so by following this link: kongregate.com/XYZ

Is that really so hard to ask? I just feel bad for those other 517 people that may have missed that lovely special achievement that only lasted one week, and can be obtained in a matter of 10 (hehe) minutes!

P.S. 10 (hehe) hours ago, someone commented on this thread before me! :P

Flag Post

The 20 points were the weekly Friday challenge, instead of a Kongai card or some other multiplayer content, so if they pay attention to the challenges page, they’ll know about it. It’s not really necessary to message everyone that the weekly challenge has gone up when it happens at essentially the same time every week.

Flag Post

When someone changes their avatar, it should generate a newsfeed story. It promotes engagement, because people are able to properly comment on the avatar, which is usually part of a trend and allows discussion to occur in a not-shout-spammy way.

Flag Post

There should be a way to shout or PM someone via their profile in the mobile version of Kongregate. Right now, in order to send someone a PM, I have to go to an old PM that the person I’d like to message sent me and hit reply. I don’t even think shouts are possible right now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by WiiPlayer113:

There should be a way to shout or PM someone via their profile in the mobile version of Kongregate. Right now, in order to send someone a PM, I have to go to an old PM that the person I’d like to message sent me and hit reply. I don’t even think shouts are possible right now.

I do tend to agree. BTW, there should also really be another screen in Kong arcade to cater to things like forums and PM’s instead of games. I don’t know anything about the demographics of the Kong Arcade users, but I dunno.

Flag Post

Hi,

It’s nice that game messages are now in it’s own tab. But, I’ve been receiving messages from games that I’ve blocked and games that I don’t play.

So, please STOP the spamming of game messages!

At least have an option to turn it off if you guys want to implement it.

Thank you very much.

Flag Post

It’s a known issue and is being worked on, from my understanding.

Flag Post

I still feel strongly about the moderators not doing anything…

Flag Post

Hello

Can kongrate make a game like Jam legend?

Would be AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!