Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 639 (locked)

16593 posts

Flag Post

When someone changes their avatar, it should generate a newsfeed story. It promotes engagement, because people are able to properly comment on the avatar, which is usually part of a trend and allows discussion to occur in a not-shout-spammy way.

Flag Post

There should be a way to shout or PM someone via their profile in the mobile version of Kongregate. Right now, in order to send someone a PM, I have to go to an old PM that the person I’d like to message sent me and hit reply. I don’t even think shouts are possible right now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by WiiPlayer113:

There should be a way to shout or PM someone via their profile in the mobile version of Kongregate. Right now, in order to send someone a PM, I have to go to an old PM that the person I’d like to message sent me and hit reply. I don’t even think shouts are possible right now.

I do tend to agree. BTW, there should also really be another screen in Kong arcade to cater to things like forums and PM’s instead of games. I don’t know anything about the demographics of the Kong Arcade users, but I dunno.

Flag Post

Hi,

It’s nice that game messages are now in it’s own tab. But, I’ve been receiving messages from games that I’ve blocked and games that I don’t play.

So, please STOP the spamming of game messages!

At least have an option to turn it off if you guys want to implement it.

Thank you very much.

Flag Post

It’s a known issue and is being worked on, from my understanding.

Flag Post

I still feel strongly about the moderators not doing anything…

Flag Post

Hello

Can kongrate make a game like Jam legend?

Would be AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!

Flag Post

I second the request for an opt out option for these spam-ish game messages.

I play Dream World so I like getting crystals from my friends through them but would rather not get the messages from Time World which I don’t play. Some of friends have been complaining that they are receiving messages telling them to play Dream World. They are accusing me of spamming them which is not fair to me.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Can we have a report option for “Inappropriate forum behaviour”? Pretty please.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by del3261113:

Hello Kong,
wouldn’t it be great if kong has an individual self browser (like firefox but for kongregate use only), that can save all flashgame data so user does not need to start over after cleaning browsers cache, data,etc.

You can’t lose your saves from clearing your browser’s cache.

A suggestion for cloud saves was brought up before; hopefully Kong will decide to implement them in the future.

Flag Post

Kong needs auto silence button. Example if a user spams or cusses once or breaks another rule, a Kong bot goes on chat saying, warning please dont do this and that and so on.. If they continue then another kong bot message comes up and says Warning: If you continue doing this you will get silenced, last chance, and if they continue, they will get silenced. That way will stop users from breaking rules consistantly if no Mods are on and it will solve problems quicker.

Flag Post

There’s an anti-spam script.

[Edit: Here you go. Also, it legitimately mutes frequently, so I imagine that’s why it’s not used. Plus, the whole point of taking action against someone’s account is because they’re being disruptive. If no mod is around – report. If no one reports, then they weren’t disrupting anyone. Seems like a win-win, to me.]

Flag Post

Well, it actually totally removes the need for mods.

And the whole reason why there’s a human system instead of an automated one is because every situation is different. How would a Bot differentiate between someone swearing out of frustration, someone swearing at someone else, how does it determine when something is excessive, how does it determine if somebody is filter dodging?

There are plenty of problems with an automated system that I’m sure have been brought up somewhere before, it’d cause a lot more problems that it’d solve.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stots:

And the whole reason why there’s a human system instead of an automated one is because every situation is different. How would a Bot differentiate between someone swearing out of frustration, someone swearing at someone else, how does it determine when something is excessive, how does it determine if somebody is filter dodging?

+1

This right here is why there is no such thing as an all-inclusive filter. When I was an active mod in two MMOs, one frequent argument by players who wanted to spout off obscenities everywhere was that there was a built-in filter so that should be sufficient. The problem with that is the multitude of people speaking different languages, using descriptive phrases with usually inoffensive words that are more colorful than established “bad” words, people who can’t spell, people who intentionally misspelled, and any other number of ways that a filter would fail. Regular expression filters end up simulating Jimmy Kimmel’s Week in Unnecessary Censorship skits, so filters with overly general triggers are problematic. Filtering a small number of the most commonly offensive words (as Kongregate’s filter does) while maintaining a human support mechanism (CoC, ToS, moderators, admins) is much more comprehensive.

Flag Post

The way this site is run needs serious work. Ease of joining and a staff of volunteers with no responsibilities is making the chat rooms a miserable place to be. Mods should not be room specific. If there is a problem, and a mod is online, someone should be able to come to them and receive help no matter the room. Mods should be required to preform their duties at any time when they are online. If they want to be off duty, they can get another account or resign their position. Any one who spams or openly claims to be an alt of a banned account should be banned instantly with no warning, even if they were lying. It needs to be harder to make an account to discourage people from making fifty for the purpose of trolling. Adding email verification and a 24 hour waiting period after account creation before you are able to speak would help. Any one who registers with their age set at the maximum or minimum should be tagged in a way all mods can see, and should be banned without warning if they cause any trouble.

Flag Post

It seems like your tolerance threshold is very, very low. I suggest you look into the Mute feature and use the porting feature more often.

Flag Post

at some point you did an update that puts hyphens in words that run onto the “next line” and it is ANNOYING. knock it the hell off and put chat back the way it was….quit tryin to fix what isnt broken. dont become like facebook and ruin shit.

Flag Post

I addressed your post in your thread in Technical Support, ihatethisfing. Spamming the forums with multiple copies of the same message accomplishes nothing.

Flag Post

they’ll see it somewhere. maybe. probably not.

either way if hyphens are there because of hyperlink stretching, then make it only apply to the stupid hyperlinks!

Flag Post

ihatethisfing: They already know, and it was unintentional. It WAS supposed to only apply to hyperlinks, but it didn’t work out that way. Mistakes happen. Hopefully they’ll get it fixed soon.

Flag Post

The introduction e-mail says that Kongregate has over 50,000 games. It should probably be updated to say over 75,000.

Flag Post

With so many advertisements and noobs, I would say that nobody should be allowed to comment until level 3 or so. This would really help decrease spam everywhere, and would only effect non-nooby players for a day or so, depending on how quickly they get badges. Alternately, you could make it so that nobody could comment until they spend at least 2 days on kong. I believe that this would be highly beneficial to players (90% of trollers are level 1’s who started a few days ago), so I hope that you’ll consider implementing it.

Flag Post

Some people like to play games they enjoy, not necessary games that are badged. Behaviour (badge hunting) shouldn’t be forced on people, it goes against what this site is – social hobby. This has been suggested many, many times before and it’s unlikely to happen.