Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 659 (locked)

16593 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by BoazS1:

One idea go buy Punk Buster service cuz your anti-cheat work like shit

Damn and I give them 10$

In-game issues are the developer’s responsibility. Kongregate has no jurisdiction and can’t ‘see’ what is happening in-game.

Flag Post

I think there should be a small icon (or something when you hover over somebody’s name) in chat next to a user’s name that shows whether or not they’re in the Chat tab. Just a random thought.

Flag Post

A chance to get Platinum companions by completing all the daily achevments in 1 week. Platinum crown and great looking armour as an extra suggestion. Also be great to see companions as collectables on shop floors so we can take them home or display them.

Flag Post

It would be nice if you could “front page” games so that you could have quick access to several games (not just the ones in the recenly played section). E.g. if i play FFT and then three other games, i have to search for FFT again. I play big games like FFT and stuff but i also do alot of badge hunting which make if very annoying when you have to search for games again.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RunNGunMadMan:

A chance to get Platinum companions by completing all the daily achevments in 1 week.

Please don’t repeat your suggestions when it was already explained the last time why it wouldn’t work.

Originally posted by Twigze:

It would be nice if you could “front page” games so that you could have quick access to several games (not just the ones in the recenly played section).

It sounds like what you’re looking for is already provided by the Playlist feature. Just hit the “Add to Playlist” button above the game, and then it’ll stay in your Playlist for easy access until you remove it.

Flag Post

I think developing a mobile chat room for users on mobile devices to chat with others. So like download Kongregate Chat in playstore/AppStore so people on mobile can chat with other mobiles :) it would be nice. It would definetly be something to look into considering the mobile market is sky rocketing.

Flag Post

NON-AUTOMATIC DROP DOWN MENU
I was wondering if you could make the drop down menu have a click-to-open option in settings instead of automatic or at least shorter. It can be really annoying when playing a game and it drops down over the game accidentally. In general auto drop down menus can be bothersome and frustrating. Even a longer delay for it opening and a shorter delay for it closing would help a bit.

MORE K+ FEATURES
Also it would be nice if K+ had more features even just being able to make your own custom background would be cool or at least add some new ones. The current selection has been there for a while w/o any new backgrounds to chose from. Maybe even a kongpanion background that shows all your kongpanions unlocked on either side of the page. Maybe some kong+ only games idk can’t think of too many ideas right now but k+ could definitely use more features. Voting polls for ‘badge of the day’ so to avoid an onslaught of Papa’s restaurant games :/ Most kong+ players I see are high LVL and have played a huge majority of the games on kong to reach their lvl so they would probably be good at helping vote in only the best kong badge of the day games.

GAMES THAT LINK SPECIAL FEATURES WITH LVL
Kinda like kongpanions in games something similar with your kong LVL linked into games would be sweet. Having special upgrades to start with depending on your kong LVL etc…

SYMBOLS NEXT TO NAMES ON LEGIT TOP RANKS ON HIGHSCORE LEADERBOARDS
Seeing as the developer programmed the game the developer would probably also know what the max scores achievable are for their own game. So some color symbol placed next to say the top 3 legit highscores in each category of a leaderboard would allow us to tell the cheaters more easily from the legit pros to try and beat. It’s usually obvious to tell yourself but not always unless you’ve played whichever game extensively.

THE ABILITY TO EDIT POSTED GAME COMMENTS
I’m usually careful about my spelling, but sometimes I post a comment on a game then notice incorrect spelling once it’s too late. Even if there was a limit on edits it would still be preferable to not being able to edit at all after it’s posted.

Thanks for Kong it’s my #1 most frequented gaming spot.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AlchemistDoge:

I’ve noticed that certain chatrooms have more than a mod present.
However, rooms such as that of CSPortable (game-specific chatrooms) which is often spammed by spammers has no mod. It would probably be helpful if some mods could at least visit that room from time to time. That chatroom has over 180 people present at many times. It’s really annoying when the spammers show up. Moreover, nowadays, whenever I submit a complaint against a user, I don’t get any reply from Kongregate whether any action has been taken against that particular user. It isn’t just me who is annoyed by spammers.
I kindly request you to look into this matter.

Try going here if you need mod help in any of the game rooms but yeah getting more mods for game chat rooms has been a big push for Kong lately so yeah, plus some spam is weird since certain games also have raid links(like DotD) where sending them out is part of the game to get more players to deal damage so it’s where a line has to be drawn. Now, the spam there can be just like someone spamming random letters or something. But you should be getting an email notification that you got a message about it(might have that turned off and/or not noticing you have it?(you’d be surprised how many don’t notice things like that)). But also, if your reports are legitimate.
Hope this kinda helps.

Flag Post

Hallo there was a great game unfortunately Shut down long ago called Remnants of Skystone http://www.remnantsofskystone.com/ it was playable only in kongregate and it would be GREAT if you could bring back the game

Flag Post

Kongregate needs to fix their “Kred’s” when buying Kred’s and remove ultimate game card, because they have retired and have stop all game cards. They ended on the 30th of last month!(that was the last day anyone who still had one could use it.)

Flag Post

Recently, a section called “Notable Games” was added to the main page. Since that section is pretty much useless (If the games are so “notable”, surely they would be in the top games this month, or if not there, my recommended games or the most played games, no?) I’d like to propose Recently Played games to take its place. I think that would be much, much more useful.

There are no real counterpoints against it, and it will make people visit some games more than once and encourage returning to Kong if it’s not hidden by a navbar, but in the front page. (Or you could keep it in both places, after all, “My Recommended” is in both the navbar and the front page as well.)

BTW, another suggestion: an admin should come in once in a while to at least tell us if they’re working on the suggestions, or if not, why.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hamuka:

Recently, a section called “Notable Games” was added to the main page. Since that section is pretty much useless (If the games are so “notable”, surely they would be in the top games this month, or if not there, my recommended games or the most played games, no?) I’d like to propose Recently Played games to take its place. I think that would be much, much more useful.

There are no real counterpoints against it, and it will make people visit some games more than once and encourage returning to Kong if it’s not hidden by a navbar, but in the front page. (Or you could keep it in both places, after all, “My Recommended” is in both the navbar and the front page as well.)

BTW, another suggestion: an admin should come in once in a while to at least tell us if they’re working on the suggestions, or if not, why.

EXACTLY. I remember everyone was complaining about when it was removed.

Flag Post

I would like to suggest additional option on purchasing KREDS, like MOL (MoneyOnline) and other stuff.

Flag Post

How about adding a “Sort by – Updated.” Sometimes games are patched or updated which may improve the game so much that it ends up being essentially a new game, but if you sort by Newest, they are still sorted by their original published date.

Flag Post

As for Kongpanions, I suggest that users should have a chance to earn kongpanions that they missed from prior weeks, so that us users who have missed a week or two can complete our collection ;)

Flag Post

able to search players in chat that would be cool so i dont have to scroll around to find specified player

Flag Post
Originally posted by CypherDextrous:

Maybe some kong+ only games

No! Kong+ already stripped higher-level players of beta-testing games (which means that, for a long time now, there has been no incentive for leveling up) and I think offering kong+ only games would make some people leave the site.

Originally posted by qwertyuiopazs:
Originally posted by hamuka:

EXACTLY. I remember everyone was complaining about when it was removed.

Brilliant suggestion hamuka! The “Notable Games” section seems to be filled with a ton of MMOs and RPGs. I would like to know why they are considered notable, because honestly, I don’t see how they are even remotely notable. A few of those “notable games” look and are like a lot of other games too (with the exception of the one or two platformers that are in the small section).

Flag Post

Personally, I’d like to see an option to put friends above mods on the user list in chat rooms. In rooms where there are a lot of mods, I can’t see if any of my friends are there, yet I can see the six mods. Its nice to be able to easily see mods, but its rare I need to really need to know they are there so much that they push out my friends from the top of the list.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nikc10:

Personally, I’d like to see an option to put friends above mods on the user list in chat rooms. In rooms where there are a lot of mods, I can’t see if any of my friends are there, yet I can see the six mods. Its nice to be able to easily see mods, but its rare I need to really need to know they are there so much that they push out my friends from the top of the list.

Not sure if it still works, but you can try the superior friends script for that.

Flag Post

It’s probably been suggested before but…
People who want to act like their 11 and high on smarties usually want to be around other people who are like-wise high on e numbers. People who like slightly more mature conversations like being in chat rooms with other like-minded people. Can you build that into the room descriptions? Maybe even matching first time users (or those who are randomly assigned) to the suggested room age by their reported age.
It would help with the conflicts which often come about between users trying to talk about house prices and:
####ImHamXX: POOP
####ImHamXX: POOP
####ImHamXX: PPOOP
####lex13: POOP YOU TOO
####ImHamXX: POOOPOOP
####lex13: OH DAT BURN
####ImHamXX: POP
####1erzx: lol
’nough said.

Flag Post

i think kongregate should have roll playing games and maybe some more levels? also it would be cool if we could change are user names

Flag Post

I suggest an option to block people from seeing whether or not you are online. Like a block list or a screened list.

Flag Post

Cumulative badges of the day, for if there were a way to have old kongpanions.

Since many people could not have the old kongpanions :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by champlevip:

i think kongregate should have roll playing games and maybe some more levels? also it would be cool if we could change are user names

Go to the forum games forum. Their is a reason why we can’t change usernames and that has been addressed a ton.

Originally posted by howydowy:

I suggest an option to block people from seeing whether or not you are online. Like a block list or a screened list.

You can make your profile private, so that isn’t really an issue.

Originally posted by MrSapiens:

Cumulative badges of the day, for if there were a way to have old kongpanions.

Since many people could not have the old kongpanions :(

If that happened, their would be no achievement in getting badges of the day. They would also no longer be badges of the day, they would just be badges you get random extra points for.

Flag Post

The “Notable Games” section seems to be filled with a ton of MMOs and RPGs. I would like to know why they are considered notable, because honestly, I don’t see how they are even remotely notable.

I think I have a theory, Rychip. I don’t think I should discuss it here, though, since that’d stray the thread off-topic, and we don’t want that. I’ll make a thread about it soon, though.

EDIT: Never mind, there’s one. Posted there.

And now, another suggestion which was probably said before 500 times: tag-based badge searching. If we can search for games by tags, it’s logical that we should be able to search for badges as well. If we could, people would find badged games that fit their taste more quickly, and it’d make people earn more badges, while possibly finding games they never knew about.

Also, let’s not neglect the fact that Kong could generate more pageviews on some badged games, given that they’re now easier to find, earning money to developers and Kong itself. Win-win for all sides. Don’t understand how it’s not implemented yet.