Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 659 (locked)

16547 posts

Flag Post

Nothing. The underage problem right now is fine as it is.

Flag Post

You guys should definitely make a mobile app for Kongregate Chat. It could be really useful and interesting to experiment with. The user could be able to sign in, change chat rooms, see what other people are playing, PM each other, etc. If you look through the people in the chat room, then those who are on the mobile app would have a unique symbol next to their name to show they are on the app. It could be pretty useful when chatting with people that you couldn’t normally talk to out of Kong.

Flag Post

SPOILER TAG AND OTHER FORUM FEATURES

Seriously, fgf is lacking them and severely needs them. Please add.

Flag Post

Please get rid of the “rate this game” pop-up. It’s annoying and I would like to find the the person who thought this was a good idea and do (redacted because it will violate the Human Rights Laws as decided by the UN) to them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FreakUnique:

Please get rid of the “rate this game” pop-up. It’s annoying and I would like to find the the person who thought this was a good idea and do (redacted because it will violate the Human Rights Laws as decided by the UN) to them.

I agree, instead of offering some lame opt-out option that might be implemented, please just get rid of the popup.

Flag Post

There needs to be a way to directly reply to comments in games. If someone replies to a comment you made (on a game or in the forums) it needs to go to your inbox. There needs to be a way to upvote/downvote forum posts. I’ve made this post before and it might have been replied to, but I’ll never know because no replies ever go to my inbox.

Flag Post
Originally posted by friedrice8791:

There needs to be a way to directly reply to comments in games. If someone replies to a comment you made (on a game or in the forums) it needs to go to your inbox. There needs to be a way to upvote/downvote forum posts. I’ve made this post before and it might have been replied to, but I’ll never know because no replies ever go to my inbox.

I agree with all your ideas as well.

Flag Post

More HTML support, or at least some CSS.

Seriously, think about the possibilities for new awesome thread design layouts?

Flag Post
Originally posted by iFeedKills:

More HTML support, or at least some CSS.

Seriously, think about the possibilities for new awesome thread design layouts?

Exactly.

Like when Youtube videos were embeddable and people in the Off-topic forum would have a video be 1×1 pixels and set to auto play. We used to also be able to link to games in chat where it’d be the game’s name and logo.

People ruined both of those things. This site is the definition of “That’s why we can’t have nice things.”

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:
This site is the definition of “That’s why we can’t have nice things.”

Not the site necessarily, I’d attribute it more to specific members of the community. However, if some of the things were implemented a little differently they might have been better (like not allowing videos to auto-play, or doing link checks to make sure those game links didn’t go off-site).

About the suggestion, there were some other HTML tags that were accessible (not sure if they all still are), and users spammed them a lot. There’s not a whole lot that would be nice to have that isn’t already possible one way or another (though some things like tables would be useful).

Flag Post

KongAPI support for volume control and muting of SFX and Music would be nice.

Flag Post

I’d like the option to spend Kreds to get a badge on a game. For example, 5 Kreds to get an easy badge, 10 for a medium, and 15 for a hard, or something like that. There are just a couple of badges I just can’t do, will never be able to do, and really don’t want to do. Those badges, of course, are the ones keeping me from getting the respective medals ….

Flag Post
Originally posted by bakkart:

I’d like the option to spend Kreds to get a badge on a game. For example, 5 Kreds to get an easy badge, 10 for a medium, and 15 for a hard, or something like that. There are just a couple of badges I just can’t do, will never be able to do, and really don’t want to do. Those badges, of course, are the ones keeping me from getting the respective medals ….

What a horrible suggestion. How would you be able to tell the difference between people who actually earned badges, and people who suck at games and gave in to buy a badge (sure, you can’t always distinguish between people who earn badges and those who cheat, but what you are suggesting would ultimately defeat the purpose of badges)? A badge is something you are supposed earn, not something you should have an option to pay for. I honestly hope this suggestion was just a joke, and you should also come to the realization that you can’t earn every badge that is available out there right now. For example, I hate dungeon-RPG games, and don’t plan to earn some of the medium/hard badges they had, so why would I want badges from the game? Sure, I could brag to others how instead of earning badges, I bought them, but you should also realize that badges help you get points to reach the next level. However, there are no rewards for leveling up, or for reaching the cap, except bragging-rights (people also chant bragging-rights, because honestly at the moment, there is no incentive for leveling up. at one point, however, if you reached a certain level, you unlocked beta-access, until K+ came and snatched it from everybody).

Flag Post

Wow, that was a lot of anger there … you must have a Rychip on your shoulder (ha, ha, I kid).

First of all, I was serious. How many Kreds do people have? I, for one, could afford to do my suggestion ONCE, which doesn’t seem to be a horrible thing to do. There’s just one horrible game standing between me and a medal and it would be nice just to have that out of the way.

Second, I haven’t seen anything around here to brag in; I may have overlooked a feature or a forum, but there doesn’t seem to be a ranking system here. If that’s true, then what would be the problem in a person just wanting a couple of games out of the way. I personally don’t see this as a way to gain badges as much as removing an obstacle.

Third, your final argument seems a bit circular. Badges —> leveling up and beta-access —> no reward for leveling up or beta-access. So, again, what’s the harm? If it really doesn’t do much to help people level up, if it doesn’t produce an advantage for people, why not make this an option?

My underlying argument — which may be ignorant or faulty — is that I don’t see Kreds doing much of anything here. I haven’t seen a place to spend them, and in my limited experience, I can’t imagine many other people have a Kred build-up as well. If lots of other people share my experience, then why not provide a limited way to spend a few Kreds? Again, I could afford a “free badge” once. And even if there were people who just “sucked at games” and didn’t mind spending more money, it doesn’t seem so bad — Kongregate gets more money, people get badges, it’s a win-win. (Given a lack of a ranking board, of course.)

Thanks for responding! I’m still hoping to get that one game out of the way and perhaps this eventually will become an avenue to do so.

Flag Post
I don’t see Kreds doing much of anything here. I haven’t seen a place to spend them

Check the Kreds games page for a list of games which accept Kreds as payment for in-game items and such.

The only way I could see that idea working is if you could buy the badge but not the points that the badge is worth. Then, it’d appear on your profile, but be visually different than earned badges. Also, if you’d still be able to earn the badge through playing in the future to get the points (however, without the refund, or half back, or something like that). Badges are meant to be a sign of achievement, allowing people to just buy them seems counter intuitive.

Flag Post

If you can’t complete a badge, you shouldn’t have it.

Flag Post

I like the idea of buying a badge and not getting the points — that would limit how many people would want. Maybe even a limit on not being able to buy a Badge of the Day. And thanks for the Kreds game page link; I’ll have to check that out.

I would argue, though, against badges being signs of achievement. Signs for whom? Sincere Question #1: do people look at or care about other players’ badges? I ask because I don’t, and even if someone now points me to a link where you can view other people’s badges, I still won’t … but maybe I’m different like that. I don’t know. Sincere Question #2: is there a ranking page for badges and/or points?

I guess I’m basically saying that if there’s really no badge ranking, if there’s really no sense of comparison, then why would it matter if someone like me would want to buy my way out of one badge, or if someone with loads of money would want to buy his way out of several badges?

I still think being able to use Kreds to buy a badge would be a welcome relief for OCD people like me who are one badge away from getting all the medals, but the last game is unpleasant and impossible … not a good combination.

Flag Post
do people look at or care about other players’ badges?

Personally, yes, I like to see who has what achievements amongst my friends, and like to be able to recommend ones for them to do.

is there a ranking page for badges and/or points?

For points there’s always the leaderboards which lists the top 25 users on the site, and the extended leaderboards which (currently) lists the top 464,624 users on the site. There are some tools for ranking who has how many badges, but I haven’t seen any all-inclusive ones (closest would be Badge Master or this page, but neither include all users, or all top users even).

I think it boils down to what you see badges as vs. what others see them as. Personally, I see them as something that shows that you’ve accomplished something in a game through playing, if people could buy them then that defeats the purpose that I see.

I still think being able to use Kreds to buy a badge would be a welcome relief for OCD people like me who are one badge away from getting all the medals, but the last game is unpleasant and impossible … not a good combination.

If it makes your OCD fee any better, you should know that it’s currently impossible to obtain every badge, since some have been retired, so only people who were around to play the games when they were still running could have earned them. Also, for my own interest, which badge is the one you’re stuck on and prompted this idea?

Flag Post

I was playing some games in “under judgement.” One game in particular had a good beginning, but needed some tweaking. I pointed out the areas in question and added some suggestions. Much to my dismay, I discovered that the “Comment” box was limited to 1000 spaces (?), which I assumed meant “keystrokes.”

I reduced the comments drastically, leaving out some of the suggestions. examples and a “smiley” comment. Again, I pressed the “Comment” box and again was met with the error message about it being too long.

I went back through the comments and reduced some sentences to meaningful phrases, deleted some punctuation being careful not to change the meaning, and deleted some suggestions but combining them in other suggestions. Again, I clicked “Comment” box and again was given the error message.

I couldn’t see what else to delete, so I counted the keystrokes in each line and every double space between areas of concern and suggestions, which was no easy task. I was well under the 1000 limit.

Suggestion: 1) If the comment space is to be limited, put a “keystroke” counter at the bottom.

2) When corrections are being made, have the error message (about the comment being too long) disappear or an “X” box to delete it and then reappear if it’s still too long or appear not at all if the limit hasn’t been reached.

We all like good games and the Dev’s, especially the ones in the Apprentice League, need our feedback. When I see comments like, “Good game” or “Loved it.” I ask myself “What was good about it? What did the player like about the game?” Then I see comments like “Hated it.” or “Failure.” I ask myself “Why?” Really, 1000 keystrokes aren’t very many when trying to help a Budding Dev do better.

What happened to my comment to the Dev of the above game? He/She never got it. I quit after almost an hour of scrutinizing it. I guess I could go back and say “Needs work” (as I have seen before) and leave it at that. But, in my opinion, that’s as bad as saying nothing at all.

Flag Post

i think we should be able to gift kreds to friends

Flag Post

I would like to suggest to add a link from the earned kongpanion image (in kongpanions page) to past games played for the kongpanion, this way we could remember a game from a kongpanion (im my specific case, I’ve played a nice game ~6 weeks ago, but cant remember what game is, just the kongpanion T_T )
Sorry if this question was already done in this forum, I didn’t a good search there. Also, english isn’t my native language, so sorry for the bad engrish.

Flag Post

Forget about this. Found page http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/373939-badge-of-the-day-botd-2014-archives which solves the problem.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bakkart:

Wow, that was a lot of anger there … you must have a Rychip on your shoulder (ha, ha, I kid).

Thank you for that pun :D

Anyways, sorry if I appeared angry, I was just stressing how much I hate K+, because it is so ridiculous, and how much I hate the idea of people buying badges. In fact, if such a thing was implemented, I would leave this site altogether, and would strongly encourage others not to par take in it either. So what if you can’t get every badge? Who cares? Why do you want to be able to buy badges? So you can get them out of the way? And as 123aaa789 mentioned, you can’t get every badge, as some have been retired. And if people were going left and right buying badges, nobody would be able to tell who was earning them versus those who are to cheap to actually try to earn badges and just pay-up?

Flag Post
Originally posted by mine1it:

i think we should be able to gift kreds to friends

game stop cards

Flag Post

It sounds like I’m in a minority here on my idea of buying badges with Kreds, so I’ll concede. But …

To answer/reply to a few questions:

1. So what if you can’t get every badge? Who cares? Why do you want to be able to buy a badge? So you can get them out of the way?

I don’t want every badge, I want one badge to complete a medal. I really don’t care about badges in general. However, if as you say no one cares about not being able to get a badge, then it should follow that no one should care if someone buys a badge.

2. If people were going left and right buying badges, nobody would be able to tell who was earning them versus those who are too cheap.

How is this a problem? Again, who cares who has what badges? Especially if you take away earned points for a bought badge, there’s really no advantage to buying a badge except to avoid playing an unwanted game in order to get a medal. (Semantic point — I think you mean “too lazy” instead of “too cheap” since those who would pay for badges are being anything but cheap.)

I’m a little surprised at how vehement so many people are on this — it seems nearly everyone is … what, offended that I even proposed this. What’s so holy about earning a badge the old-fashioned way here? As a point of contrast, I would have never suggested this over at Armorgames because there is a clear pecking order for those who have earned a number of quests. Buying out of a quest there definitely would be gaining an unfair advantage. Here at Kongregate, what’s the advantage? If I buy a badge but don’t get the points, I don’t climb up the Badge Points ranking ladder. And if you would additionally limit this to a one-time deal (kind of like a “Get Out of Jail Free” card), I don’t see why people should be so up in arms about it.

I doubt I’ve changed anyone’s mind on this, but this was an interesting experience to find out more about Kongregate’s culture.