Forums Kongregate

KongregateMagazine

69 posts

Flag Post

So ive decided to do something helpfull and i came up with this.The kongregate magazine is a flash version of a kongregates news reporter that will be realeased once every week.I have already started the making of issue 1 but it would be better to get some help so heres what i need:
gossips,suggestions for game of the week,easter eggs,interviews from staff of forum usuals,updates,walkthroughs for cards or badges,pictures and other usefull new that i can put in.Everyone who contributes will be added in the credits page.

Flag Post

Whats wrong with COCAK?

Flag Post

Yeah,and the GamerKC’s Newsletter?

Flag Post

This isnt like cocak its made with flash and will be published here

Flag Post

arcane wann give an interviewm for the first issue

Flag Post

Nqkoi1, no offense meant or anything, but you seem to be trying too hard to do something big and important and clever. There is already a good magazine-style thing / Newsletter for Kongregate, unless you can think of something extra to do to make it more worthwhile, for example, in-depth reviews and walkthroughs for games (although, we DO already have walkthroughs for a lot of games on the forums…). Also, how were you planning on publishing a Flash-based magazine here? I hope you don’t mean you’ll be submitting it as a game every week, in my view that would be abusing the system…

Flag Post

Yes thats why i will do and if thats abusive you should check out some of the other games

Flag Post

My point is, your newsletter thing isn’t a GAME, so it shouldn’t be submitted to the GAMES portal thingy. If you can find a way of displaying it in the forums without submitting it, or finding a way of turning it into a game, then I’d have no problem with it.

Flag Post

Weel then would you call the tutorials submitted here games

Flag Post

Either make it a game, or dont submit it as a game. A lot of tutorials have at least SOME interaction too. (look at the understanding games series)

Flag Post

those tutorials shouldn’t be there IMO, Nqkoi you can always upload your magazine issue to photobucket, and then embed it into the forums, and create your own thread for it if you really want. It’ll eliminate your magazine not being a game thing, and you can still have it on kongregate

Flag Post

Nono your missing the point i think that 10% of the people that play here also visit the forums and i want to put it somewhere it can be seen

Flag Post

putting something where it belongs is more important than putting it where it will be seen. Would you put a PS3 on you dining room table simply so people could see that you got one?

Flag Post

yes

Flag Post

Oh yes and JudeMavverick i made something for you so u dont have to use gregs picture.http://free-image-upload.freefilespot.com/download.php?file=a99e2e251b9d948c6ba404bd502f4313

Flag Post

I will laugh as you spill gravy all over your hypothetical PS3

Flag Post

Is there a reason your still bugging me

Flag Post

I will laugh as you spill gravy all over your hypothetical magazine… wait that didnt come out right…

Flag Post

Boy your smart

Flag Post

I’ve had this going on in my mind, but with COCAK and The Gamerkc Newsletter, I think it might not work. If it does, I might contribute.

Flag Post

Ok thanks

Flag Post

This isnt like cocak its made with flash and will be published here

1) Being made in Flash is actually a negative point, in several ways
2) Being published here is not much different. COCAK has a link from the forums as well, so its just as accessible.

Thanks for the interview requests but your use of English on the forums makes me uncomfortable with your writing skills. Work on your post quality first.

Flag Post

Right then…

Flag Post

COCAK is a better thing than Nqkoi1’s idea. And it links to my blog: ConGREGate

Flag Post

Heh how could you know that you haven even seen it.