Forums Kongregate

NHTSA Video Watcher Award (locked)

26 posts

Flag Post

What is this? I’ve just seen a few people who said that they have gotten 20 points and it says NHTSA Video Watcher Award on their points list. Anyone care to explain what this is?

Flag Post

There’s an ad that pops up before games sometimes that awards points if you choose to watch it and accept it.

Flag Post

Wait, what? CURSE YOU AD-BLOCK PLUS

Flag Post

Yeah I know I was thinking the same thing lol.

Flag Post

WHAT?!? I have to do this!

Flag Post

I’ve gotten this. It’s an anti-drunk driving ad that was shown before. This isn’t the first time there’s been points based off of this video.

Flag Post

Can we get the ad on every game you play until you earned it? I’ve started several, and no luck.

Flag Post

I hate these add popups. The wall add are annoying enough. Now they bring these

Flag Post

I watched it before points were available for it, now it’s now showing up again. :(

Flag Post

Where’s my free points? I’ve watched the video a ton of times.

Flag Post

Are the ads targeted by region? The NHTSA is American, so the ad network may not serve it to people accessing Kong from outside of the US.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrSpontaneous:

Are the ads targeted by region? The NHTSA is American, so the ad network may not serve it to people accessing Kong from outside of the US.

I got it and I live in Canada.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sukasai:

There’s an ad that pops up before games sometimes that awards points if you choose to watch it and accept it.

That isn’t fair. Some of us won’t get that privilege.

Flag Post

no no.. what link ???

Flag Post

First post of this thread is what OP’s looking for

Flag Post

i got it and i live in china….

Flag Post

Apparently these ads don’t reach Idaho, so even inside the U.S. some people can’t get them.

Flag Post

yes i got 20 points just for watching the entire ad, it’s not long so don’t worry!

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thorock:

yes i got 20 points just for watching the entire ad, it’s not long so don’t worry!

how ?

Flag Post
Originally posted by TARDIS:

That’s how. Click the image to get to the link, not the link below.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:
Originally posted by TARDIS:

That’s how. Click the image to get to the link, not the link below.

Just that the video returns a “Page not found” link.

Flag Post

The event is over for now, as far as I know, so you can’t get the points or Kreds anymore. It’ll be back in a few months most likely though.