Forums Kongregate

NHTSA Video-Watcher Award (20 points)

22 posts

Flag Post

I see this in a lot of point histories. I, myself, have loaded the supposed “Cockroach Anti-Drunk Driving” ad over six times, and I’ve received nothing for it. Has it expired or is this a known glitch? Adblock is off, tried Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and IE.

Flag Post

I’ve never been able to get the ad myself.

Flag Post

What “points” are we talking about?

Flag Post

Here’s a copypasta example:

Dec. 23, 2010 20 NHTSA Video-Watcher Award

Flag Post

I got it on the 22nd, playing just chatting, using safari. There’s a little thing that appears that say something along the lines of “click here to earn 20 points and watch the video.”

Flag Post

I never got them, guess I should turn off my AdBlock now.

Flag Post

Knio, I believe that the 20 point challenge may only appear on specific games. I earned the NHTSA Video-Watcher Award earlier today, but upon inspection with a different account, games that loaded the challenge (in a quick test) were Arkandian Crusade and Factory Ball: the Christmas Edition, while games like Endeavor didn’t for me. So Kongregate could just be targeting specific games or it could be completely random.

Here is what the ad should look like:

The commercial/advertisement itself doesn’t award points unless this menu comes up. So you may have seen the advertisement several times in the past, but only when this menu comes up will it actually count towards your Kongregate points.

Flag Post

watching ads is harder than medium badges…

Flag Post

Alright, snipahar. I’ll try refreshing until that ad comes up. Thanks for the help!

Flag Post

Never got that menu either, instead I’m having continous problems loading games on first try lately (getting a black screen instead). I’m pretty sure those things are related.

Flag Post

Same here, Danaroth.

Flag Post

Knio, I believe that the 20 point challenge may only appear on specific games.

That is not true. I checked this with a few low-rating games, and they all have the Video-Watcher challenge.

Anyways, I did it, thanks for the heads ups, I got the points now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by fdsasdf:

watching ads is harder than medium badges…

Well I’ve earned 449 medium badges… I don’t remember the last time I watched an advert. Probably when I was trying to get free Kreds for it.

<3 Adblock Plus

Flag Post
Thanks for the help!

Your welcome Knio! :D

Flag Post

Update: Still can’t get it. No idea why; I’ve tried many games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by knio:

Update: Still can’t get it. No idea why; I’ve tried many games.

knio, try clearing your Cookies and Cache.

Flag Post

I tried, and there was no difference.

Flag Post

Probably something to do with the region you live in. Sorry, can’t help. But if you really want that 20 points, you could message a staff and they might award you.

Flag Post

Good idea.

Flag Post

pretty amzing but what points

Flag Post
Originally posted by alphine:

pretty amzing but what points

Kong points. Don’t worry about it though, the event is over.

-Pip

Flag Post